1998 Venture Window problems both win...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
frank0067

Woodstock, Canada

#21 Nov 18, 2011
uhh 1998 dont have power windows
and nooone mentioned how to take off the window winder handle
frank0067

Woodstock, Canada

#22 Nov 18, 2011
1998 dont have power windows and noone mentioned how to remove the winding handle
wayne

Sherwood Park, Canada

#23 Jun 20, 2012
Melissa wrote:
Drivers side window if it goes all the way down it comes off the track. When rolling up the window you have to push it to go up straight.
Anyone know about this and how to fix it?
Passenger side window.
If the window goes down even a crack will not go back up!
anyone?
The widow goes off track because bolts holding the rail have come loose. There are two bolts holding the rail on each side,four in total.(#10 bolt head).
You have to remove the inside door panel to get to them.
There are two bolts on the door panel. one near the arm rest that's visible and the other behind the switch box that controls the windows, locks, mirrors. pry that off and the bolt is visible.(#10 bolt head)
use a trim tool or screwdriver to pry off door panel.
You passenger window problem may be a faulty switch. dirty or corrouded terminal.
Ken

Oak Harbor, WA

#24 Jul 5, 2012
I have seen this problem with windows in many GM vehicles regardless of year. I have a 1998 chevy venture and a 1985 silverado. Same problem in both wehicles. A friend had a new silverado that did the same thing by the time it was 2 years old
It seems that GM never did anything to fix the problem.
G-H-MOTA

Mendota, IL

#25 Jan 30, 2013
My Sorry 2003 chevy venture windows won't go down or up...Theres no action in the buttons when I push them. I already had the same problems with my window {driver side} coming off track and having to push it up by hand,I took it to Grebners car dealer and they acted Dumbfounded w/No clue and didn't want to fix it for me Than I took it to Tharps Kar Kare in Kewanee,IL and He fixed it Quickly with no problem and price was Fair. had the use of my windows for a good year and now Both button switches are Dead :( Any suggestions of what it could be??? I thought maybe a Fuse for the windows or something ???
Todd S

Draper, UT

#26 Mar 17, 2013
Thank you very much. This was the fix. I am very happy to be able to drive safely without having to use 2 hands to roll up my driver side window now. I also found a flaw in the design. The right side support arm that holds the bottom window support, is too weak. The flat piece on the right connecting to he scissor point, twists under pressure, causing the right side of the window to drop just a bit when rolling it up. ANother 1/16" of thickness or a crimp in the steel would have prevented that.
Jim wrote:
You will need to take off the door panel on the drivers side. First remove the two bolts one at the door handle and one in the center of the panel. Then remove the switch cover your switches attach to with a butter knife by lightly prying up on cover and then disconnect swithes so you can remove the panel. Pry around the door until plastic clips are free [you will need to replace them before putting panel back on and can be bought at Autozone or etc. Peel the plastic cover with adhesive off [this can be easily put back on as the adhesive will still be sticky. Reinstall the window switch now so you can operate the window with the panel off. Take window down close to the bottom where you can see the metal bar with the arms that raise and lower the window. Lube the bar with vaseline or grease on ends and middle. You will also see a plastic arm that is attached with a bolt that allows that armiture to move freely. Loosen it and move it towards the bottom and tighten [do not over tighten it is plastic. Then try your window. It make take a few times for the bar to get well lubed but you will find your window will work better and faster. Also lube both sides of the weatherstripping on sides of the door and your window should work much better. I can't guarantee your window won't start to go off track but I had the same problem and now my window just kicks out very slightly only at one point but goes right back. Then reinstall making sure your plastic is on, swithces are through the plastic, clips that are broke replaced, 2 bolts back in, switches and cover attached. Thanks hope it helps the headache. It did me. PS as for swithes going out. Do not let any rain water get in while smoking or what not. Propably the reason why people complain about switches going and a window that moves esily is less load on motors and switches.
Richard

Maple Ridge, Canada

#27 Mar 4, 2014
Have a 2001 Venture van. Passenger's power window goes down but not up. Removed panel and replaced window motor. Still no response when switches used. Removed motor again (broke 2 tabs) and found that motor would turn in one direction only and when the switch button was pressed down. Same with driver's switch. Does this mean one of the switches is defective? Any comments or suggestions would be gratefully appreciated. Thank You.
JJW

Beaverton, OR

#28 Jun 13, 2014
Rick wrote:
<quoted text>
I had the same problem and it took me about 15 minutes to fix it. Here is what I did:
1. Pop out the switches with a flat blade screwdriver. Insert under the rear of switches to release the clip.
2. remove the wire plugs from the switches.
3. remove 2 bolts from the door panel: 1 is just under the inside door handle, and the other is under the switch plat ( you can see it when you remove the switch plate).
4. Work your way around the door panel and pop out the "T clips that hold the door panel on.
5. Peel back the plastic weather gaurd so you can get at the track.
6. If it came off track you will see the arm and the post that fits into the track.
7. Remove the little nut that holds on the track, unbend the arm (if its bent) take out the track and slide the post back into it.
8. replace the track with the Arm and post attached, and replace the nut that holds it on.
9. replace door panel in reverse order.
10. total job time for me was 15 minutes, and I am NOT a mechanic.
I have a question...We took ours apart and the clips are broken from the track and window and we can't get the bolts off the window to replace any help???
bullhead732

Beverly Hills, FL

#29 Feb 2, 2015
how do i raise the window on a 1998 chevy venture
Brandon

Kennett, MO

#30 Jul 25, 2015
1999 venture driver side window works fine but passenger window dont work at all cant get it to move or nothing the window worked until i took it to a mechanic to get door panel back on and now nothing wont even work from the driver side think it maybe the switch but really dont know any suggestions

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Venture* Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I own a 2003 Venture Warner Bros. I have a rea... (Mar '08) May 20 VinceC 14
2003 Chevy Venture Stalling (Aug '16) May 16 Nick 3
ECU chevrolet venture 2002 May 6 Peter 1
driver information center (DIC) (Mar '06) Apr '18 Southern 18
transmission stumble, jerking during acceleration (Jun '11) Apr '18 Shuler 7
Severe surge while driving Apr '18 Wally 1
97 Venture will not stay running (Oct '07) Mar '18 Jeff 7