Shhh! Quieter GM H.D. pickups get 38-...

Shhh! Quieter GM H.D. pickups get 38-hp boost

There are 4 comments on the USA Today story from Oct 9, 2013, titled Shhh! Quieter GM H.D. pickups get 38-hp boost. In it, USA Today reports that:

General Motors has boosted the horsepower rating of the gasoline V-8 in its heaviest-duty pickups after discovering they are quiet enough to pass federal noise regulations under hard throttle.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

glox

Cicero, IL

#1 Oct 10, 2013
To many problems with these pickups.....I purchased the TRD Turbo Tundra V8...550HP and 501ft of torque.....sweet!!!!!And the best thing, its NOT a domestic product!!!!!!!Its not a V6 direct injection, I mean turbo V6.......LOL!

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#3 Oct 31, 2013
glox wrote:
To many problems with these pickups.....I purchased the TRD Turbo Tundra V8...550HP and 501ft of torque.....sweet!!!!!And the best thing, its NOT a domestic product!!!!!!!Its not a V6 direct injection, I mean turbo V6.......LOL!
Lieing turns me on.
I love Tundras, but the only way you would get that horsepower and torque, would be to drop a Ram, Chevy or Ford motor in the Tundra.:)
lol
sweety

Since: Apr 07

ridgefarm Il

#4 Nov 1, 2013
I'm waiting for the ram 1500 with the 3 litre diesel. It'll get 30 mpg on the highway. It'll force GM and Ford to put small diesels in their half tons as well.
glox

Springfield, IL

#6 Mar 7, 2014
Gaybychoice wrote:
<quoted text>
Lieing turns me on.
I love Tundras, but the only way you would get that horsepower and torque, would be to drop a Ram, Chevy or Ford motor in the Tundra.:)
lol
sweety
Clueless.....Yes! The Turbo Tundra has no equal....not any direct injection, eco bust ford Rupture or GM or chevy.....not even close. Again, the Turdo Tundra has proven 501 ft torq and 550 HP..........AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! The dumeastics can lie...ignition switches......OUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GM bi-fuel pickups (Mar '12) Mar '12 Trucking 1
News SEMA 2010: Chevrolet Silverado HD offers rugged... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Self-Repair Flunky 1
More from around the web