2004 suburban a/c blows hot air occas...

2004 suburban a/c blows hot air occasionally

Posted in the Chevrolet Suburban Forum

clt25

Charlotte, NC

#1 Jun 16, 2009
2004 suburban. a/c works great.......very cold air. sometimes, though, when driving at highway speed, when let off throttle, begins to blow hot air. driver side only. passenger side stays cold. only way to reset is turn off and restart engine. HELP!
Mario

United States

#2 Jun 27, 2009
/C is now FIXED in my '04 z71 Chevy Suburban!!! My initial problem was at random times the driver side would blow hot air and the passenger side was cold. Eventually, the rear A/C was starting to blow warmer air. I would have to turn the suburban off and back on to correct the problem.

I took it to Bills Half Price Auto in Ft Worth and they were familiar with the problem. The part they replaced was the the BLEND DOOR ACTUATOR ($190), added some freon ($20) and labor 2hrs ($140). Total $350+ tax and fixed the same day. A good deal compared to what other people have paid that didn't fix the problem. Hope this info helps... good luck!
melanie

Clearwater, FL

#3 Nov 25, 2011
My 2004 suburban does the same thing. I will be driving and all of a sudden the 2 driver side vents blow HOT air- I mean super hot like it's coming from the engine. It also resets when I turn the car off and back on. Any suggestions?
lori

Darlington, SC

#4 May 24, 2012
I've got a 04 Chvy Sub Z71 here that we're having the same problem with. We've already replaced the actuator but are still having the same issue. Any suggestions as to what to do?
Inquiry

Ardsley, NY

#5 Jun 29, 2012
Mario wrote:
/C is now FIXED in my '04 z71 Chevy Suburban!!! My initial problem was at random times the driver side would blow hot air and the passenger side was cold. Eventually, the rear A/C was starting to blow warmer air. I would have to turn the suburban off and back on to correct the problem.
I took it to Bills Half Price Auto in Ft Worth and they were familiar with the problem. The part they replaced was the the BLEND DOOR ACTUATOR ($190), added some freon ($20) and labor 2hrs ($140). Total $350+ tax and fixed the same day. A good deal compared to what other people have paid that didn't fix the problem. Hope this info helps... good luck!
Can you give me an invoice# &/or name that bills half price auto can relate to to see if it is the same problem/solution i am having?
Inquiry

Ardsley, NY

#6 Jun 29, 2012
melanie wrote:
My 2004 suburban does the same thing. I will be driving and all of a sudden the 2 driver side vents blow HOT air- I mean super hot like it's coming from the engine. It also resets when I turn the car off and back on. Any suggestions?
Did you get an answer?
Myrtice Beck

United States

#7 Jun 11, 2013
My 04 suburban is doing the same thing,but it blows hot air out of all the vents. Took it to Jay Allan Chevrolet here in Wauchula. Was told the code showed it was the Actuator not closing . Took it in,left it. They called to tell me it was the compressor going bad and it would cost me $1600 instead of $497 ...no I didn't allow them to work on it ..Was very upset that I was told what it was to be told it wasn't ..and almost 3 times the money . HELP ...
Hunttexjmt

Dallas, TX

#8 Jul 12, 2013
Myrtice Beck wrote:
My 04 suburban is doing the same thing,but it blows hot air out of all the vents. Took it to Jay Allan Chevrolet here in Wauchula. Was told the code showed it was the Actuator not closing . Took it in,left it. They called to tell me it was the compressor going bad and it would cost me $1600 instead of $497 ...no I didn't allow them to work on it ..Was very upset that I was told what it was to be told it wasn't ..and almost 3 times the money . HELP ...
Had same problem with mine at 90k miles on it. I took it to a car wash and washed the radiator/ condenser coil carefully so the pressure didn't damage the fins. Fixed the problem and it now has 200k miles on it. Wash it whenever you can.
krish

Edmonton, Canada

#9 Oct 17, 2014
clt25 wrote:
2004 suburban. a/c works great.......very cold air. sometimes, though, when driving at highway speed, when let off throttle, begins to blow hot air. driver side only. passenger side stays cold. only way to reset is turn off and restart engine. HELP!
I was getting the same issue and i have the same vehicle.The problem is the temperature actuator motor on the driver's side is wrong.It's found under the dashboard and it's a $245 part.I just got mine fixed.
MrBrown

Chicago, IL

#10 Feb 28, 2015
04 suburban z71 blows heat out of back vents but warm out of front. Also only blows on high... is this a serious issue to worry about? Lookin.to buy. 176000 miles. 8000 input?
kmulderjr

Sterling, VA

#11 Jul 26, 2016
Try this and see if it works before you spend any money.

ChevyCJ

Greeley, CO

#12 Jul 9, 2017

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Suburban Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2003 Suburban/Tahoe/Sierra Electrical Problems ... (Feb '09) Feb 22 KINGRICH 207
2002 Suburban shuts off (Jun '07) Feb 19 LukeG1579 92
News If Chevrolet Suburban Won't Start It Could Be S... (Jun '09) Feb 5 Terri 278
96 Suburban, 5.7l, 4x4 - Slow Battery Drain (Jan '07) Jan 30 Jim roy 64
transfer case engages but no front torque (Apr '06) Jan 29 LLB 70
multi-function switch electrical problem (Jun '06) Jan 28 Kevrob 213
Hard to start when Engine is Warm/Hot (Aug '07) Jan '18 screaminCmane 35
More from around the web