Chrysler overdelivers promised power ...

Chrysler overdelivers promised power in Dodge Challenger, muscle cars

There are 20 comments on the Carlsbad Current-Argus story from Jul 23, 2011, titled Chrysler overdelivers promised power in Dodge Challenger, muscle cars. In it, Carlsbad Current-Argus reports that:

Chrysler Group's SRT, now a separate brand run by design chief Ralph Gilles, promised top-shelf power when it showed its new ultra-high-performance models for 2012 on this past auto show season: the Chrysler 300 SRT8, Dodge Charger SRT8 and Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 that join the Dodge Challenger SRT8 392.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carlsbad Current-Argus.

qwerty keyboard

Phoenix, AZ

#1 Jul 23, 2011
RockNtheRoad

United States

#2 Jul 23, 2011
Chrysler overdelivers promised power in Dodge Challenger, muscle carsPosted: 07/23/2011 08:17:50 AM MDT

Chrysler Group's SRT, now a separate brand run by design chief Ralph Gilles, promised top-shelf power when it showed its new ultra-high-performance models for 2012 on this past auto show season: the Chrysler 300 SRT8, Dodge Charger SRT8 and Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 that join the Dodge Challenger SRT8 392. Turned out when SRT rolled out the new models for media at Willow Springs in the California desert, the company had underpromised and overdelivered.
Chrysler had said their new 6.4-liter Hemi V-8 would produced 465 hp. and 465 lbs.-ft. of torque. But the 2012 SRT8 Chrysler 300, Dodge Challenger and Charger SRT8 showed up rated 470 hp. and 470 lbs.-ft. of torque. And the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 is rated at 470 hp. and 465 lbs. ft.
BAP4LIFE

Frisco, TX

#3 Jul 23, 2011
Now that is some bad asssssss cars Chrysler is back !!!!! Muscle from Detroit
qwerty keyboard

Phoenix, AZ

#4 Jul 23, 2011
"the 2012 ZL1 aims to grow the legend, and it comes well prepared with a supercharged LSA V-8, borrowed from the Cadillac CTS-V. Producing an estimated 550 hp"

chevy for the win.
The Real Truth

Carlsbad, NM

#5 Jul 23, 2011
qwerty keyboard wrote:
"the 2012 ZL1 aims to grow the legend, and it comes well prepared with a supercharged LSA V-8, borrowed from the Cadillac CTS-V. Producing an estimated 550 hp"
chevy for the win.
Yea, well go read up how many of the tinker toy tranmissions have already failed in even the lower powered Camaros....Chevy, more of the same!
The Truth

Taylor, MI

#6 Jul 24, 2011
What's with you people and stealing my good name? should i patent my name?
qwerty keyboard

Phoenix, AZ

#7 Jul 24, 2011
The Real Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, well go read up how many of the tinker toy tranmissions have already failed in even the lower powered Camaros....Chevy, more of the same!
we are talking about engines, not transmissions. stay on the subject. what are you gonna cry about next? that chevy doesnt make pink cars for you?
Damage Control

United States

#8 Jul 24, 2011
qwerty keyboard wrote:
<quoted text>
we are talking about engines, not transmissions. stay on the subject. what are you gonna cry about next? that chevy doesnt make pink cars for you?
Vrooom...Flintstones, meet the Flintstones, YabaDabaDoo...

but a transmission to to a car, what bare feet are to Fred...

Wilma!!!!
Damage Control

United States

#9 Jul 24, 2011
qwerty keyboard wrote:
chevy for the win.
I do have to admit, that ZL1 is wicked bad, good looking ride...but 550hp isn't much show with dicey 0 torque.
The Real Truth

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Jul 24, 2011
qwerty keyboard wrote:
<quoted text>
Well what good is allllllllll that power if you can't put it to the ground je-rk off? Fail! Lose your pacifier?
Toledo Jeep

Toledo, OH

#11 Jul 24, 2011
qwerty keyboard wrote:
chevy for the win.
How much does it cost? And you can only get that in 2 cars.
Crymeariver

Pittsburgh, PA

#12 Jul 25, 2011
qwerty keyboard wrote:
Jealous?.........
Dodger

Pittsburgh, PA

#13 Jul 25, 2011
qwerty keyboard wrote:
chevy for the win.
The Camaro maybe quicker,..but not better looking..........
Alex

AOL

#14 Jul 25, 2011
BAP4LIFE wrote:
Now that is some bad asssssss cars Chrysler is back !!!!! Muscle from Detroit
Just to correct you....It's muscle from Brampton, Canada
really

United States

#15 Jul 25, 2011
The Truth wrote:
What's with you people and stealing my good name? should i patent my name?
Patent it? I think ur an idiot for thinking u patent a name.
joke

Rockford, IL

#16 Jul 25, 2011
sign that song....C...A...N...A...D...A. .. Proud builders of the 300 challenger and charger...WE build calibers...hahahaha
The Truth 101

Canton, IL

#17 Jul 25, 2011
Detroit is dead!!! Even Chrysler new labor here was a self imposed death sentence. Thank you Canada!!!
qwerty keyboard

Pittsburgh, PA

#18 Jul 26, 2011
You guys are all f**king Nuts
gonzo

United States

#19 Jul 26, 2011
challenger, camaro, mustang, still better looking than any foriegn piece of shit on the road.
The Real Truth

Carlsbad, NM

#20 Jul 27, 2011
really wrote:
<quoted text>
Patent it? I think ur an idiot for thinking u patent a name.
Why not? That little heeb that stole facebook thinks he can copyright the word, "face".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler 300 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grille replacement Mar 5 DBwarrior 1
Check Engine Light on for 3 days (Apr '06) Jan '17 petermaclean canada 118
No Wifi in 2017 Chrysler 300 Dec '16 Delirious-T 1
Chrysler 300c Stalls (Oct '07) Dec '16 Lindytindy 166
Doors freezing home when cold Dec '16 Jdubb311 1
News What's New for 2017: Chrysler Dec '16 Bob 3
Just wondering Nov '16 Devontua 1
More from around the web