Sheri E

Quitman, MS

#21 Sep 17, 2007
I have a 2004 trailblazer. The whole fan belt assembly is loose. My belt is wearing and squeals. I called the dealership and they say it is probably the water pump...how so???
Curt

Cut Bank, MT

#22 Sep 19, 2007
Pauline wrote:
I have a 2005 t.b. that is whining. The rpm's are
revving. Took it to the dealer, said it's normal. It wasn't doing this before. Told me it could be the alternator, but even if he changed it, being as they are rebuilt. I probably wouldn't see any difference. He looked it over, took it for a test run, charged me $54.00
It whines as soon as you start it up.Can anyone help?
I have 06TB and it whines. The cause is the transmission fluid must reach a certain temp before it shifts normally. The shifting is computer controlled. Hope the dealer checked for "bad codes" in the computer when it was checked out.
Ericajoan

Brisbane, Australia

#23 Sep 20, 2007
DavidBuffalo NY wrote:
TBlazer will crank, but won't start. After having it towed, it starts fine at the garage. 38k miles, out of warranty so it will not easy to fix... I drove it home, now it won't start again. Anyone having the same problem find a solution?
please note that the computer needs at least 10 volts to work if batty is not %100 then it will crank but not start try with jumpers on a second batty
Ericajoan

Brisbane, Australia

#24 Sep 20, 2007
Curt wrote:
<quoted text>
I have 06TB and it whines. The cause is the transmission fluid must reach a certain temp before it shifts normally. The shifting is computer controlled. Hope the dealer checked for "bad codes" in the computer when it was checked out.
transmission whines when oil is cold as it cant get though the filter it usaly needs a service
Ashley

Franklin, TN

#25 Oct 16, 2007
Jennifer wrote:
I have a 2004 Trailblazer pass Warranty but only has 36,900 miles but I am having serious trouble starting my truck. I try to start my truck but instead the guages just go crazy and it wont start at all. Plus I am unable to even shift into nuetral. I was thinking maybe the security system is the cause. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. It even stalled while I was driving too.
I have a 2004 Trailblazer and it is in the shop because it wouldn't start. The dealer told me today that it was the security. This is not the 1st time this has happened to me several times and when the tow truck came to pick it up it would start or if it got to the dealer it would start. Now it is out of warranty and they figure out what the problem is go figure. Of course they tell you they haven't seen this problem before because they want you to pay.
Mike Amerson

Grand Rapids, MI

#26 Dec 13, 2007
My 05' Trailblazer was whining bad at start up and acceleration. Bad bearing in the idler pulley. Cost of part $20, Self-installation $0, not taking it to a Chevy dealer to screw you on service and price....priceless ! Replacing the idler pulley is a 10 minute fix people so don;t take it to a dealer and waste your money. Loosen and drop the belt tensioner. Slide of serpentine belt off the idler pulley. Take the 1 nut of the existing pulley and spin the new idler pulley on. Restrap the serpentine belt and re-torque the belt tensioner back into place. Done....
TECH ADV

AOL

#27 Dec 13, 2007
Ericajoan wrote:
<quoted text>
please note that the computer needs at least 10 volts to work if batty is not %100 then it will crank but not start try with jumpers on a second batty
IF IT IS CRANKING OVER OK-U NEED TO CHECK THE FUEL PRESSER IT TAKS 60 PSI TO START ALSO CHECK FUEL FILTOR AND FOR FUEL CONTAMATION IF OK TURN ON THE KEY AND OBSERVE THE SECURTY LITE IT SHOULD FLASH AND GO OUT IF IT DOSENT GO OUT THEN THERS A PROBLEM IN THE THEFT DETERENT SYSTEM EVEN IF A CODE IS NOD PRESENT THE PCM STORS A HISTERY THAT WILL HELP IN THE DIGNOSTIC CONTACT JOH HOLIND SERVIC
aktx

Dallas, TX

#28 Dec 30, 2007
04 chevy trailblazer. 4 times in last 2 weeks. I try to start the truck and all the gauges jump around and it will not start. It makes no noise just trun the key and nothing. I wait a few min. and it will start.
The other thing is the rpm gauge is going way past 7000rpm. but the car is just idling. any ideas.
Aaron
TX
John

Macon, GA

#29 Jan 4, 2008
I have a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer. On Christmas Eve, it wouldn't start when I was trying to leave work. I got it jumped and went to the parts store. I had a bad battery and a bad alternator. I replaced both of those that night.

Everything worked great until yesterday (1/4/07). My Trailblazer wouldn't crank in the morning. I would turn the key and hear a small click that sounded like it was coming from the fuse box area. All the power options in the car would work expect for the high beam headlights. I had the battery tested and it was okay. I pulled all the fuses and they all looked okay.

I ended up putting the battery back in and hitting the seliond with a broomstick. The Trailblazer then started just fine; however, the ABS and emergency brake lights remained on and the high beams still didn't work.

I disconnected the battery and went to bed. This morning I reconnected the battery and turned the vehicle on just fine. Everything now works - including the high beam lights. The ABS and emergency brake lights are off. I even drove to work and back without difficulty.

I am wondering if I somehow fixed the problem or if this is just going to happen again? I thought maybe it was the ingition switch. Or I guess it could be the starter? But everything seems to be in full working order. I am going to leave it outside overnight and see if it still works in the morning.

Let me know what you think. Thanks!
Jamie Cherriere

Welland, Canada

#30 Jan 18, 2008
seriously, are Trailblazers a piece of crap or what? I just bought a 2003 with 50,000 kms and after ready all these post I'm having some regrets.
John

Macon, GA

#31 Jan 20, 2008
I think if you look up any vehicle you'll find a bunch of posts like this.

My Trailblazer hasn't given me any problems for two weeks now. Let's home that continues.
Ellie

Waterford, PA

#32 Jan 21, 2008
Hey All, I have a 2007 Trailblazer and went out this morning and it wouldn't start. The radio, lights, horn, etc. all worked but when you turn the key, the gauge lights all start flashing. It doesn't turn over at all. Thoughts?
smatlock

Evans, GA

#33 Jan 27, 2008
Tres from Augusta. Did you ever figure out how to solve the issue? My 06 is having the same problem and we're at a loss. Thanks Shannon-Graniteville, SC.

TRES FROM GA wrote:
i have somewhat the same issue. i have a 06 trailblazer ls and when i turn the ignition on all the power options come on but when i turn the key to the next step to start it it will not turn over. mine is out of warranty 80,000 miles in a year. i have replaced the ignition switch 2 times. i thought this was the issue but no. i ran the ignition switch power wires all the way up to the fuse box under the hood and found that the relays for the starter is not engauging. even if i bypass the relay it still wont start because the ignition is not getting any power. i am still in the process now to find the issue. if anyone has any details please let me know or if i find out what it is i will write again. ps: i forgot to write that i thought it was the security system at first then i shut the system down and it still did not work. if you would like to bypass your alarm to see if that is your issue all you have to do is pull the power window switch from the driver side door and ground out the light green wire that goes to the switch.
eddie from fonddulac wi

United States

#34 Mar 2, 2008
I bought my 2005 t blazer 1 year ago with 40000 miles. Just found out my tranny is shot.water leaks in through the tranny dipstick and gets into the tranny.Also my oil pressure gauge doesnt work and my gas gauge always reads empty.What a piece of ----!!!
ice

Port Richey, FL

#35 May 3, 2008
how do you release belt tensioner 2 chancge idle pully
ice

Port Richey, FL

#36 May 3, 2008
my tension release just keeps turning as i am tighting it is there another way or might the bolt be striped on the inside??
cpl720

Peoria, AZ

#37 May 13, 2008
My 06 is now experiencing this no crank problem. And it will not shift from park. Has anyone solved this problem?? All lights, radio, fan, work just fine. And when it does start it's fine, just every now and then, won't even crank
Bryan

United States

#38 May 19, 2008
MOst common Problem is the ignetion Switch.
I am troubleshooting mine right now. Turn the Key and I hear a click at the starter but it never engages. Either bad starter, Bad ground, Corrosion an cables, or bad ignition swithc. Going to go buy a 12 volt test light and check the starter.
Jajscheuerman

United States

#39 Jun 18, 2008
us too our trailblazer which we just bought starts when it feels like it and sometimes the check engine light comes on and sometimes it doesn't its crazy and I would really like to know how to fix this problem
melissa edmonton canada

Canada

#40 Jul 9, 2008
I just had mine fail on me as well 2006 TB, powered everything up but would not start. Still under warranty, thus covered the cost of replacing the ignition switch. Dealership gave me some bull about having remote starter and that the next time they will not cover under warranty....I hope it does not happen again...since only has 18K.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet TrailBlazer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trailblazer - Reducted Engine Power (Aug '06) Sat Ann 20
2002 trailblazers won't start (Aug '07) Sat jim eb 37
2004 trailblazer front end noise (Aug '08) Fri Jay 54
2004 Trailblazer grinding/growling noise when a... (Feb '12) Dec 24 chatty 19
2003 Chevy Trailblazer will not start (Jul '09) Dec 23 zee 44
2003 TB low beam headlights keep going out (Sep '08) Dec 23 dbick 74
2003 trailblazer key is stuck in ignition (Jan '08) Dec 21 bill 43
More from around the web