Ignition switch? key won't turn
JDB

Albuquerque, NM

#21 Sep 2, 2010
Got in my 2006 Trailblazer went to start it and the key wouldn't turn. I tried turning the steering wheel and key wouldn't come out. Finally it started then turned off and key wouldn't come out. Finally key came out and AC is still blowing without key.....
iwj

Saint Petersburg, FL

#22 Nov 14, 2010
Get up under the dash and look at the back of the ignition switch. You will see a cable going to the switch, take a small screw driver and depress the tab and unplug the cable. Now see if your key will turn, if not replace the switch.
David wrote:
I'm thinking I need to replace the ignition switch.
Key won't even turn, like it's the wrong key, new key won't work either.
iwj

Saint Petersburg, FL

#23 Nov 14, 2010
I just replaced the switch in my 2003 Chevy Impala, it was a learning experiance. If I have any more problems I will cut the white wire going to the ignition switch passlock sensor. Strip back the black wire, measure the resistance with and ohm meter, place a resistor of that value between the white and black wire. This will bypass the passlock system for the switch.
Eduardo

Caracas, Venezuela

#24 Dec 12, 2010
My trailblazer 2005 the ignition key does not return.
jeeacker

Owings Mills, MD

#25 May 30, 2011
anyone know about a hyndai sonatna? key wont turn. tried everything
lindsay

Powell, OH

#26 Jul 1, 2011
Same thing with my saturn ion, please help key won't turn stuck in park won't even go to neutral
rrsmith

Jacksonville, AR

#27 Jul 9, 2011
Have a 2007 Audi A4 sedan and I can't turn the key in the ignition. I have tried moving the steering wheel but the key still does not turn.
Jenn

United States

#28 Sep 30, 2011
Ben C wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you try turning the steering wheel and then turning the key? On many vehicles, if the steering wheel gets in the locked position, the key won't turn unless you move the steering wheel the few degrees that it's physically able to turn.
Awesome! My key wasn't turning but then I tried this. So glad I have the internet on my phone now, ha! Thanks, Ben!
Crossfire

Dallas, TX

#29 Oct 12, 2011
I have a 2004 crossfire that the key will not turn
Terrance Williams

Springfield, OH

#30 Oct 22, 2011
Hello. My mother has a 2002 Impala. She drove to my house and when she started to leave to go home, she out her key in the ignition and the ignition cylinder would not budge at all. It wil start with the remote starter but still cannot be driven cause you have to have the key in the run position.Anybody have any ideas?
ftwortlibra

Dallas, TX

#31 Oct 24, 2011
I drive a 2004 pontiac grand am ,got home a couple of days ago for lunch .Went in the house for a hour came back out to pice my son up from school and it would not turn .the key for the trunk,doors would not start my car ,it's been in my drive ever since.
Jackorah

Sparta, NJ

#32 Oct 24, 2011
The key doesn't turn in my 2004 Honda pilot what can I do to fix it
TALEMAH WATERS NJ

Canton, MI

#33 Nov 1, 2011
I have a 2000 chrysler sebring my wheel was locked i got it out but when i parked my car again the key wont turn in the ignition i tried everything but nothings working.Please tell me what i can do.
TALEMAH WATERS NJ

Canton, MI

#34 Nov 1, 2011
Can somebody tell me what i can do?
Rych

Denver, CO

#35 Nov 13, 2011
Call a locksmith! Mine stopped working all together, not even factory key worked. Have a locksmith come out - one that works with ignitions. He was out with in the hour and had it fixed in 20 min, same key $170. Good as new. Saved me tow to dealer, plus dealer cost, not to mention time and hassle. If you take it to a shop they can replace the cylinder but the key won't match your doors.
Momof 3

Joliet, IL

#36 Dec 1, 2011
My key wont turn in my 02 trailblazer. My car would not start so I tried to see if it would turn over. it wouldnt. I left my key in the ignition. went to jump the car and it locked my doors with the key in ignition. had to get my car opened with a coat hanger. got it opened, took the keys out to open house. put key back in ignition and now it will not turn. wheel is not locked and the knob on the shifter is locked. Any suggestions. I have tried a new key.
brandon

Pacoima, CA

#37 Jan 2, 2012
nathan wrote:
lol thats funny break the housing you can drill it out to make it release and remove the ignition cylinder and just buy a new one
,...... how do u drill it out
john

Buffalo, NY

#38 Feb 5, 2012
I have a 2000 TC Chryler van ignition key would not turn in ignition. I had to hit the key while it was in the ignition with a rubber mallet then the key would turn the car on.
chester

Hersey, MI

#39 Feb 8, 2012
My key wont turn in the ig, i have an 03 grand am. i tried turning the wheel to unlock it but no luuck. what do i doooo!?!?!?
Melis

Zionhill, PA

#40 Feb 18, 2012
Ben C wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you try turning the steering wheel and then turning the key? On many vehicles, if the steering wheel gets in the locked position, the key won't turn unless you move the steering wheel the few degrees that it's physically able to turn.
This happens to me all the time with my Chevy. It's a 2012 so I shouldn't be having ignition problems. I just tried turning the steering wheel. Worked like a charm. Thank you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet TrailBlazer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2005 trailblazer squealing noise 2 hr djohnson 1
2003 Chev Trailblazer (Jul '06) Jun 25 David 200
Car shuts off when A/C on (Jul '07) Jun 24 Pedro 141
2002 Trailblazer Problems--LOTS !! (Aug '07) Jun 23 josue 48
02 trailblazer a/c problem (May '07) Jun 17 Gotti 112
2005-replace alternator already (Jun '06) Jun 14 Chris 106
05 trailblazer shifter moves, car wont (Apr '13) Jun 12 josecito75 14
More from around the web