2005 Tahoe radio problems
Andre

Tallahassee, FL

#44 Nov 16, 2011
I lost my sound in my 2008 tahoe and every now and then the speakers work just fine but now the cd player wont eject my cd's and when i call on-star the sound aint worth two dead flies. i really dont want to mess up how the design of the truck looks for an after market radio but it seems as though thats my only route after reading these post! chevy makes really good cars but the radio quality isn't all that i see.
Mprofant

Atlanta, GA

#45 Dec 15, 2011
Melanie wrote:
Have a 2003 tahoe, 6 disc bose system. CD player stopped playing. There are 6 discs in the system, when you press eject is says there are none. Press load it says the changer is full. Tried disconnecting the battery, came up "initializing" then nothing happened. CD icon is flashing but nothing works. Can anyone help with this?
Does anyone have a solution? Chevy just told me $550 to solve the problem.
Da Kine

Ventura, CA

#46 Dec 18, 2011
Christy wrote:
<quoted text>
Did anyone respond to you? The same thing happened to mine yesterday and we are trying to figure it out.
Your amp is toast....$300 repaired.
stoker

San Angelo, TX

#47 Jan 9, 2012
Hugo wrote:
My Tahoe will not eject any of the 6 CDS that are now permanently in the deck. If anyone has the answer to this problem I'm dying to hear it.
my wifes done the same. Just pull it take it apart. Pull cd' s and leave cd motors unplugged. Wont work anymore. Too many moving parts. And to install aftermarket lije a pioneer or sony. You have to get a SPECIAL adapter that runs around 150$. So i am ordering new factory cd player for radio.
Jeff

Lockport, IL

#48 Jan 16, 2012
Are all you people damn idiots? Do you know how a forum works? You do not keep posting questions as responses to a question. The post or topic is, 2005 Tahoe Radio Problems. The responses should be related to this topic. DO NOT post new questions through it about your 1995 Ford radio, MAKE A NEW POST. It makes it impossible to find what you need. So please either figure out how these things work or just stay off them because your obviously really dumb anyway so no one really needs to hear your input. Thanks and have a splendid day. Vaya con dios. And to answer the question, the cd player is dead and follow "Stoker's" response he got it right.
Tom

Sorrento, FL

#49 Jan 26, 2012
Al-V wrote:
I forgot to mention that you can faintly hear the driver's side speakers, but just barely. But the passenger side speakers are nice and loud and clear.
So has anyone else had this same problem and do you know what can be done about it. When I first received the vehicle I took it into the Chevy garage to have it gone over mechanically. At the same time I told them to check with their computer to see what the radio problem is. They charged me $50.00 to assess the problem and said that the problem was internally in the radio and it would be costly to fix. Does this sound correct to anyone?
TXS
Al-V
Did you find a solution
dennis

United States

#50 Jan 29, 2012
Carla wrote:
We have a 2005 Tahoe w/ factory stereo that includes single disc cd and tape player. For some reason the cd player does not work. It won't even let you insert the whole cd-goes in just about all the way, then the cd player clicks a bunch and you have to pull the cd out of the slot. Also, the lights on the #1 & #2 preset buttons do not work at night. Does anyone know what may be causing this? We just bought it and do not want to already have to buy a new radio! Thanks!
sounds like there is dirt in your track. You need to take it out and send it to a shop
Mike

United States

#51 Feb 19, 2012
What's the reset code? Thanks!
Brian wrote:
Just replaced Tahoe battery and then re-set the radio with the unlock code. Worked fine for a day, but now I have no sound. Replaced both the Radio and the Radio Amplifier fuses to see if that would correct the problem, but it did not.
Short of having to replace the amplifier or the speakers, does anyone have any thoughts?
chaz

Richmond, VA

#52 Feb 23, 2012
Hugo wrote:
My Tahoe will not eject any of the 6 CDS that are now permanently in the deck. If anyone has the answer to this problem I'm dying to hear it.

Take the radio fuse out and put it back in and it will reset the radio/cd code...Should work.
Lois

Laurel, MT

#53 Mar 9, 2012
I have a 2004 Tahoe. My clock keeps resetting to 12 am every time I shut the vehicle off. Any suggestions?
Nikki

San Francisco, CA

#54 Mar 13, 2012
Did anyone ever find a fix to this problem? My '03 Tahoe has the 6 disc Bose system too, and when my son tried to eject a cd today, it stopped working all together and I did get an initializing screen but now it does nothing.
joe

Las Vegas, NV

#55 Apr 26, 2012
did you find out what was wrong cause my wife tahoe is having same problem
Lois wrote:
I have a 2004 Tahoe. My clock keeps resetting to 12 am every time I shut the vehicle off. Any suggestions?
grey 2212

Pittsburg, KS

#56 Apr 27, 2012
Mytahoe wrote:
<quoted text>
I am having the EXACT problems with my 03 Tahoe. I too want some help!!
I have the same trouble with my 03 silverado its the bose speaker system, fadio works fine, cd player nothing, wondering if you found a solution yet?
frank cortlandt mjkanor

Peekskill, NY

#57 Jun 6, 2012
I have 2003 tahoe z71. all functions of radio work and if I use the sound jack output in rear of vehicle
I have sound. but, no sound from regualr speakers.

thanks

frank
Rick

Oakville, WA

#58 Jul 19, 2012
Cyndi Shelton wrote:
I need help my 2005 tahoe has factory radio with cd, casette, onstar with bose speakers everything was fine and today the speakers just stopped working....no warning the radio is showing working, cd player working i can hear the cd maing noise but no sound. can anyhone give me any idea what the heck it could be
Mine just did that today...Go under the hood, right behind the battery there is a black box. The top comes off of it. That is the lid for your fuses. It has a diagram with what each fuse goes to...The radio has 2 15amp fuses. Unplug them see if they are blow and swith them both then plug back in if they aren't blown. Mine just started working again! I think maybe it was a bad connection...lol
Brittany

Redlands, CA

#59 Aug 12, 2012
My 2001 Tahoe's stopped working. It's factory and doesn't turn on. When pressing RECALL the time appears but that is all. Any ideas or suggestions?
Trista

United States

#60 Aug 30, 2012
I have a 01 chevy tahoe that was recently stolen. I got it back, they ripped out the on star in the dash and the black box. Would this cause my radio to not work??? The radio shows its on but has no sound.
Pete Y

Plymouth Meeting, PA

#61 Sep 29, 2012
My 03 tahoe am/fm, single cd and cassette player had the right side speakers blown front and back, installed new one and 3 days later, now the left side just stopped working, is this a radio issue. has anyone had this happen and if so a soluation.
ithacastudent

Ogdensburg, NY

#62 Oct 16, 2012
mark wrote:
i have a 2005 Z71 Tahoe and the rear speakers will not play. factory bose system. what could be the problem?
I have the same problem except with the front Left speaker... took it to an audio guy I know and said a channel on the bose amp could be bad. You find a solution yet?
frank cortlandt manor

Peekskill, NY

#63 Oct 16, 2012
the problem I had with my 2003 Tahoe was that all functions of the radio worked, albeit, no sound. If I plugged headset into rear jack I had sound in headset only.

Finally, I replace the amplifier that is under the center console, after taking the dashboard apart to get to amp.

I now have great sound... CHANGE THE AMP UNDER CONSOLE.

FRANK

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Tahoe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rims and tires Nov 26 Anonymous 1
O4 tahoe Nov 24 Daniel boone 1
Max tire size on 2001 Tahoe, stock suspension (May '07) Nov 21 Jake_h 33
2003 Tahoe.power steering problem (Jun '07) Nov 21 Rubs 105
News GM Expands Recall to Fix Truck, SUV Brakes (Mar '06) Nov 18 BSparky 82
Chevy Tahoe not idling (Sep '06) Nov 18 TahoeMan 51
programming a new ECM Nov '17 brian 1
More from around the web