gauge cluster-'04 silverado
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Allen

AOL

#1 Nov 8, 2007
I'm having issues with my gauges. Someone told me there was recall on them? Does anyone know anything. Thanks
Justin

United States

#2 Nov 15, 2007
Yeah, I received a recall in the mail, and yes my gauge cluster is messing up bad. I called a chevy dealer and they are refusing to fix it because I have over 70,000 miles on the truck. Personally I'm pretty pissed off that I have to pay out of pocket because GM put out a defective product and they conveniently waited 4 years to put out a recall for it.
Lee

Dacono, CO

#3 Nov 19, 2007
I had the same problem. I did a lot of searching on the internet and found that this is a common problem. You can have it fixed at the dealer for about $800 or you can send it to some people that advertise on the internet and have it fixed for $350, then again you can search Ebay and purchase the mini stepper motor and do it yourself for $7.00 each. My tach and speedometer both went out. I replaced all the guages at one time for less than $50. There are sites that give you full details on how to do the job yourself. Just search for "silverado guages".
Rick

Mesa, AZ

#5 Dec 2, 2007
I just got a letter in the mail saying that this was covered for 8 years or 80000 miles even though my warrenty had expired.
Sheri

United States

#6 Jan 7, 2008
Lee wrote:
I had the same problem. I did a lot of searching on the internet and found that this is a common problem. You can have it fixed at the dealer for about $800 or you can send it to some people that advertise on the internet and have it fixed for $350, then again you can search Ebay and purchase the mini stepper motor and do it yourself for $7.00 each. My tach and speedometer both went out. I replaced all the guages at one time for less than $50. There are sites that give you full details on how to do the job yourself. Just search for "silverado guages".
How did you find it on ebay?
Cody

Enid, OK

#7 Jan 30, 2008
i am having the same problem with my 04 chevy my gauges go wacko and give me random readings
Troy

Oconomowoc, WI

#8 Feb 19, 2008
Have 04 chevy silverado with the battery light dimmly lit at all times, even when truck is off. Alternator and battery tested ok. When key is first turned on, battery light very bright, then goes to a dim "mode". ANY IDEAS WHAT THIS COULD BE???? HELP????
bud

Miamisburg, OH

#9 Feb 25, 2008
Rick wrote:
I just got a letter in the mail saying that this was covered for 8 years or 80000 miles even though my warrenty had expired.
I would like a copy of your letter since I did not get one
Mike Robertson

Mcgaheysville, VA

#10 Dec 21, 2008
Rick wrote:
Could you please forward me a copy of the letter. I am going to the chevy dealer and they wont fix my guages because Im over 70,000 miles Thanks Mike
JULIE

Pellston, MI

#11 Jan 6, 2009
Yep, spend that kind of money on a vehicle, then
they fall apart, um, maybe we should ask congress
for a bail out plan to make them fix it...
Kerry J

Woodland, CA

#12 Jan 19, 2009
Rick wrote:
Do you have a copy of that letter still? I have a truck w/ 74k miles on it and of course my letter states 70k. Conveniently, for GM the gauges lasted until after the 70k mark.
gonzo military mechanic

Sedalia, MO

#13 Jan 26, 2009
Troy wrote:
Have 04 chevy silverado with the battery light dimmly lit at all times, even when truck is off. Alternator and battery tested ok. When key is first turned on, battery light very bright, then goes to a dim "mode". ANY IDEAS WHAT THIS COULD BE???? HELP????
if you havent found out its probably your bulb behind the gauge face its really expensive to fix it so i suggest if you alternator and battery are good leave or get a new face or cluster also just to make sure get with a shop that has a computer and hook it up to you tuck to check completly
John

Huntsville, AL

#14 Feb 4, 2009
After the cluster was replaced my fuel gauge still sticks to full, I took it to the dealership and they inspected the cluster I was told "theres nothing wrong with it it's fine". I need some answers is it the cluster or my fuel gauge or my fuel pump. HELP need answers
Paul Round Rock Texas

Bastrop, TX

#15 Mar 21, 2009
I also have a 04 Silverado with a 4.8 V8, After the engine was replaced at 84K miles I started noticing the hr meter would reset itself to 0 on occasion. The Odometer and trip Odometer seem to be unaffected. Was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what if anything you were able to find out on why it happens? When I mentioned this to the service rep at my local Chevrolet dealer he told me that he had never heard of this happening.
Ray

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#16 Mar 31, 2009
I have an 04 silverado, the guage cluster went whacko yesterday morning. I called the dealership (Allen Samuels Waco), talked to Tim Dowdle Service advisor. He told me as long as the truck had less than 70000 miles on it it would be fixed under warranty. I took the truck in today 3/31/09. They retrived some numbers from it, told me they would call when parts came in (possibly Fri.) for me to bring it in and it would take about 1-1/2 hrs to do.
Sue

Tampa, FL

#17 Apr 14, 2009
Does anyone know where to get an aftermarket clusters? The only one working on my truck is the fuel.
Thx
anna

Lancaster, SC

#18 May 6, 2009
Allen wrote:
I'm having issues with my gauges. Someone told me there was recall on them? Does anyone know anything. Thanks
if you dont wanna do the work yourself and you dont have alot of money go to your local tech school and have them do it. it will save you alot of money cause you only have to pay for the parts not labor.
Eddie

Spring, TX

#19 Jul 11, 2009
John wrote:
After the cluster was replaced my fuel gauge still sticks to full, I took it to the dealership and they inspected the cluster I was told "theres nothing wrong with it it's fine". I need some answers is it the cluster or my fuel gauge or my fuel pump. HELP need answers
. Your floater thats ur fuel level sensor prolly has trash or gunk stuck under it keeping it open giving u a full reading
Eddie

Spring, TX

#20 Jul 11, 2009
And dsont take ur vehicle to a tech school ur just askin for problems... I Jus graduated from one there is sum goofy kids out there
joseph tate

Ozark, AR

#22 Jul 24, 2009
Allen wrote:
i had the same thing so got a new cluster off ebay for 85.00.it took about 10 minutes to install and yes they should fix but they want,also your ac will to start to act up,it will not blow ,so don't look at air cabin thay do not have one,it will be your air restister,the plug that goes to the blower.but better to get the whole cluster

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Silverado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Motor replacement Jan 13 A-man 1
2007 Silverado Crew Cab wont start. possible s... (Nov '09) Jan 10 sonny 15
2007 Chevrolet Silverado won't start (Sep '11) Jan 3 Jon 77
1991 z71 problems with gauges Dec 27 Z71 junkie 1
electrical problem on 1992 Chevy silverado... (Jan '08) Dec 27 Z71 junkie 156
2007 Chevy Silverado Problems (Sep '11) Dec 27 Weaver211531 5
help! Dec 22 Frank 1
More from around the web