Worldwide clamor for Jeep

Nov 3, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Toledo Blade

A Jeep made by Beijing Automotive Industry Corp. is on exhibit in Beijing in 2009.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Nov 4, 2012
Charles

Bonne Terre, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Chrysler currently owns a facility in Venezuela that assembles Jeep Cherokees from what the industry calls knock-down kits boxes of parts made and partially assembled elsewhere and then shipped for final assembly. A Chrysler spokesman said that operation had produced 7,275 units through September.

This is what they wanted to do here if they could of got rid of Chrysler and gm and the uaw . It is a one line assembly . I talked to some engineers before the fall that I know and they were drawing up plans for this. All body parts were plastic ,no need for a body shop or paint.
Gottime

Macomb, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

RETIRED wrote:
<quoted text>theJeep is moving operations to China = too funny = hahahahaha
Ok. So you are saying Sergio Marchionne, who is the CEO of 3 companies, will focus energy on getting rid of seniority? Sure he will. The financial situation in Europe and Chryslers return from bankruptcy and the poor economy here and the slew of new product launches that will be happening the next few years and he will try to change seniority? You do realize how unimportant that is in the grand scheme of things? It won't even be on the table.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chrysler 300 Discussions

Search the Chrysler 300 Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Chrysler 300c Stalls (Oct '07) 4 hr JD Ray 142
Chrysler to keep Canada plants without gov't help Jul 17 sam 12
Chrysler 300 Climate Control Light not working (Jan '08) Jul 9 Bruster 54
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT Named 'SUV of the ... (Oct '13) May '14 Poopsburgh 4
Next Mazda Miata: Not Alfa, Not Fiat, Perhaps A... May '14 Miataman 2
Chrysler recalls more than 247,000 cars, SUVs (Apr '13) Apr '14 Soy Sauce for Gas 14
Automakers unveil China-focused models in Beijing Apr '14 RayH 1
•••

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••