2006 Trailblazer won't start
fernando

San Antonio, TX

#61 Sep 25, 2009
did u check the batttery ?
Peter

Savage, MN

#62 Nov 12, 2009
I am having the same problem, have you found a solution yet?
TRES FROM GA wrote:
i have somewhat the same issue. i have a 06 trailblazer ls and when i turn the ignition on all the power options come on but when i turn the key to the next step to start it it will not turn over. mine is out of warranty 80,000 miles in a year. i have replaced the ignition switch 2 times. i thought this was the issue but no. i ran the ignition switch power wires all the way up to the fuse box under the hood and found that the relays for the starter is not engauging. even if i bypass the relay it still wont start because the ignition is not getting any power. i am still in the process now to find the issue. if anyone has any details please let me know or if i find out what it is i will write again. ps: i forgot to write that i thought it was the security system at first then i shut the system down and it still did not work. if you would like to bypass your alarm to see if that is your issue all you have to do is pull the power window switch from the driver side door and ground out the light green wire that goes to the switch.
Peter

Savage, MN

#63 Nov 12, 2009
I have a 2006 chevy trailblazer 4.2l 4wd. Its my wifes car, see reported to me that she was having trouble starting the car. She said it would start then make a choking sound and die. She would re-start and it would run fine. I started it and did the same this time with the check engine light on. I took it to autozone, two codes for both 02 sensors. The problem starting progressively got worse, now it would start at all. When you turn the key the starter engages engine turns over but the car does not start. Changed o2 sensors and replaced all spark plugs, still doing the same thing. Can anyone suggest anything else?
Tricia

Asotin, WA

#64 Nov 21, 2009
I am having the same problem. The engine is engaging but not cranking up. It also seemed like the ignition had a mind of its own.
Jerry

United States

#65 Nov 23, 2009
Ellie wrote:
Hey All, I have a 2007 Trailblazer and went out this morning and it wouldn't start. The radio, lights, horn, etc. all worked but when you turn the key, the gauge lights all start flashing. It doesn't turn over at all. Thoughts?
If you find the problem please email me [email protected] I have the same problem when its wet outside or even a little cool and damp
Pauline

La Crosse, WI

#66 Nov 27, 2009
LRon wrote:
How bout some more info? What are the symptoms? Is is just dead, or does it crank and not start? Does it try to start? What have you tried so far?
Mine will crank, but will not start? Same problem with starting one day and the next it will not.
JenelleHouston

Katy, TX

#67 Dec 1, 2009
DavidBuffalo NY wrote:
TBlazer will crank, but won't start. After having it towed, it starts fine at the garage. 38k miles, out of warranty so it will not easy to fix... I drove it home, now it won't start again. Anyone having the same problem find a solution?
My 2004 TBlazer has been doing that since the beginning of the year. All of a sudden it will be dead. Nothing happens when the key is turned. We call a tow truck and then it starts. This has happened 6 times this year. We have put in two new batteries, but we really didn't need them, but that's what the mechanic said to do. We take it in to the dealer and it keeps starting and they can't find what is causing it. It is in the shop again this week with no results. I can't depend on it.
Betty Bass Harbor ME

United States

#68 Jan 2, 2010
Peter wrote:
I am having the same problem, have you found a solution yet?
<quoted text>
Thanks to you we found the problem! Went to access the drivers door switches and the switch panel itself had melted.!!!!! Once we unhooked the power switch panel, the vehicle starts, the gauges all work, remote start works!! does anyone know of a recall on this tem; 2006 chevrolet trailblazer. thank you for all your help!
Elizabeth

Mobile, AL

#69 Jan 16, 2010
Hello,
my traiblazer has started not starting. It runs for a week, starts fine during the week, and then after a week, the battery is dead. I get the battery recharged, it works for a week, then the car is dead again. I had the battery and alternator checked, both are fine. It will crank for a few turns, then with each try the cranks get fewer and fewer until finally you can't crank it at all. It's like something is slowly draining the battery over the course of a week. Onstar diagnostics don't pull anything up. Does anyone have any ideas? Any help would be most appreciated. I'm desperate here.
kevin m newport ny

Newport, NY

#70 Jan 19, 2010
i got my problem of my 2006 trailblazer fixed. it was the security system located in the steering colum. the unit was burned out. they replaced that and my ignition switch and it runs and statrs great now.
terds42-2007

Bringhurst, IN

#71 Jan 29, 2010
I have a 2003 TB that will not consistently start. I have checked the starter and appears to be fine. I turn the key, all the lights come on but will not turn over. You can try again a couple minutes later though and can start up. Please Help
Sarah

Asia/Pacific Region

#72 Feb 5, 2010
Elizabeth wrote:
Hello,
my traiblazer has started not starting. It runs for a week, starts fine during the week, and then after a week, the battery is dead. I get the battery recharged, it works for a week, then the car is dead again. I had the battery and alternator checked, both are fine. It will crank for a few turns, then with each try the cranks get fewer and fewer until finally you can't crank it at all. It's like something is slowly draining the battery over the course of a week. Onstar diagnostics don't pull anything up. Does anyone have any ideas? Any help would be most appreciated. I'm desperate here.
Elizabeth: I have a 2003 TB and I'm having the exact same problem!

Occasion 1: Dead battery. Turn the key, clicking, won't turn over...clicking slowly fades to NOTHING. Have it jumped. Drive to Garage #1 - they say battery, alternator, starter - all OK. I figure I just left my lights on or door open..

Occasion 2: Dead battery. Turn the key, clicking, won't turn over...clicking slowly fades to NOTHING. Have it jumped.

Occasion 3: Dead battery. Turn the key, clicking, won't turn over...clicking slowly fades to NOTHING. Have it jumped, take it to Garage #2. They say they can't figure it out but it could be several factors and that next time it dies, just have it towed to garage so they can trouble shoot to start it.

Occasion 4: Same thing - again - I decide to just try replacing battery. Magically, no problems for 6 weeks!

Occasion 5: Same thing, again! And then again a few days later..

Every time it dies, there is no apparent reason - it's very intermittent, I can go only over night or as long as a week or two in between the battery dying.

Does anyone have any input? I'm a woman on my own and don't want to get taken at the shop or pour $1000 into something that ends up not fixing the problem!

All this is going on as well: The fan blower for my heat/ac does not work properly anymore. It intermittently runs and I have no control over when, how much or how warm/cool it blows if I turn it on. I usually just leave it OFF, because if I do turn it on, when the car shuts off I can still hear the fan blowing.

Also, when I have the diagnostics read, it reads codes for the ECM.
gene

Cheyenne, WY

#73 Feb 17, 2010
I am haveing the same problem. If you have any more information please tell me before I start replacing parts. One mechanice said it was the electical behind the tumbler. I have made new keys and still the same. thanks
Rich Burger

United States

#74 Mar 12, 2010
Robbie R wrote:
<quoted text>
Try replacing the belt tensioner - mine did the same thing. Quiet as clam now.
I replaced the belt tensioner and it still whined. replaced the idler pulley and it stopped. Pully bearing was bad. 20 bucks.
MARVIN

White Castle, LA

#75 May 28, 2010
2006 TB engine just kills occasionally while at low speed. engine starts good & runs smooth otherwise. Any answers??
Ryab

Ajax, Canada

#76 Jun 17, 2010
Just bought 2005 trailblazer go to start in morning won't start battery dead. Tried to bost all guages lite up but still won't start. Thought it might be the key, used the second set still won't start. Whats the problem
Lana

Murfreesboro, TN

#77 Jun 18, 2010
I have a 2004 trailblazer 4WD, when it is hot outside and under the hood is hot, my truck will not do anything, lights work,dash gauges work, but will not turn over, don't have this trouble in the winter, only in summer. After cooling down, will start right up. Any suggestions?
SL02TB

Vancouver, WA

#78 Jun 24, 2010
I have a 2002 trailblazer. It starts fine anytime I start it cold, but if I drive it and then go inside a store or something and come out shortly after, it will crank and not start. I can get it started by holding the accelerator pedal completely to the floor while cranking and but then it idles high even after putting it in gear. Anybody else have this problem or any solutions?
PiN06

New York, NY

#79 Jul 13, 2010
@Bryan: What happened when you tested the starter?
Bryan wrote:
MOst common Problem is the ignetion Switch.
I am troubleshooting mine right now. Turn the Key and I hear a click at the starter but it never engages. Either bad starter, Bad ground, Corrosion an cables, or bad ignition swithc. Going to go buy a 12 volt test light and check the starter.
Charmin

United States

#80 Jul 28, 2010
I have a 06 Trailblazer and it sounds like the engine is revving up all the time. It drives fine. The RPM is already at 1 when not moving. husband said the oil was really low, I got an oil change about 30 days ago, thinking they did not fill it all the way up. Anyone have any suggestions as to the problem?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet TrailBlazer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2005 trailblazer squealing noise 2 hr djohnson 1
2003 Chev Trailblazer (Jul '06) Jun 25 David 200
Car shuts off when A/C on (Jul '07) Jun 24 Pedro 141
2002 Trailblazer Problems--LOTS !! (Aug '07) Jun 23 josue 48
02 trailblazer a/c problem (May '07) Jun 17 Gotti 112
2005-replace alternator already (Jun '06) Jun 14 Chris 106
05 trailblazer shifter moves, car wont (Apr '13) Jun 12 josecito75 14
More from around the web