Check Engine Light on for 3 days
Kamesha

Dallas, TX

#21 Jun 4, 2008
I have a 2007 Chrysler 300 Touring. We have only had the car for 3 mos and the check engine light goes off and on, on a daily basis for the past two weeks. Has anyone found a definite reason whyt this keeps happening?
JV in San Jose

Surprise, AZ

#22 Jul 11, 2008
Engine light came on with loosing power on 2006 300C. Stayed at the dealer for 5 days and got it fixed for $519 to replace the transmission module controller last week. The car is driving fine since then
Esidju - Al

AOL

#23 Aug 18, 2008
I have a 2005 300 Touring, 29000 miles, it has been nothing but problems. Now I have a new problem, my engine light come on and off randomly, with no answer from dealership. Has anyone been successful with what the problem mybe? I think we all should return them to Chrysler for a full refund. Need help.
Shauna

Bonita Springs, FL

#24 Oct 30, 2008
I just bought a used 2007 Chrysler 300 touring and it has just over 30,000 miles. The other day the check engine light went on, I thought it was the loose gas cap, so I tightened it and drove it around the block a few times (like the owners manual said), then it went off. The next day, it's back on. I just took it to the dealership (thank god it's still under warranty!) I'll see what they say, but this shouldn't be happening!
Randy

Garden City, NY

#25 Nov 17, 2008
I have one of the earliest 2005 300C's, which now has 69,365 miles. Was sure glad to have gotten the 70K extended warranty. At 60K the engine light and lightening bolt light appeared. Car would only drive at 5 mph. No acceleration at peddle. The throttle body had to be replaced. At that time they also cleaned the injectors and had to replace the powertrain module, because for some reason it wasn't synching up to the new throttle body. On a 400 mile trip yesterday the engine light came on, car idles rough and has very rough acceleration. Dealer informed me that the MDS solenoid needs to be replaced.
aaron anderson

New Orleans, LA

#26 Nov 17, 2008
our light has been coming on and off since we bought the car the dealership says if the light stays on for more than three days to bring it it well it seems to go off right before we bring it in every time. what a pain in the neck
kamesha

Irving, TX

#27 Jan 16, 2009
It is now Feb 2009 and from my orig post in Jun 2008 - the check engine light has never gone off. We took it to our regular guy and he got a P1004 code "Short Runner Valve Control Performance". I read that the softwre will have to be updated in the car or maybe the valve has to be replaced. Anyone else had this done? I don't want to be out of alot of money and the problem still exists. I really think they need to recall these cars as many problems as we are having.
Ramray

United States

#28 Mar 9, 2009
Hi

Bought an '07 Charger and the light came on. First time was a hose that needed replacing. Light came on again and I am taking it back for the 2nd time as the service dept. thinks it is a bad thermostat. I understand this is a common issue for the LX models (300C, Charger, Magnum)but in most cases the cars run fine....perhaps the warning comes on for nothing? Will keep you posted
Joe Somebody

Piscataway, NJ

#29 Mar 26, 2009
frustrated in Hawaii wrote:
My bosses brand new Azera had the engine light come on. She took it to the dealership and they tried several things but nothing helped. she exercised her rights under the lemon law and got a new azera and guess what / it happened again. Supposedly the problem was holes in some engine part that were too small and it did not allow proper oil flow. Now she is having to deal with the same issue all over again in her new azera. The dealership had her first car for over a month before giving it back and still the problem was not resolved. With the new car they have had it for 2 weeks. they claim the problem is fixed but told her they have to put 350 miles on it before they can give it back. I have never heard of this. I have noticed that lately you do not see the Azera commercials on TV like you did before. Could it just be a bad model ?
A common reason why the "check engine light" comes on in the Azeras (along with the "ESC off" sign) is because there is a problem with the Electronic Throttle Body. It needs to be replaced. There is a Technical Service bulletin out for this issue: 08-FL-004-1
Ron

Walnut, CA

#30 Apr 6, 2009
I have a 2007 Chrysler 300. The Check engine light has been on ever since i bought the car. Took it to the dealer who fix the unknown problem, then the light went back on the next day. Now the code P1004 "Short runner valve Control Performance" was diagnosed. The car feels like it doesnt take off like it is supposed to and the gas pedal does not feel as responsive as it should. Could this P1004 be causing this problem???
Frank Kovats

Randolph, NJ

#31 May 1, 2009
IDaho wrote:
My wifes 300 C (HEMI) check engine light has been nothing but a head ache. We take it to the dealership and all they can say is that my wife needs to drive the car harder. Her normal driving is small town and 45 mph or slower. Maybe once a month we will go to Boise and run it up to 80 mph. This who thing seems like a major problem.
Has anyone else had these problems.
I have 2005 Chrysler 300C with the engine light on. To the dealer, engine light off. 3 weeks later engine engine light on, This sequence after 5 times, I give up.
Todd Marchalonich

Stoney Creek, Canada

#32 Jun 25, 2009
I own a 2005 chrysler 300 and my engine light came on. got my ODB reader and seem like its the EGR sensor so i went online and did some research ...seems like everyone has this problem.. so i called chrysler up and complained and YES there is a recall on PO406 EGR sensor so u can take it to anyshop and get it fix chrysler will cover it. and it not even under warranty its under chrysler.
kevin

Fall River, MA

#33 Jul 28, 2009
I have a 2005 chrysler 300 touring check engine light came on for a few days then went away this happened twice in 1 week. Code comes up as error,i noticed that the rpms goes up by itself while i'm driving and car runs kinda rough.since i've had it for 2 years nothing but problems. i'll never buy a chrysler again.
Carol Hynes

Champlin, MN

#34 Aug 4, 2009
I have a 2004 Chrysler 300 M and my engine light came on and off for a while and then stayed on. I took it to a repair shop and they said I needed a new cam shaft sensor. I drove it 30 miles and the light was back on. I took it back and now they say it is the catalytic converter but the car is running fine. I think we need a class action suit.
Heather Oliver

Palm Coast, FL

#35 Sep 17, 2009
bought my 2006 chrysler 300 8-25-09, yesterday we picked up our car after the 3rd time having the check engine light come on. they have now replaced the cat converter and the oxygen sensors and on the way back home last night the check engine light came back on, this is ridiculous, i have only had the car 23 days and been mostly driving loaner cars.

Now i have to call the attorney general for my state about this issue, Because i bought the car with a written warranty (30 day warranty) the new car lemon law can be implemented apparently.

I need a reliable car! Im 35 weeks pregnant.
Lloyd

United States

#36 Sep 30, 2009
Car sucks 2006 300c check engine light no reason service it on time all the time ,, windows have a mind of it's on electric suck bad on this car
James

Oregon City, OR

#37 Oct 29, 2009
07 Chrysler 300 touring, engine light came on for the first time at 29,000 miles. Sounds like it is a common problem. I have the Chrysler warranty as well as an extended warranty and will post what the dealer says is the problem after I take it in. I am a little worried after reading these posts that they may not have any idea what is going on......
Glenda

Beaumont, TX

#38 Nov 5, 2009
I have a 2007 Chrysler 300 Touring Last week my malfunction light came on and after I drove 30 miles to work it went off and stayed off for several days,today on my way to work it is back on. I just recently got it out of the shop due to the shift being stuck in park and would not move.This cost several hundred dollars. the car is a sleek design but who desires to spend all their money on having to keep fixing a car that stays in the shop more than you drive it
Clark

Memphis, TN

#39 Nov 6, 2009
John wrote:
My Chrysler 300's engine light has been coming on since 18,000 mi. It has now come on 5 times and has 34,400 miles. The dealer has had the car for a week and said they have never seen the error code my car's computer is showing.They have called Chrysler for help and are waiting for a response. Looking into lemon laws in Nevada, will post again when problem is resolved.
Do you have oil consuption issues my 2005 300 engine is goin bad and engine makes noise. looking into doin a class action suit for bad oil consuption on 3.5 engines
Pudgee the phat bastard

Darby, PA

#40 Nov 24, 2009
I am quite pissed off.....I have a 2007 chrysler 300 touring and III have only had it for one whole year...it has 26,000 miles and the check engine light is on.....my mechanic syas the code is teliing him the transmission is slipping...my brother is having the same issue with his 08 300c...what is the deal...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler 300 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dodge Charger, Jeep Cherokee, Chrysler 300 reca... May 3 gm guy 1
News FCA to recall 1.1 million vehicles for confusin... Apr 27 who 1
News Fiat Chrysler's recall, Toyota's earthquake woe... Apr '16 more of 1
News Fiat Chrysler recalling more than 1.1 million v... Apr '16 fred 4
Chrysler 300 Climate Control Light not working (Jan '08) Mar '16 Merry 63
Chrysler 300c Stalls (Oct '07) Mar '16 Elliott 1 162
News Regulators turn up heat over Fiat Chrysler roll... Feb '16 by golly 4
More from around the web