When American Cars Aren't Really Amer...

When American Cars Aren't Really American, Americana Docudramas Probably Are Not The Way To Go

There are 5 comments on the AdPulp story from Oct 13, 2011, titled When American Cars Aren't Really American, Americana Docudramas Probably Are Not The Way To Go. In it, AdPulp reports that:

In other American automotive industry news , Made in USA Foundation is taking Chrysler to task over advertisements depicting the Chrysler 300 as "Imported from Detroit." The California-based group filed a false advertising claim in Federal Court yesterday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at AdPulp.

whats happening

Cheyenne, WY

#1 Oct 15, 2011
The Chrysler 300 proto type was designed in Detroit and the production 300 was also designed in Detroit. I would say the car is imported from Detroit.
Alex

AOL

#2 Oct 15, 2011
whats happening wrote:
The Chrysler 300 proto type was designed in Detroit and the production 300 was also designed in Detroit. I would say the car is imported from Detroit.
Imported from Detroit, not made in Detroit. Made in Canada
little red truck

United States

#3 Oct 15, 2011
Alex wrote:
<quoted text>Imported from Detroit, not made in Detroit. Made in Canada
made in Canada and Mexico their 4 cylinder motor is Japanese and Korean designed
Alex

AOL

#4 Oct 16, 2011
little red truck wrote:
<quoted text>made in Canada and Mexico their 4 cylinder motor is Japanese and Korean designed
No 4 cylinders in Canada. Motors are from Mexico, but the cars are stamped and assembled in Canada not Detroit as they advertise.
The Truth

Macomb, MI

#5 Oct 16, 2011
whats happening wrote:
When the money stays in america like it does in Auburn Hills and with Americans getting Pensions from it, that's the problem with cars made in the south, the money goes to Japan or Korea and it supports retirees in their country's, not America

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler 300 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chrysler 300 Climate Control Light not working (Jan '08) Feb 3 Jodygirl1 70
Chrysler 300c Stalls (Oct '07) Jan '18 Erica 169
ALL NEW Performance upgrades for the 300 2.7L A... (Jun '07) Jan '18 Realhpgains 6
Tire pressure Dec '17 Jackie 1
Check Engine Light on for 3 days (Apr '06) Dec '17 Kittu3 119
Ignition problems key free spins Nov '17 Wendt 1
2005 Chrysler 300 limited Nov '17 300fan 2
More from around the web