03 Venture No Brake Lights
Fanny

Santa Fe Springs, CA

#41 Oct 11, 2007
I have a 2001 Venture...The brake lights are always going out and the circuit boards are not cheap when you have to keep replacing them! The bulbs just keep frying! I also have always had a problem with the passenger window, it won't roll up except from the drivers side switch. Also my car ALWAYS runs very HOT!! Anyone wants to start something with Chevy I'm there!!!
Glen

Portland, OR

#42 Oct 15, 2007
virginia wrote:
Hi I have a 1999 chevy venture van....the drivers window will not roll up correctly....do any of you all have the same problem???? Oh yeah I try opening my sliding door with my key remote and it wont open.
It was working fine all of a sudden it stopped working.
Your imput is much appreciated...
I had the same problem but it also included the switches inside for the door. It happened to me after the power was disconected from the car (new battery). There is a reset procedure in the manual to reactivate your door. Hope this helps.
Glen

Portland, OR

#43 Oct 16, 2007
I had the same problem with my brake lights not working. I fixed my problem by taking apart the assembly, cleaning off the corrosion, I then coated every corroded part with dielectric grease. I then reasembled and applied dielectric grease to each bulb before reinserting them and I also applied it to each electrical connection. One last measure, I coated the outside of the connection where the wires come in with the grease and then I wrapped each wire about 4 inches from the connection up and over the electrical connection to the light, with electrical tape to prevent water from being able to get into the connection at all. This has been working without failure. One last question to anyone else with this problem, the light assembly that failed was the passengerside. The driverside circuit board did not have any corrosion at all. Anyone else have this experience?
Nmacknight

Ocala, FL

#44 Nov 3, 2007
Hi:
I have a chevy venture 2000, gas gauge is broken, as a result I always run out of gas, also the a/c compressor is broken, did I mentioned that i lived in FL. anyone else there with the same problem.
thanks
N
Gerald

United States

#45 Dec 12, 2007
Andy wrote:
I got pulled over today by a cop and found out that both mains don't work but the cyclop does. I've seen several ventures with the same syndrome before and now I've got it. This really sucks!!!
Anyhoo, the fact that both brakelights were out, made me think it couldn't be the bulbs, rather it had to be the fuse. I went to Autozone and saw they now sell these fuses with a little built in LED whenever the fuse is blown in an assorted kit. I figured it was worth the approx 20% premium if it helps me quickly spot the blown-fuse, not to mention helping my clueless wife if ever she is stuck somewhere. While I was at it, I decided to buy a pair of bulbs just in case.
Popping the hood, I find there's no fuse slot for the brake lights. Hmmm, I'm guessing the reason is because of the ABS. I went ahead and replaced all fuses. Tested the brakes, no dice.
Popped one brake light assy & board and changed bulbs. Before reattaching the board, I laid the board inside the cargo bay to see if the B/L would light up. Coulda sworn I saw it light up (night-time) reflect off the rear hatch. Snapped the board back into the lens assy and before screwing the assy back on, tested the brake again.
In reading the comments above, I'm going to have to give the boards and cables a closer look. While I'm at it, I'll have to look at the trailer lights connections as well. I bought a hitch assy from U-Haul and had them install it last summer. Never had a problem, but worth checking just in case.
The only recall I know of is to fix the rightside power door handle/switch. Sounds like there needs to be one for the boards!!!
I found out that the so called circuit board inside the tail light lens needs to be replaced along with the connector that plugs into this lens off the vehicle. The problems arises during wet weather when rain water drips into the connector because of the way it is installed, it is bent over from the top which exposes the wiring to water. I covered the connector with some silicon to seal the connection and prevent water from entering. I have had no more problems.
Jeff

Port Elgin, Canada

#46 Dec 14, 2007
I am not sure if you have solved the rrproblem or not, but I had to say something. The problem is in the light strip itself in the taillight. What happens is the bulb at the top shorts out. You need to replace this strip. About 80.00 canadian and problem solved.
Jamie

Alliance, OH

#47 Dec 15, 2007
I have a piece of s*** 2000 Chevy Venture. My driver side window don't work properly. Taillights don't work at all. I also have fried circuit board with melted connectors. Also, the intake gasket has a leak. GREAT JOB CHEVY!!
Ray

Draper, UT

#48 Dec 16, 2007
Nmacknight wrote:
Hi:
I have a chevy venture 2000, gas gauge is broken, as a result I always run out of gas, also the a/c compressor is broken, did I mentioned that i lived in FL. anyone else there with the same problem.
thanks
N
Ac Comp is borken, you got big probs. I had to replace my AC comp. I ahve a 99 Vent. It runs off your fan belt like your ALt. does, so if your AC comp starts making a ton of noise, get it done. Or your Van will not run. Also it is around $1,000 to $1,500. Good luck
Ray

Draper, UT

#49 Dec 16, 2007
Jamie wrote:
I have a piece of s*** 2000 Chevy Venture. My driver side window don't work properly. Taillights don't work at all. I also have fried circuit board with melted connectors. Also, the intake gasket has a leak. GREAT JOB CHEVY!!
Yeah, I am geting Fed up with my Ventrue as well. I just put 3k into it and it is still giving me problems. I have alot of miles on my Vent. So I am really ahving a hard time (It is paid for as well). UUUGGG....My window is not rolling up right now..I found one of the lil arms inside is bent and out of its track. HOw the flip do I get it backin and bent right so the window will work?
Albert

Canada

#50 Jan 18, 2008
Hi
I had the same problem with the bulbs melting. I replaced both circite boards myself. I cost me about $150.00 for both. I purchase the complete assembly ( lens included ) it was cheaper. It is not that hard to do it yourself, you just need the right screwdriver bits.
Jay

Lexington Park, MD

#51 Jan 23, 2008
I don't believe it has anything to do with the circuit boards. I only have the problem on my drivers side and when I clean up the boards and swap them the problem goes away for a time and then returns only to the drivers side.
jkrist

Omaha, NE

#52 Feb 23, 2008
Had same problem with 99 Olds Silhoutte. Replace the window switch FIRST. Dealer sells for around $70+ NOT CHEAP. Fix our problem. Don't have power slide door so no help there.
virginia wrote:
Hi I have a 1999 chevy venture van....the drivers window will not roll up correctly....do any of you all have the same problem???? Oh yeah I try opening my sliding door with my key remote and it wont open.
It was working fine all of a sudden it stopped working.
Your imput is much appreciated...
GG Montreal Canada

Chicoutimi, Canada

#53 Mar 16, 2008
Chev Venture 2001 Plastic manifold gasket 3rd Failure.....GM response Sorry we do nothing

Tail light Circuit boards 2nd fried GM response "Gee never seen that problem"

A/C condenser 3rd one GM response " your on your own"

Wipers (Front) Transmission/clutch failure 2nd GM dealer "never seen that before"
nick harp

Sun Prairie, WI

#54 May 28, 2008
i got my 2000 chev venture from j d byrider and its a picece of s--t paying 15,000 dollars for it check eng light stays on got it with 120,000 on it when i got it pass side window in front doesnt work right locks doesnt work right van makes alot of noise all the time cant trade it in everyone tells me its not worth anything or i paid too much and they will not take it in chev messed up on this one big time this van sucks big time i feel sorry for anyone who has one good luck
Glen

Portland, OR

#55 Jun 15, 2008
Hey everyone. I recieved a letter about a proposed settlement for owners of some GM vehicles that have had gasket leaks. Here is the website with the information - http://www.dexcoolsettlement.com/
I'm sure I qualify and maybe someone else can use this information. But there is a deadline so hopefully you can get in on it. On a good note, I dumped the P.O.S. Venture and bought a new Toyota. My issues have been solved!!!
Carol

Wilmington, OH

#56 Jun 30, 2008
I have a similar problem we lived in Florida and everything is fine with the ac one day and then on the way to my son's school I noticed a little white smoke from the hood of my 99 vent. And the ac won't work or blow NOTHING! Advance auto said that the ac comp not working is not too bad. They were wrong the belt snapped because the pulley thing locked up and Now We have to get the compressor 463.00!plus labor. And hope that nothing else is damaged, Thanks for that Advance Auto in Saint Cloud Florida! Oh b4 all this the car started running hot and overheating without smoke any ideas?? I already have the right coolant and a new thermostat and water pump oh and the radiator is new!!!HELP
Joe

Trinity, TX

#57 Jul 10, 2008
I have a 2000 Chevrolet Venture Van. My tail light problem started when I had U-Haul put on my trailor hitch and lights. My lights flickered and blinked. Sometimes I had brake lights and sometimes I didn't. I took it back to U-Haul twice. The last time I told them to remove the light kit and took my Van to the dealer. I found I already had a trailor towing package from GM and U-haul had tried to bypass the plug. The Dealer put the correct adaptor on and my tail light and trailor lights work fine. Hope this helps.
Keith

Pontiac, MI

#58 Jul 21, 2008
I have a 2003 Chevy Venture. I had the same problems you mentioned below. Both rear brake lights are out, but the overhead light works. Both bulbs and sockets were replace in Dec of 2006 and are now out again. The zone rep called me on this, but I didn't follow thorugh expecting some lame reason why they wouldn't cover the cost, and why I should pay to have it fixed. I know that the Tread Act is suppose to clamp down on the Auto companies for not repairing safety related items like this, but if I had to fight every complaint I have with corporations today, it would be a full time job. I guess I will have to take this one on.
Tony - Vancouver

Delta, Canada

#59 Sep 1, 2008
I have the exact same problem. Brake light bulb blows on passenger side of 2001 Chevy Venture. I will try your suggestion...
Glen wrote:
I had the same problem with my brake lights not working. I fixed my problem by taking apart the assembly, cleaning off the corrosion, I then coated every corroded part with dielectric grease. I then reasembled and applied dielectric grease to each bulb before reinserting them and I also applied it to each electrical connection. One last measure, I coated the outside of the connection where the wires come in with the grease and then I wrapped each wire about 4 inches from the connection up and over the electrical connection to the light, with electrical tape to prevent water from being able to get into the connection at all. This has been working without failure. One last question to anyone else with this problem, the light assembly that failed was the passengerside. The driverside circuit board did not have any corrosion at all. Anyone else have this experience?
Crystal

Dickinson, ND

#60 Sep 2, 2008
I have a 2001 chevy venture. The brake lights do not work at all. We have replaced the trailer light wiring but the fuse for the brake lights keep blowing. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Venture Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2000 chevy venture wont start (Apr '11) Jun 27 Labeehler 43
My 2001 ventura wont turn over (May '12) Jun 21 Beeg 2
turn signal all bulbs flash and faster when you... (Aug '06) Jun 20 Chevy S 10 4x4 34
Chevy Venture overheating problem (Feb '09) Jun 19 JJT 93
Air in cooling system. Overheating problem. (Mar '08) Jun 15 steve P 55
venture temperature gauge and cooling fans (May '07) Jun 13 mark from nawlins 75
1998 Chevrolet venture transmission (Jun '07) Jun 5 Jtc888 10
More from around the web