Toyota May Beat Profit Forecasts, Reclaim Lost Market Share

There are 20 comments on the Feb 7, 2012, The Washington Post story titled Toyota May Beat Profit Forecasts, Reclaim Lost Market Share. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Toyota Motor Corp., Asia's largest carmaker, raised its profit forecast 11 percent as new models boost sales.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
gap

United States

#1 Feb 10, 2012
Still pieces of junk.
liner

Boynton Beach, FL

#2 Feb 10, 2012
gap wrote:
Still pieces of junk.
Yeah, guess that's why they're selling so many of them, heh?
CDJ Salesman

Ferndale, MI

#3 Feb 10, 2012
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, guess that's why they're selling so many of them, heh?
what planet are you living on?
hondas and toyotas are the most recalled vehicles, many for safety issues.
who in their right mind would want one?
Toyota Sucks

Southfield, MI

#4 Feb 10, 2012
Tuck Foyota!
At BAP

Chicago, IL

#5 Feb 10, 2012
Because they are good cars. That's why a lot more people love those company's than the u.s cars. They are great. But we are catching up. But let's not keep ate cats looking cheap
ut034u0t32

Ferndale, MI

#6 Feb 10, 2012
At BAP wrote:
Because they are good cars. That's why a lot more people love those company's than the u.s cars. They are great.
Wrong.
Their cars over overrated, higher priced, ugly, recall prone crap.
ut034u0t32

Ferndale, MI

#7 Feb 10, 2012
At BAP wrote:
Because they are good cars. That's why a lot more people love those company's than the u.s cars. They are great. But we are catching up. But let's not keep ate cats looking cheap
Wrong.
Their cars are overrated, higher priced, ugly, recall prone crap.
Toyota Sucks

Ferndale, MI

#9 Feb 10, 2012
WTF

Wixom, MI

#10 Feb 11, 2012
Toyoto just had another issue pop up that may force another recall. I think it was something to do with engine fires.
liner

Boynton Beach, FL

#11 Feb 11, 2012
CDJ Salesman wrote:
<quoted text>
what planet are you living on?
hondas and toyotas are the most recalled vehicles, many for safety issues.
who in their right mind would want one?
I'm living on the planet where the Camry is the best selling car in the country. Are you one of those people who thinks only YOU know what's best for everyone else?
u5rus554

Ferndale, MI

#12 Feb 11, 2012
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm living on the planet where the Camry is the best selling car in the country. Are you one of those people who thinks only YOU know what's best for everyone else?
Facts are facts.
Toyota has severe quality problems the past few years.
Anyone who's paying attention can see that.
Critical Thinker

Ferndale, MI

#13 Feb 11, 2012
Consumer Reports sheep must be so lost right now with Honda and Toyota in the tank.
Toyota Sucks

Keego Harbor, MI

#14 Feb 11, 2012
At BAP wrote:
Are they great when they can't stop???
liner

Boynton Beach, FL

#15 Feb 11, 2012
u5rus554 wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts are facts.
Toyota has severe quality problems the past few years.
Anyone who's paying attention can see that.
No, those are YOUR version of the facts. The REAL facts are Toyotas are one of the best selling brands. You can't refute that. Sure they've had some problems, but not enough to stop people from buying them. Most people don't believe everything they see in the media. You shouldn't either.
Truth Hurts

Ferndale, MI

#16 Feb 11, 2012
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, those are YOUR version of the facts. The REAL facts are Toyotas are one of the best selling brands. You can't refute that. Sure they've had some problems, but not enough to stop people from buying them. Most people don't believe everything they see in the media. You shouldn't either.
Oh yeah let's blame "the media" for reporting the news.
Go ahead and try to kill the messenger. It won't work.
Toyota sales are dropping like a stone because car buyers are finally waking up.
It takes a little time.
Real American

Ferndale, MI

#17 Feb 11, 2012
liberal rag Washington Post trying to polish the Toyota turd.
LineMan

Ferndale, MI

#18 Feb 12, 2012
in 2011,

Toyota 13 recalls 3,542,894 vehicles.
LineMan

Ferndale, MI

#19 Feb 12, 2012
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
READ IT AND WEEP, liner.
---> Toyota has now recalled more than 15 million vehicles globally to fix gas pedals and other safety problems since 2009.

:)
liner

Boynton Beach, FL

#20 Feb 12, 2012
LineMan wrote:
<quoted text>
READ IT AND WEEP, liner.
---> Toyota has now recalled more than 15 million vehicles globally to fix gas pedals and other safety problems since 2009.
:)
Gas pedal hype was bogus. Nothing wrong with them. Just don't put the wrong floor mats in your car. Same thing with the acceleration story, nothing, NOTHING was ever found with that. That's why that whole thing blew over, just wind. How do you explain the Camry being the best selling sedan in the US? I guess all those people are stupid and you're smart, is that it?
LineMan

Ferndale, MI

#21 Feb 12, 2012
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you explain the Camry being the best selling sedan in the US? I guess all those people are stupid and you're smart, is that it?
I drive a 2009 Dodge Caliber SXT - no recalls, no service bulletins, zero defects build.
So, yes, I'm smarter than someone who bought a Camry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler 300 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chrysler 300 Climate Control Light not working (Jan '08) Apr 16 Arthur 59
Chrysler 300c Stalls (Oct '07) Apr 7 akramer 155
News Dodge Challenger: Retro muscle car still a lika... (Jan '14) Feb '15 Up and Down on It 13
News First drive: 2015 Chrysler 300 Jan '15 Mr California 3
Check Engine Light on for 3 days (Apr '06) Jan '15 Rob Wacaster 113
News Cars that tell you when they're broken Dec '14 Jim 2
News DaimlerChrysler warning on jobs (Dec '06) Dec '14 John 3
More from around the web