Chevy S10/GMC S15-Sonoma: Problems & ...

Chevy S10/GMC S15-Sonoma: Problems & Solutions

There are 522 comments on the Edmunds.com story from Dec 4, 2005, titled Chevy S10/GMC S15-Sonoma: Problems & Solutions. In it, Edmunds.com reports that:

I don't know if this will help, but I just did some radiator work on my '01 S-10 with a 4.3. You might have a cracked tank inside the radiator.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Edmunds.com.

Memphis Mike

Southaven, MS

#473 Mar 20, 2011
I have a 1992 GMC Sonoma just replaced the wiring harness for the tail lights now the truck will turn over but wont start and there is no lights on the instrument panel I have replaced all the fuses
there is no gas going to the Carb
BigPoppa

Ashland, KY

#474 May 22, 2011
I have a 1991 GMC Sanoma missing on two cylinders and the truck is only hitting on four,what could the problem be.
BigPoppa

Ashland, KY

#475 May 22, 2011
Can a coil make a motor miss on two cylinders and only run on four and miss fire.
big big john

United States

#476 May 26, 2011
I have a 2000 extreme, the security light links constantly wether its running or not. It starts and drives fine but the light flashing is annoying, any suggestions???
Justin

United States

#477 Jun 15, 2011
I have a late 80s gmc sierra s15 with a 4.3 fuel injected motor it runs good when its cold but crappy when it gets warmed up then the engine lights come on is that an o2 sensor
James Allen

York, PA

#478 Jul 23, 2011
I have a 88 Chevy S10 2.8L v6....runs fine when it wants to but lately have experienced the voltage and oil pressure drop in the middle of driving, but more often when approaching a stop...results in lost of power steering and power breaks. Checked battery and altenator checked out good. Checked it out with the machine and only possibility that came up was the temperature sensor. Replaced it but problem still exist. Any ideas on what the problem could be.
Okie Sonoma

United States

#479 Aug 9, 2011
I have a 2001 gmc sonoma, 2.2L 4 cylinder that I'm replacing a long block out because the engine blew. As I'm removing everything to remove the engine, I come across the oil pressure sensor on the engine block, passenger side, with no wire plugged into it. I can't find a plug anywhere near it. Does anyone know how to track the wiring down so I can get a new plug and replace the missing one to the sensor. Any ideas would be appreciated.
ann

Kelowna, Canada

#480 Aug 15, 2011
2001 chev s10
car is stalling constantly rpm's drop and it stops running...eliminated several things. any idea?????????
Lindsay

United States

#481 Sep 9, 2011
I have a 2000 Sonoma 2.2L manual trans... recently its been acting crazy when I'm driving it jumps and stutters at low rpms. Now I go start it and it sounds like a go-cart... even smells like one too. I changed out the plugs wires and the coils but it still runs like shit... anybody have any ideas!?! I need to fix it asap...
Donald

Waterloo, IA

#482 Oct 22, 2011
MikePH wrote:
I Have a 1987 gmc s15 pick-up
it ran great then there was no spark
then it ran good again
now there's no spark and it won't start
I put on a new coil and it still won't run
WHAT'S UP
i am having the same problem did you ever fix it and what was wrong with it? email me at [email protected] i need help fast and quick plz
Ivan

Panama, Panama

#483 Oct 23, 2011
need to replace the C clips that attach the engine oil and tranny fluid to the radiator on my 97 Blazzer 4.3 vortec, cant find this clips here in Panama........anyone have
james adair

Birmingham, AL

#484 Oct 29, 2011
Todd wrote:
fixed at last. Was the crank sensor.
i had a problem sounds just like the same problem you are having and it was the MAF sensor located on top of motor on top of the intake very easy to change and part was only about 35.00 hope that might help you out
chris

Arkansas City, KS

#485 Nov 10, 2011
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
I have the same problem, changed the fuel pump and now it will start if I run gas into the throttle body for a couple of minutes - I guess it gets warm enough where the injectors will take over. then it runs fine and will restart as long as it it is still warm. Once cold I have to "prime " it with gas directly into the throttle body - I run it out of the gas can vent through a 1/4" hose into the throttle body. Seems like the mixture is just not rich enough when its cold. Anyone know if the air charge temperature or coolant temperature sensor is at fault - fuel pump and filter are new. Seems like there are a few of us with the problem - Somebody knows the cuplprit.
these pumps for some on reason only kick on when when the motor is turning over, i just put a fuel pump in my 89 sonoma yesterday and it is almost like the check valve will not close, hard starting it takes about 15 cranks to finally light off i am wondering if it is not a problem with the pumps, of a wiring problem to the pumps, i might just run a power wire to the pump with a toggel switch and just turn it on manualy.
Randy

Gravelbourg, Canada

#486 Dec 30, 2011
Hi I have a 2002 chevy S10 and the odometer has quite working is this a common thing? Its not like the digital lighting is low its all black no digits any sugestions thanks
joe

United States

#487 Jan 28, 2012
I have a 94 sonoma 4x4 ext cab 4.3 tbi motor. It dosent want to run for more then 1 min it spits and sputters. I threw a timing light on it and the timing was all over the place. I checked the distributer and it was fine so i replaced the cap rotor plugs wires and the cam sensor inside the distributer and still no luck. i was told mabe the crank sensor but when i looked into it i found out this truck dont have 1. Any ideas anyone?
Oscar

United States

#488 Feb 9, 2012
have the same problem as Dennis, changed oil and still those have the same problem. What can I do? Is it a sensor problem?
Lawii

Houghton, MI

#489 Mar 12, 2012
Just went out to start my 2000 chevy S10,when it failed to start with the remote starter. when i opened the door there was a rattling behind the glove box and there is no power any where, the only light that comes on is the "check engine soon" light. The battery is less than one year old. any help will be appreciated. It's 9pm where i am and at 9am tomorrow I'm supposed to be on the raod to travel 150 miles for an appointment at VA Clinic. HELP!!!
Ivan

Panama, Panama

#490 Mar 16, 2012
Lawii wrote:
Just went out to start my 2000 chevy S10,when it failed to start with the remote starter. when i opened the door there was a rattling behind the glove box and there is no power any where, the only light that comes on is the "check engine soon" light. The battery is less than one year old. any help will be appreciated. It's 9pm where i am and at 9am tomorrow I'm supposed to be on the raod to travel 150 miles for an appointment at VA Clinic. HELP!!!
Looks like your battery is dead. The rattling sound seems to be one of the turn signal relays that are located behind the glove compartment.
If I was you, replace the battery for a new one
Scott

Weston, WV

#491 Apr 5, 2012
bob wrote:
<quoted text>
To bad you are just low class,That can't even afford a new car foreign or home grown here,you type of people never happy in life,maybe you need to look into your enterself for the answer that you seek in life.
Screw you bob
Wayne

Tallahassee, FL

#492 Aug 20, 2012
I have a 99 Sonoma, when I turn on the signal light during the daytime the headights go out, but at night they stay on has anyone had this problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Starting issues 3 hr Michelle 1
News Enthusiasts, Policymakers Weigh How To Juice El... 11 hr Solarman 1
News Chevrolet Malibu Owners: Problems & Solutions (Jun '06) 18 hr boz 2,869
News Cadillac finally pulls the plug on the Volt-bas... Jul 19 Ray 1
News Authorities search for driver witnessed forcing... Jul 19 USA R0CKS 4
News Toyota Tacoma compact pickup selling like a ful... (Sep '12) Jul 18 Pissed 12
News Electric Car Sales Up Despite Low Gasoline Prices Jul 16 Solarman 1
News If Chevrolet Suburban Won't Start It Could Be S... (Jun '09) Jul 14 VMS 223
More from around the web