2002 trailblazers won't start
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
dennis

United States

#1 Aug 24, 2007
I have 2 2002 trailblazers and they won't start. Whole electrical goes haywire clock reset and then car won't start. Garage has one for three days starts every time. Anyone have this issue. The other one is now being towed for the same reason.
Robbie R

Stamford, CT

#2 Aug 27, 2007
Having the same issue with my 2002 - changed ignition relay and that seemed to do it but beginning to see same issue again. Going to bring it to a reliable mechanic and have him check it. hope it helps. I will report back...
michigan man

Zeeland, MI

#3 Aug 30, 2007
Most likely your ignition switch seems to be a problematic issues with these models, causes: flickering lights, stalls, no starts and many others strange things. thanks and good luck
Big J

Franklin, OH

#4 Sep 4, 2007
The battery wires likely have a bad connection. Try tightening the battery wires(without stripping the threads... be careful!) and then start the vehicle. had the same prob with our '02 Trailblazer
spaceman

Chester, MD

#5 Oct 7, 2007
my 02 trailblazer won't start, can't get key out of ignition. when I put the key in and turned the ignition on, everything working fine; went to start, completely dead, can't rotate key back to off position. anyone have this issue?
madatchevy

Cincinnati, OH

#6 Oct 18, 2007
my '03 trailblazer has some of the same issues. The first sign of trouble was I could not get the key out of the ignition, could not put the car in neutral and no power. I got a neighbor to jump me and it got things going. I had the battery checked and everything was fine with the battery. A couple weeks later I go to start the blazer in the morning and hear a ticking sound when trying to start and the electric went crazy. Even the clock reset itself. After a couple of tries it started up. I am afraid for my wife to drive this thing anywhere as I dont want her stranded....What gives? has chevy acknowledged the problem and ready to help us. I cant afford to get going to the dealership for unknown repairs. last week I had the front bearing assembly replaced and that was almost $500 buckets. geeshhh
thomas

Las Vegas, NV

#7 Oct 24, 2007
02 trailblazer- randomely won't start. dealer has replaced: 2 batteries, starter, selonoid, fan clutch, ignition... no explenation, and problem not solved.?????????
Walter

De Pere, WI

#8 Jan 19, 2008
I have a 2003 Trailblazer that will not start in the cold weather but bring it inside it start every time.
Bill 3147

Waterloo, IA

#9 Jul 28, 2010
2002 trailblazer at random times will not start. radio, lights, A/C power seats, windowns, wipers...all wors after about 20 to 30 times of turning the key on and off it will start...any thing like this ever happend to anyone out there and who might know what causes the problem
umk

Hewitt, NJ

#10 Jul 29, 2010
we just bought a 2002 trailblazer last night.....tan fine started it turned it off then took it for a ride again ev, thing was fine. went in it this am wont start....got battery hecked and its fine...lights, horn etc. working. it will not let me shift it into neutal and the steering wheel does not lock. it's not making any sound when i turn the key. what could it be? does anyone outhere have a clue? thanks for all your imput
umk

Hewitt, NJ

#11 Jul 30, 2010
thanks so much,all
umk

Hewitt, NJ

#12 Jul 31, 2010
wee fixed our trailblazer it was the ignition switch....took all of 20 min. and about 40bux.
Denny

Greensburg, PA

#13 Aug 1, 2010
thomas wrote:
02 trailblazer- randomely won't start. dealer has replaced: 2 batteries, starter, selonoid, fan clutch, ignition... no explenation, and problem not solved.?????????
we just had the same prob! had the battery tested & it was fine, i cleaned the battery terminals, no problems yet (knock on wood)!!!!
Nic Wilson

Oak Park, IL

#14 Dec 8, 2010
this is the best answer on here, thanks man
michigan man wrote:
Most likely your ignition switch seems to be a problematic issues with these models, causes: flickering lights, stalls, no starts and many others strange things. thanks and good luck
2002 trailblazer

Denver, CO

#15 Feb 3, 2011
truck wont start. last few days been -0.0 and below 30 degrees. been running fine, this morning would not start. long story short. able to spray engine start fluid into carberator and starts and runs until spary is exhuausted. could have cold tempature shut down fuel pump or could have gas line froze? don't make sense, since it's been running fine even in -20 degree colorado temp. drove from work last night to garage, this morning would not start, except when spraying engine start spray. thanks for any advice.
RFH

Bozeman, MT

#16 Jun 26, 2011
I have a 2002 trailblazer and it won't start. When I went to start it the first time it was fine but I had to leave and turned it off, so I tried to start it 5 min later and this time it didn't work, it would make a noise like wanting to start but when I hit the gas it wouldn't move or do anything no noise or nothing, just the noise when I turned the key but wouldn't stay on. Any ideas of what the problem is?
BucketsReallyBuc kets

New York, NY

#17 Jul 14, 2011
Hi Madatchevy...I just wanted to ask you who else you know uses the words buckets when referring to dollars. HAHAHAHA
madatchevy wrote:
my '03 trailblazer has some of the same issues. The first sign of trouble was I could not get the key out of the ignition, could not put the car in neutral and no power. I got a neighbor to jump me and it got things going. I had the battery checked and everything was fine with the battery. A couple weeks later I go to start the blazer in the morning and hear a ticking sound when trying to start and the electric went crazy. Even the clock reset itself. After a couple of tries it started up. I am afraid for my wife to drive this thing anywhere as I dont want her stranded....What gives? has chevy acknowledged the problem and ready to help us. I cant afford to get going to the dealership for unknown repairs. last week I had the front bearing assembly replaced and that was almost $500 buckets. geeshhh
kristian

Roseville, MI

#18 Nov 21, 2011
i have a 2002 trailblazer that wont start. the truck started to have the battery die on a few occasions before this i got the truck home went out started the triuck it worked fine then i went out an hour later it wouldnt start i went got a new battery an it wont even turn over everything in the truck comes on but nothing happens when you turn the key i dont know where to start help help
sassymax

Statesboro, GA

#19 Apr 6, 2012
my 02 trailblazer has problems staring also ,after sitting over nite i find that if i turn the key a little to crank it, it will crank sooner but sometimes it takes several trys.. also the airbag symbol stays on all the time and my cd player willnot eject any of my cds.. had the ignition switc replaced but didnot fix the problem ,,replaced the battery still didnt help..
Kenny

United States

#21 Dec 12, 2012
Dont know much about these trucks but you could possibly check the fuel pressure or somewhere in the ignition

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet TrailBlazer* Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2003 Trailblazer dash lights all go on when I s... (Apr '08) 2 hr Donnie 23
2008 chevy trailblazer intermittent no start Thu telemark auto repair 1
2003 Chevy Trailblazer instrument panel malfunc... (Dec '07) Jan 16 Chrisb 82
2003 Chevy Trailblazer will not start (Jul '09) Jan 16 Roman 73
trailblazer just shutting off on me (Jun '07) Jan 13 cwshandyhands 129
. 2003 Chevy trailblazer won't start. Jan 7 Debbie 1
Just cutting off Jan 6 Robert 1
More from around the web