Check Engine Light on for 3 days

Posted in the Chrysler 300 Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Mark Washington

Fairport, NY

#1 Apr 27, 2006
My check engine light has been on for 3 days. I put different gas in, had the service recall issues addressed, and drove highway instead of city. Has anyone had this problem?????
Adam Hansen

Kansas City, MO

#2 Jun 10, 2006
This has happened to me several times and all Chrysler said was that my computer needed updates?. The light will stay on for a few days then disappear.
frustrated in Hawaii

Honolulu, HI

#3 Jul 27, 2007
My bosses brand new Azera had the engine light come on. She took it to the dealership and they tried several things but nothing helped. she exercised her rights under the lemon law and got a new azera and guess what / it happened again. Supposedly the problem was holes in some engine part that were too small and it did not allow proper oil flow. Now she is having to deal with the same issue all over again in her new azera. The dealership had her first car for over a month before giving it back and still the problem was not resolved. With the new car they have had it for 2 weeks. they claim the problem is fixed but told her they have to put 350 miles on it before they can give it back. I have never heard of this. I have noticed that lately you do not see the Azera commercials on TV like you did before. Could it just be a bad model ?
mike

Romulus, MI

#4 Aug 20, 2007
my 2006 chrysler 300 only has 26'000 miles engine light came on two times and is still on. I think chrysler has a big big problem with all of the elect. systems on there cars. AND DON'T WANT TO TELL ANYONE ! SHOULD NOT HAPPEN ON NEW CARS......
Sunshine

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Aug 20, 2007
Sounds like a sensor issue. I have a Daytona R/T Charger..which is the same platform, but different motor, never an issue with it. I have owned Chrysler products for years and never had a major issue. I had a Saleen Mustang once, the check engine light kept coming on. Found out that when the exhaust was changed a sensor was removed and it needed a special oxigen sensor the light to go out.
IDaho

AOL

#6 Oct 16, 2007
My wifes 300 C (HEMI) check engine light has been nothing but a head ache. We take it to the dealership and all they can say is that my wife needs to drive the car harder. Her normal driving is small town and 45 mph or slower. Maybe once a month we will go to Boise and run it up to 80 mph. This who thing seems like a major problem.
Has anyone else had these problems.
Gary

Somerville, NJ

#7 Nov 26, 2007
mike wrote:
my 2006 chrysler 300 only has 26'000 miles engine light came on two times and is still on. I think chrysler has a big big problem with all of the elect. systems on there cars. AND DON'T WANT TO TELL ANYONE ! SHOULD NOT HAPPEN ON NEW CARS......
I just bought a new 2008 chrysler 300, had it for 4 days and then the engine light and a red light that looks like a lightning bolt came on the dashboard....The car started to run rough, I shut it off and waited 15 minutes and started it up again. The red lightning bolt icon went out but I still have the check engine light....Brand new car shouldn't have any problems.... am taking it to the shop today....will write back when they tell me what is wrong.....
John

Grass Valley, CA

#8 Dec 15, 2007
My Chrysler 300's engine light has been coming on since 18,000 mi. It has now come on 5 times and has 34,400 miles. The dealer has had the car for a week and said they have never seen the error code my car's computer is showing.They have called Chrysler for help and are waiting for a response. Looking into lemon laws in Nevada, will post again when problem is resolved.
IRENE - downey CA

Torrance, CA

#9 Dec 28, 2007
A reddish, orange lightning bolt keeps coming up on my dash board. i dont have a users manual.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

thanks
IRENE - downey CA

Torrance, CA

#10 Dec 28, 2007
what did they say? the lightning bolt is coming up on my dashboard too. i dont have a users manual and im not sure what this even means.

thanks.
oscar

United States

#11 Jan 25, 2008
I have a 2006 300 C and my engine light came on and stayed on at 48,000 miles. I haven't taken it yet to get it checked. I see I'm not the only one having this problem.
Kris

Crown Point, IN

#12 Feb 9, 2008
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>I just bought a new 2008 chrysler 300, had it for 4 days and then the engine light and a red light that looks like a lightning bolt came on the dashboard....The car started to run rough, I shut it off and waited 15 minutes and started it up again. The red lightning bolt icon went out but I still have the check engine light....Brand new car shouldn't have any problems.... am taking it to the shop today....will write back when they tell me what is wrong.....
I just bought a used 2007 Chrysler 300C and minutes after driving off the lot the check engine light came on indicating a problem with the gas or exhaust.
jj from san jose ca

Oakland, CA

#13 Feb 23, 2008
my engine light of chrysler '05 chrysler 300c has also been on. has anyone taken it to get checked? is this just the sensor? any recommendations? is this covered under warranty?
sherri

San Francisco, CA

#14 Mar 12, 2008
I have a 2006 chrysler 300 touring, July of 2007 my check engine light came on and it was a crank shaft sensor gone bad, now march 2008 my engine light is on again they say it is my erg valves i think crysler needs to make a recall this doesn't make any sense.
sherri

San Francisco, CA

#15 Mar 12, 2008
I have a 2006 chrysler 300 touring, July of 2007 my check engine light came on and it was a crank shaft sensor gone bad, now march 2008 my engine light is on again they say it is my egr valves i think crysler needs to make a recall this doesn't make any sense.
Cathy - SA

South Africa

#16 Mar 26, 2008
jj from san jose ca wrote:
my engine light of chrysler '05 chrysler 300c has also been on. has anyone taken it to get checked? is this just the sensor? any recommendations? is this covered under warranty?
Our Chrysler 300C has had the engine light come on 7 times at different intervals. The dealership has tried to update software, replace spark plugs but the light still comes on. This affects the fuel saver mode as well as this no longer comes on when the light is on. Has anybody had any luck in finding out how to solve this problem?
Dina

Blossom, TX

#17 Mar 26, 2008
I just bought an 08 Chrysler 300 on Feb 29th and have had to take it back to the dealership for the 4th time today because of light warnings, first it was the tire pressure and engine lights they replaced several different censors and moduals and now the engine light is back on and they have REMOVED all the seats front & back and say it is a wiring problem with a modual for the gas sensor. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm thinking I may have bought a LEMON!
Chuck

Duluth, GA

#18 Apr 6, 2008
I have a 2006 300 limited. My Malfunction light keep coming on and off. I bought a new gas cap and the light still comes on. I took it to the dealership and they replaced the igintion coil. The light came back on. I am taking it back to the dealer.
Marie

Irving, TX

#19 Apr 22, 2008
sherri wrote:
I have a 2006 chrysler 300 touring, July of 2007 my check engine light came on and it was a crank shaft sensor gone bad, now march 2008 my engine light is on again they say it is my erg valves i think crysler needs to make a recall this doesn't make any sense.
I have an 06 Chrsyler 300 touring too, my check engine light came on in Feb 08, was told it was the egr valve too. Dealership first recommended an engine flush to remove deposits that prevented the valve to close all the way,they said. So I got the flush, the light went off for 30 minutes and then the engine light came back on. Come to find out-I had to replace the tubular member in the egr system. Cost a pretty penny and the check engine light went off!

Well, two months later...The light is back on, and I am back where I started. Not sure what the code reading is this time, but I am waisting a lot of money to pay people dx the problem. Any help here is appreciated though...
Brian Markovich

Pittsburgh, PA

#20 Apr 22, 2008
I bought a new 2008 300 touring signature edtion and 1 day after driving it off the lot the malfunction light came on took it back unknown problem and reset , 1 week later back on again , dealer stated they never seen this code # before and called chrylser tech center , still unknown diagnosis , reset again , today 3rd time on going back in again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler 300 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chrysler Slips Out of Cruise Control (Jan '06) 15 min 1979jnap 4
'06 300 Ltd. lead frame failure Sep 11 Schnellco 1
Chrysler 300c Stalls (Oct '07) Sep 6 Just me 145
CEO to reveal 5-year strategy in early 2014; ke... (Nov '13) Aug '14 Alf 11
Chrysler recalls 62,369 new vehicles over glitc... (Jan '07) Aug '14 wtapsvr2 2
Chrysler 300 Climate Control Light not working (Jan '08) Aug '14 Adam 55
Fuel Line replacement or repair.... getting sus... Aug '14 Azmann 1

Chrysler 300 People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE