Comments
181 - 200 of 296 Comments Last updated Wednesday Aug 20
LJH03

Taylorsville, KY

#183 May 4, 2011
My 2002 Suburban 4x4 has had a loud clicking noise when the AC is engaged. However this past weekend it appears that it's gone out completely, no cooling and no noise. Any ideas?
Danche Fort Worth TX

Lorena, TX

#184 May 12, 2011
I have 2001 suburban AC fuse keeps blowing I can replace and it will work for a few minutes then blow again. It will blow hot air once it blows. any ideas? reply dctnkeller@yahoo.com
Larry

United States

#185 May 12, 2011
I have a 2002 Suburban Z71 the ac was making a clicking noise but that has stopped but so has. the cool. Compressor? I was told that if coolant was low unit would not work, fail safe mode. What's your best guess
Tameika

Gastonia, NC

#186 May 27, 2011
I have a 2002 suburban and last year my family went to Florida and on the way there the air stopped getting cold, so when we got there we got it checked and was told the belt was broken so we had it replaced. When we got back home we noticd every time we stopped or was sitting still it went hot, now it does not get cold at all. What could it be?
DWhite

Dayton, OH

#187 Jun 1, 2011
read through all the posts...all of them.

Have problem with suburban blowing warm through all vents (it is not hot air but seems like ambient temp air). Have front and rear heat/AC controls. Single controls for right and left.
2 summers ago AC started blowing warm in front but still a bit cold in back. Ran some new refrigerant in it. It wasnt really low but still put some in and the level remained in the normal zone. Air blew cold again for a while.

Last summer air was blowing hot again, now this time it was in both front and back. bought another can of refrigerant. Same deal...wasnt really low but put some more in. Air blew cold for about 2 weeks then stopped.

Need help troubleshooting to root.
What I know is that the compressor is spinning as I can see it turning when on. Cant really hear any clicking or anything indicating the system is trying to cool. What else can I check to try and narrow the problem down? i can leave it running with ac set to on and I dont see any condensation on any of the metal lines under the hood. I also checked all the fuses and relay and didnt see any problems. Did the pull ac fuse under hood reset thing and nothing came from that.

checked today at the actuator that is located on passenger side right over the hump. it is turning fine and I see nothing wrong with it.

Thoughts?
chad

Atmore, AL

#188 Jun 5, 2011
I have just replaced compressor and dryer on chevrolet 2002 suburban. The rear vents only blow hot any suggestions?
Tom

Saint Louis, MO

#189 Jun 16, 2011
I have a 2003 Suburban the AC in front works cold on the drivers side but the temp on the passenger side is hot. I am told it is the acuator but there are two. 89018356aux and 89018365. Who know which one it is?
Thanks
astro man

El Paso, TX

#190 Jun 22, 2011
suburbans are small there so big but the third row seat is really small whats up with that. Get an astro van there better for travling. less gas and more space. i have both cars and i like the van better. the suburbans have a problem with fuel pumps ive had mine for 3 years and ive already changed it 5 time wat a waist.
astro man

El Paso, TX

#191 Jun 22, 2011
that is my opinion every body is diffrent
Dwayne

United States

#192 Jun 23, 2011
Im having the same problem with my air conditioner.
It only blows cold when th car is moving and now my car is starting to cut off.Any advice?
Fan clutch

Dallas, TX

#193 Jun 24, 2011
Might check the radiator fan clutch.
bohica

United States

#194 Jun 24, 2011
I have a 03 suburban. The rear ac stopped working. I just get a clicking noise out of the resistor. Blower does not come on. Replaced resistor and blower, checked both front and rear controls, replaced all fuses. I need some help, don't know what else to check.
Robert

United States

#195 Jul 4, 2011
I have a 2001 suburban with a 5.3. Our original a/c pump went out at 130k miles. Mechanics replaced it and the dryer and new orfice. 6m later blowing hot and pump rattling then locks up. Mechanic replaced and 3m same thing only not locked up. Then they replaced with same pump and said Chevy never sized the compressor big enough for the system. The next size pump won't physically fit in same area and said were basically screwed.8 months later same thing. Is he right or we getting screwed by the mechanic.
Flyin-A

Fort Worth, TX

#196 Jul 5, 2011
I replaced our compressor,dryer,and the radiator can clutch and has been working fine for a few years now.

I think the fan clutch started all of the problems.

Look for my post earlier in this thread.

Good luck to all.
Dan

United States

#197 Jul 11, 2011
Jim wrote:
My 1999 Suburban (240,000+,miles) has never had an A/C problem. My wife told me it quit blowing out "cool" air about two weeks ago. The blower works as it's blowing air but the air doesn't seem to be conditioned. Any thoughts before I take it somewhere and have someone tell me I need a whole new A/C system?
Jay H | Feb 23, 2010
I bought a 2005 Sub 2-wheel drive at the end of last summer. Same problem exactly. While driving with the AC on, suddenly the drivers side went extremely hot- as if I had turned on the heater. But the passenger side and rear AC were still blowing cold. Took it back to the dealer I purchased it from & they replaced an actuator (there are two seperate actuators). It's running fine now .... but I am guessing that I'll be replacing another one soon, judging by the responses I am reading here. FYI: if you pull over, turn the car off, then restart with the AC off, the problem does cease for a while.
Fan clutch

Dallas, TX

#198 Jul 13, 2011
Robert wrote:
I have a 2001 suburban with a 5.3. Our original a/c pump went out at 130k miles. Mechanics replaced it and the dryer and new orfice. 6m later blowing hot and pump rattling then locks up. Mechanic replaced and 3m same thing only not locked up. Then they replaced with same pump and said Chevy never sized the compressor big enough for the system. The next size pump won't physically fit in same area and said were basically screwed.8 months later same thing. Is he right or we getting screwed by the mechanic.
Ours has been fine since I replaced it all a couple summers ago.
matthew

Baton Rouge, LA

#199 Jul 14, 2011
joe wrote:
My '02 "burb" started making a terrible sound upon acceleration then stopped when at road speed...did this for about a month - we had several out of town trips and too busy to leave it at the dealership - now the AC is not cooling in front or in rear? What could be the problem? Is it a fix at home cure or haul it in to the chev dealer?
Sounds like the same thing i have on an 03 What did you find out
I belive it is the belt iddler tention on the ac belt making that noise. did you break a belt yet?
matthew

Baton Rouge, LA

#200 Jul 14, 2011
I had same thing on 03 suburban I belive it is the ac belt tention pully making that noise did you break a belt yet I you find out let me know.
matthew
MacArthur

Westerville, OH

#201 Jul 16, 2011
The original belt for the ac compressor was 37.75in. The NAPA replacement was 38.5in. Could the 3/4 inches difference cause the tension pulley chatter?
Francisco

League City, TX

#202 Jul 16, 2011
I have a 2001 suburban ac works but when I run it all of a sudden it doesnt blow cold air no more I press the ac button and nothing happens it only blinks a couple times any suggestions?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Suburban Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
transfer case engages but no front torque (Apr '06) 13 hr Twin 45
If Chevrolet Suburban Won't Start It Could Be S... (Jun '09) 15 hr derrick 129
Message center signals "service front wheel drive" 16 hr W2CQMron 1
Suburban starting problems (Aug '07) Aug 25 Brad 67
multi-function switch electrical problem (Jun '06) Aug 25 scking2170 161
2003 Suburban/Tahoe/Sierra Electrical Problems ... (Feb '09) Aug 19 jlwlks 135
99 suburban brake lights (Apr '08) Aug 12 coreleon 16

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••