Fiat Chrysler Group Continues to Brea...

Fiat Chrysler Group Continues to Break Sales Records During August

There are 2 comments on the The Auto Channel story from Sep 4, 2013, titled Fiat Chrysler Group Continues to Break Sales Records During August. In it, The Auto Channel reports that:

Sept 4, 2013: Fiat Chrysler Group in Australia has recorded its highest monthly sales result in history during August, up 503 units or 17.4 per cent over the previous record high achieved in June 2013.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Auto Channel.

charles

Bloomington, IN

#1 Sep 6, 2013
Mexico

mexicoMexican sales continued their fall as new leadership has reportedly slashed fleet sales, letting sales find a more natural level and preparing for organic growth. Industry observer “Mr. Source” wrote that by cutting government sales, given domestic conditions, Chrysler is laying the groundwork for greater retail sales.

Ram, Fiat, Alfa Romeo, and Chrysler are marginal brands in Mexico, with Ram selling the most of the group — 835 units for August 2013. Chrysler sold 308 cars for the month.

Fiat and Alfa Romeo combined came in at 831, 72% more than last year thanks largely to stronger sales of Fiat 500 (306). The company also sells the Palio (183), Palio Adventure (90), and Uno (100), and Alfa Romeos (sales figures unreported).

In contrast, Dodge sales continued to grow, with 1,113 Journeys, 198 Darts, and 973 Hyundai-sourced i10s. While a new i10 is on the way, it will be sold as a Hyundai, given the breakup of the Dodge/Hyundai relationship; a Fiat is expected to take i10’s and Attitude’s places in the lineup (currently also including “GTS,” a high-end Avenger; Avenger; Dart; Charger; Challenger; Journey; and Durango.) Overall, Dodge boasted 2,970 sales for the month.

Jeep sold 1,754 vehicles. Wrangler gained by 44%, making its best August since 2003, but still sold just 202 vehicles. Grand Cherokee rose 28%.

Maybe Chrysler should sell beans in Mexico
Ma Mopar

Royal Oak, MI

#2 Sep 9, 2013
charles wrote:
Mexico
mexicoMexican sales continued their fall as new leadership has reportedly slashed fleet sales, letting sales find a more natural level and preparing for organic growth. Industry observer “Mr. Source” wrote that by cutting government sales, given domestic conditions, Chrysler is laying the groundwork for greater retail sales.
Ram, Fiat, Alfa Romeo, and Chrysler are marginal brands in Mexico, with Ram selling the most of the group — 835 units for August 2013. Chrysler sold 308 cars for the month.
Fiat and Alfa Romeo combined came in at 831, 72% more than last year thanks largely to stronger sales of Fiat 500 (306). The company also sells the Palio (183), Palio Adventure (90), and Uno (100), and Alfa Romeos (sales figures unreported).
In contrast, Dodge sales continued to grow, with 1,113 Journeys, 198 Darts, and 973 Hyundai-sourced i10s. While a new i10 is on the way, it will be sold as a Hyundai, given the breakup of the Dodge/Hyundai relationship; a Fiat is expected to take i10’s and Attitude’s places in the lineup (currently also including “GTS,” a high-end Avenger; Avenger; Dart; Charger; Challenger; Journey; and Durango.) Overall, Dodge boasted 2,970 sales for the month.
Jeep sold 1,754 vehicles. Wrangler gained by 44%, making its best August since 2003, but still sold just 202 vehicles. Grand Cherokee rose 28%.
Maybe Chrysler should sell beans in Mexico
maybe you should leave, find a job somewhere else, Mexico would be a good place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler 300 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chrysler 300c Stalls (Oct '07) Jan 15 Erica 169
ALL NEW Performance upgrades for the 300 2.7L A... (Jun '07) Jan 7 Realhpgains 6
Tire pressure Dec 22 Jackie 1
Check Engine Light on for 3 days (Apr '06) Dec '17 Kittu3 119
Chrysler 300 Climate Control Light not working (Jan '08) Dec '17 MilkyTech 69
Ignition problems key free spins Nov '17 Wendt 1
2005 Chrysler 300 limited Nov '17 300fan 2
More from around the web