2002 Chevy Suburban Air conditioner p...
Mike

Cincinnati, OH

#21 Sep 21, 2007
Brent wrote:
Hello Tommy. I have the same suburban and have mine in for repair right now. They are telling me it has to be the actuator since only the driver side is blowing hot while the passenger is blowing cold. Did they ever fix yours?<quoted text>
Ihave on 05 that is doing just the opposite, cold to driver, hot to passenger. Did yours get fixed?
kris

Portland, OR

#22 Sep 22, 2007
very wet cargo area on passenger side 2002 suburban. damp all along pasenger to behind front seat but the way back is soaked. any ideas?
Tim

Toronto, Canada

#23 Sep 25, 2007
Tom wrote:
I have the same problem. Evaporation hose seems to be working. Any other thoughts on how to fix this?
<quoted text>
I am having the SAME leak. Floorboard behind front passenger is staying soaked. Did you get fixed?
Tim

Toronto, Canada

#24 Sep 25, 2007
kris wrote:
very wet cargo area on passenger side 2002 suburban. damp all along pasenger to behind front seat but the way back is soaked. any ideas?
..I'm hearing it is the rear AC drain line. Clogged.
Tommy

Mount Dora, FL

#25 Sep 25, 2007
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>Ihave on 05 that is doing just the opposite, cold to driver, hot to passenger. Did yours get fixed?
You have to stay on top of them- It took a number of trips for the dealership to find the right combination of problems to fix. I found that it was a combination of actuator, reseting of the computer, and part of the front panel.
Just don't give up.
joe

Metter, GA

#26 Oct 5, 2007
My '02 "burb" started making a terrible sound upon acceleration then stopped when at road speed...did this for about a month - we had several out of town trips and too busy to leave it at the dealership - now the AC is not cooling in front or in rear? What could be the problem? Is it a fix at home cure or haul it in to the chev dealer?
Sara

Houston, TX

#27 Oct 5, 2007
I turned off my 2002 Suburban and it continued making a noise. sounds like it is under the vehicle.
Pam

Rockville, MD

#28 Oct 6, 2007
Tommy, I just got my 2004 Suburban back from the dealer for the third time and it is still not working, please let me know what they did to fix yours. Thanks.
Tommy wrote:
Mine is now working (at least for 3 weeks) They repalced the actuators again, changed out the front switching panel and also replaced part of the computer system. Also they had to reprogram. It also now blows colder than ever. Still has the same coolant in it so I feel pretty comfortable that the combination fix has taken care of the problem.
tracey

Baltimore, MD

#30 Oct 8, 2007
mine is doing the same thing, do you know what is wrong with it
Chad

Decatur, GA

#31 Oct 25, 2007
I just received call from Chevy service to replace all A/C actuators because all are reporting failure codes. Total will cost $1419.00 for a 04 Chevy Silverado. I bet GM made a good deal on actuators for that year!
vic

AOL

#32 Oct 28, 2007
Tom wrote:
I have the same problem. Evaporation hose seems to be working. Any other thoughts on how to fix this?
<quoted text>
Check under right rear wheel weld you will see a nipple take it off and a gallon of water will leak out. the nipple was just clogged i just cleaned mine because i had the same problem good luck
LD Round Rock

United States

#33 Nov 12, 2007
Another Suburban AC problem
I have an 03' Suburban with @ 90K on it. The AC has been a nightmare and is currently at the dealer for another (it's fifth) attempted fix. The problem: the recirculation system contantly shuts off. You usually notice it is off because the cockpit initially fills with outside ambient air/smells, the temp initially goes very cold (this is usually when you notice the Recirculation Button "on" light is off), then after a couple mins it really heats up because of the ambient air now entering the cockpit. I've left it off for as long as 10 mins just to see if it will come back on. It never does. I have to continually punch the button to "on" to get the car to maintain it's cool. This happens in both Auto and Manual mode. As I said before, it is in for its fifth visit to the dealer for the same problem. It does seem to happen primarly when the ambient temperature is high. I'm just trying to find out if this a common problem with that year and model AC. I have found info that GM/Chevy stopped using this particular AC system because of massive problems with it. Anyone else have this problem? If so how/where did you get it fixed. Thanks for the help.
Mike Williams

Louisville, KY

#34 Nov 19, 2007
I have a 2004 tahoe Lt with 5.3L. When I turn on the heat it will not get hot in the rear vents.It blows the air temp on the outside.Gets hot up front.The same is true when i turn on the ac.Any one seen this problem? What will fix it?
Tisha

Tucson, AZ

#35 Jan 4, 2008
Rick wrote:
I have a 2002 Suburban that is leaking water from the AC condensate into the middle seat floorboard. Does anyone know where the drain line runs so that I could try to unclog it. Also on this same vehicle the rear air puts out much colder air than the front air does, any ideas on that?
I also have a 2002 suburban with the very same problems, it also runs bad in cold weather with check engine light coming on all the time, it always reads the back o2 sensor but cleaning the MAF helps....do you have any other problems with yours and have you figured out the ac leak yet?
Kristine

Manhattan Beach, CA

#36 Apr 7, 2008
I'm a little late on this post, but I have a 2004 Suburban that also had the blowing hot on the driver's side only.

It took three different mechanics including two different dealers to fix it and three or four trips back to the dealer that did fix it. Not to mention hundreds of dollars.

It was the left temp acuator and then reprogramming.
terrence calgut

Paterson, NJ

#37 May 25, 2008
My 01 suburban's fron fan control only work on setting #3 and up. also the ac does not work. I felt one of the ac lins comming out of the top aluminum tubes and it was cold
Jonathan

Bellflower, CA

#38 May 25, 2008
I have a 01 burb with rear a/c heat. The fan 3 position fan switch quit working. Any body have this problem. Everything else works good.
BUCK

United States

#39 Jun 1, 2008
I looked at several 2004 suburbans before buying. During the test drives 2 of 3 started blowing hot hot air out of passenger side. I bought a different one, and a week later started having the same problem intermitently. Talked to several mechanics, who told me:
1) If you change your battery this messes up the computer, so you may need to have it "re-flashed"
2) Make sure to leave the A/C on "recirculate"
3) Let it run 10 minutes on recirculate and it will correct itself.

I had it re-flashed a week ago. Seems to be working OK now.
Weird!!
Ernest

Norwich, OH

#40 Jun 7, 2008
I have a 2002 Suburban and my question is has anyone had any problems with putting after market wheels on size "22" or "24" If so what were they?
What up grades do I need to make before I put them on?
Rosie

Rock Springs, WY

#41 Jun 10, 2008
Hey my suburban blows hot air out the two front vents and cold air our all rear vents when the a/c is on, Or even when just the vent is set to cold it still blows the front hot most of the time. Any Ideas here?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Suburban Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
multi-function switch electrical problem (Jun '06) 1 hr Dean93 195
water inside vehicle..where is it coming from? (Aug '06) 14 hr bill 107
Track control Fri Joe 2
2003 Suburban/Tahoe/Sierra Electrical Problems ... (Feb '09) Fri TWB 182
96 Suburban, 5.7l, 4x4 - Slow Battery Drain (Jan '07) Jul 28 ccc65 58
2004 suburban a/c blows hot air occasionally (Jun '09) Jul 26 kmulderjr 11
News If Chevrolet Suburban Won't Start It Could Be S... (Jun '09) Jul 24 williejordan 226
More from around the web