Ohio State To Investigate Player-Car ...

Ohio State To Investigate Player-Car Deals | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

There are 126 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from May 7, 2011, titled Ohio State To Investigate Player-Car Deals | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News. In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

Ohio State University will investigate whether some of its student-athletes were getting special deals on used cars, 10 Investigates reported on Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Chris S

Grove City, OH

#1 May 7, 2011
Who knows if they are guilty of this, but now it seems because of Tressel we are going to just investigate everything. Is that the death penalty I hear knocking on the door? Okay, how about we investigate every BCS program and see what we turn up. I am sure it wouldn't be pretty. While we are at it, let's investigate NCAA and Bowl officials as well.
dave

Chillicothe, OH

#2 May 7, 2011
a 2009 Chrysler 300 with less then 20,000 miles and he paid zero $ for it.....someone guilty of something

“Time traveler”

Since: Apr 10

At large

#3 May 7, 2011
Now I know why Jack Maxton has to charge so much for parts.
getaclue

Reynoldsburg, OH

#4 May 7, 2011
Considering it is a Crysler 300 he most likely over-paid for the vehicle! When he took it from the lot it depriciated immediately. Please note I did not say drove it away.
NoWay

Columbus, OH

#5 May 7, 2011
Ah yes. May is a "sweeps" month when WBNS will do anything for ratings!
daddywags2002

Marysville, OH

#6 May 7, 2011
dave wrote:
a 2009 Chrysler 300 with less then 20,000 miles and he paid zero $ for it.....someone guilty of something
Yeah You would have to pay me to own a Chrysler!
Smell the coffee

Reynoldsburg, OH

#7 May 7, 2011
Chris S wrote:
Who knows if they are guilty of this, but now it seems because of Tressel we are going to just investigate everything. Is that the death penalty I hear knocking on the door? Okay, how about we investigate every BCS program and see what we turn up. I am sure it wouldn't be pretty. While we are at it, let's investigate NCAA and Bowl officials as well.
Its time all you Blind Buckeye fans come to terms with the fact you support a team of crooks, liers and cheaters! When you get all your wins from last season taken away, and loose 30 or more scholarships, and are on probation for the next 5 years you'll have no noe to blame but the team, and staff for all the cover-ups!!

Go look at Tressels NCAA record from Youngstown State. Over 300 violations. You think OSU didn't know about it before they hired him? He has done this is whole career. You deserve all they get!
Wow

Columbus, OH

#8 May 7, 2011
A New Chapter in the NCAA Investigation: Are the OSU Athletes Washing Their Hands After Going #2?

Fecal matter being passed to your children seeking autographs: That's the new fear here this weekend and one parent and Buckeye fan, Antoine Louis.

"I noticed the smell of my hand took on a different character after I shook his hand" Antoine told us of meeting one of the players. And just seconds later, he put his hand flat on the picture little Neveah brought for him to sign. Now the child is in the hospital with days to live, and the unrelated gunshot that put him there did not help matters.

When asked what this means for the team, one of the coaches, who wished to remain anonymous, quipped "Great, now I have to follow all the guys to the bathroom too?"

Keep and eye on us here for continuing coverage of Stinkpalmgate.
laurie

Columbus, OH

#9 May 7, 2011
this is getting stupid, now do they need to find out when they used the bathroom last and what time.....in this economy I guess it gives someone a job but at what cost and embarrasement? Go find a real job investigators..
Dirk

Powell, OH

#10 May 7, 2011
Smell the coffee wrote:
<quoted text>Its time all you Blind Buckeye fans come to terms with the fact you support a team of crooks, liers and cheaters! When you get all your wins from last season taken away, and loose 30 or more scholarships, and are on probation for the next 5 years you'll have no noe to blame but the team, and staff for all the cover-ups!!

Go look at Tressels NCAA record from Youngstown State. Over 300 violations. You think OSU didn't know about it before they hired him? He has done this is whole career. You deserve all they get!
Wow, please go back to school.
Bill T

Columbus, OH

#11 May 7, 2011
The ole saying may hold true, " where there is smoke there is fire "
SeminoleBH

Columbus, OH

#12 May 7, 2011
It's pretty obvious they have been getting 'hooked up' for a long time, when everything first came out about the Tattoos Antonio Pittman came right out and said they have been getting hooked up for a long time. And how many different cars has Pryor gotten pulled over in? Test driving a car for a weekend? come on, we heard this stuff a long time ago and they are just now getting around to it...every school gets caught at something but everything just keeps adding up with the lies and how long Tressel (and gene smith, doug archie) knew about everything. FSU got theirs with the whole cheating scandal but it's not like Bobby Bowden knew about it and just didn't do anything...

Time for tOSU to clean house, that includes getting rid of the 5 players already suspended.
GRANPA

United States

#13 May 7, 2011
Buckeye fans say what you want about the investigators, but THE OSU is full of THUGS AND LIARS.
NUTTS

Chillicothe, OH

#14 May 7, 2011
Go check out other colleges/universities would ya!! They are all doing it in one way or another.

I want to know what the difference is of a player selling anything that is THEIRS IN THE FIRST PLACE - to the university promoting and selling things in the stores and we buy them. They are exploiting all OSU athletes - they are exploiting all atheletes in every single college/university. Quit picking on just one and do investigations on them all!!!!
GRANPA

United States

#15 May 7, 2011
Is" THE OSU", getting close to being SMU#2.
Call Herbie and get your answer Buckeye Fan.!!!!!
GRANPA

United States

#16 May 7, 2011
Mike White was fired at ILL. in 84 for almost the same things as JT, and was not allowed to coach a D1 school again, JT I hope you saved some of the 3.5Mil. you may be out of work soon.
Wow

Columbus, OH

#17 May 7, 2011
SeminoleBH wrote:
It's pretty obvious they have been getting 'hooked up' for a long time, when everything first came out about the Tattoos Antonio Pittman came right out and said they have been getting hooked up for a long time. And how many different cars has Pryor gotten pulled over in? Test driving a car for a weekend? come on, we heard this stuff a long time ago and they are just now getting around to it...every school gets caught at something but everything just keeps adding up with the lies and how long Tressel (and gene smith, doug archie) knew about everything. FSU got theirs with the whole cheating scandal but it's not like Bobby Bowden knew about it and just didn't do anything...
Time for tOSU to clean house, that includes getting rid of the 5 players already suspended.
Nepotism and celebrity worship?!?!? In MY America?!?!? Well! I never!!!
Halarious

London, OH

#18 May 7, 2011
Smell the coffee wrote:
<quoted text>
Its time all you Blind Buckeye fans come to terms with the fact you support a team of crooks, liers and cheaters! When you get all your wins from last season taken away, and loose 30 or more scholarships, and are on probation for the next 5 years you'll have no noe to blame but the team, and staff for all the cover-ups!!
Just when I think I see, hear or read "stupid" this jumps up. "Then" we have more "stupid" people that jump all over this accusation to show "more" ignorance out of nothing but jealousy or should I just come ut with the "stupid" word?

I seen one of the OSU players that "ran" a yellow light and I'm wondering if I can get "someone" to bite on this one, so we can debate it being red or yellow???

This one has had me "so" upset, I'm not sure whom I should contact to report such a crime, I am losing sleep.

If any of you fine people on this post sight could share some insight and help as to whom I need to contact to "prove" this...it will be "most" appreciated.

I've decided that if you can't beatem...juzt joinem...so I'm hopping on the "dumb" band wagon.

Along with being "stupid"...did Obama pull the trigger that killed OBL? Knowing the fact that we are told he's been killed, I appreciate the fact that "our" President found it "more" important to convince me that he's running for re-election and OBL being killed is less important.

Thank you media for keeping me convinced that I am an minority and I have a "whole" different view on "what's" important in life...as I've been a confused individual, as I "don't" believe there "really" is reality to everything that I read.

Just maybe "where" our OSU students and family chose to buy their personal vehicles is "much" more important then I realized.

Now I'm beginning to think...should they be allowed to shop at Wal-mart or K-Mart...

More reason to lose sleep.........
Anyone care to ride???
D Rand

Bellefontaine, OH

#19 May 7, 2011
Are you at channel 10 committed to digging up anything possible involving the OSU athletic program and dragging it through the mud??? Good job supporting your university !!!
lardy

Olympia, WA

#20 May 7, 2011
Chris S wrote:
You would be exactly correct.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler 300 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News FCA to recall 1.1 million vehicles for confusin... Wed who 1
News Fiat Chrysler's recall, Toyota's earthquake woe... Apr 25 more of 1
News Fiat Chrysler recalling more than 1.1 million v... Apr 24 fred 4
Check Engine Light on for 3 days (Apr '06) Apr 13 Msdnicety 117
Chrysler 300 Climate Control Light not working (Jan '08) Mar '16 Merry 63
Chrysler 300c Stalls (Oct '07) Mar '16 Elliott 1 162
News Regulators turn up heat over Fiat Chrysler roll... Feb '16 by golly 4
More from around the web