'Halftime in America' ad creates political debate

Feb 6, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Bellingham Herald

But Chrysler's "Halftime in America" ad featuring quintessential tough guy Clint Eastwood has generated fierce debate about whether it accurately portrays the country's most economically distressed city or amounts to a campaign ad for President Barack Obama and the auto bailouts.

Comments (Page 6)

Showing posts 101 - 117 of117
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
The Truth

Macomb, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
Our love-hate relationship with China
http://money.cnn.com/2012/02/13/news/economy/...
Our second largest trading partner
Second only to Canada, China is America's next largest trading partner, and the relationship has always been more give, than take. Since communist China opened up its economy in the 1980s, the U.S. has always imported more Chinese goods that it exports to the country.
That imbalance obviously has its pros and cons. As China gained jobs and started to industrialize, America's manufacturing sector struggled to compete with cheaper wages abroad. Robert Scott, a trade and manufacturing expert at the Economic Policy Institute, estimates the U.S. trade deficit with China cost America 2.8 million jobs between 2001 and 2010 alone.
Sucking Communist Cock just because of the love of money from Capitalists GREED, Only in America
Contributions

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

BandMaster wrote:
<quoted text>Being Obama doesn't give you the right to do whatever he wants. He's a communist. Try explaining that to God.
Wow you are beyong stupid.

Obama is the biggest weaksauce capitulator to hardline republicans in democrat history and has NOT done anything that he wants because he gives in so much.

FYI moron, Jesus was a COMMUNIST. He literally lived on a COMMUNE with his followers and dispised the inequality of rich and poor.

Read your own damn bible you damn rightwing heathens and realize how much you blasphemy against God with your false beliefs.

"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter heaven."
-JESUS CHRIST

Since: Mar 11

Acworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Judged:

What both Hebrews 2 and Luke 12:47 say that the President conveniently ignored is that anyone who claims to be a Christian or who has experienced the blessings that flow from being surrounded by believers and then does not accept Christ will be judged more harshly on the last day than those who never knew or experienced Christ’s love. Yeah, those levels of hell aren’t just for Catholics. See e.g. Matthew 11:21-22 in which Christ says,

“Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. But I tell you, it will be more bearable on the day of judgment for Tyre and Sidon than for you.”[Emphasis added]

Acworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Judged:

Unfortunately for the nation, we have a President who claims to be a Christian who is willing to take God’s Holy Word repeatedly out of context, subsume God’s commands for individuals in their conduct with each other and with Him, and try to make the case for the government’s fiscal policy with that perversion.

Acworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Judged:

It’s a darn good thing President Obama did not draw from Matthew 13:12 instead or the poor would be completely screwed.

“For to the one who has, more will be given, and he will have an abundance, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away.”(ESV)
Contributions

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Judged:

Kennesaw71 wrote:
Unfortunately for the nation, we have a President who claims to be a Christian who is willing to take God’s Holy Word repeatedly out of context, subsume God’s commands for individuals in their conduct with each other and with Him, and try to make the case for the government’s fiscal policy with that perversion.
Projecting much?

Taking God's words out of context for political gain is Republican 101.
Kennesaw71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Judged:

Contributions wrote:
<quoted text>
Projecting much?
Taking God's words out of context for political gain is Republican 101.
Owned!
Fergie

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

My humps, my humps, my lovely lady humps
swedenforever

Laurel, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

Judged:

Kennesaw71 wrote:
It’s a darn good thing President Obama did not draw from Matthew 13:12 instead or the poor would be completely screwed.
“For to the one who has, more will be given, and he will have an abundance, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away.”(ESV)
spot on, they say they're the party of family values and then make fun of disabled/retarded people for using their social security
Kennesaw71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

Judged:

You must mean the libtards making fun of Sarah Palins son.
swedenforever

Laurel, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

Kennesaw71 wrote:
You must mean the libtards making fun of Sarah Palins son.
yea, I'm guilty of that-labels are part of politics i.e. teatards
Kennesaw71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

Judged:

Of course being dumbass comes naturally for you
swedenforever

Laurel, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2012

Judged:

Kennesaw71 wrote:
Of course being dumbass comes naturally for you
i.e. Retardican AZ Sheriff comes out of the log cabin with an illegal immigrant boyfriend, and was fired by Romney's Campaign mgr.-was he a Catholic?-lol!
Kennesaw71

Stockbridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2012

Judged:

swedenforever wrote:
<quoted text>
i.e. Retardican AZ Sheriff comes out of the log cabin with an illegal immigrant boyfriend, and was fired by Romney's Campaign mgr.-was he a Catholic?-lol!
You're not JUST a dumbass, you're a dumbass hypocrite. Your side loves to preach tolerance and loves all, just not all the time... Right?
swedenforever

Laurel, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2012

Judged:

Kennesaw71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not JUST a dumbass, you're a dumbass hypocrite. Your side loves to preach tolerance and loves all, just not all the time... Right?
I could care less if he's gay,bi-sexual,straight (like me) or from Mars..he was trying to hide it, not me, you dunce
Kennesaw71

Stockbridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2012

Judged:

Just like you didn't try to hide the fact you make fun of down syndrome kids to when they happen to belong to a conservative woman, dumbass hypocrite!

Since: Jul 11

Laurel, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2012

Clint for President 2020!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101 - 117 of117
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••