Interior Fan quit working on speed 1 ...

Interior Fan quit working on speed 1 and 2

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tom

Duluth, MN

#1 Nov 8, 2007
The fan quit working on speeds 1 and 2, but keeps on working on the rest(3, 4, and 5)
Jimbo

New York, NY

#2 Nov 12, 2007
Fan Resistor bolck needs to be replaced. The high speed will continue to work because it does not pass thru the resistor.
TAP_ Pa

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Nov 28, 2007
My fan is doing the same - speed settings 1,2&3 do not work. Where is the Fan Resistor Block located?
bill

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Nov 29, 2007
I had the problem on my 2002 blazer a few years back. It turned out to be a vacuum tube that came loose.
fbarron

Baytown, TX

#5 Nov 30, 2007
TAP_ Pa wrote:
My fan is doing the same - speed settings 1,2&3 do not work. Where is the Fan Resistor Block located?
The resistor block on my 2003 Silverado is above the leg area for the front passenger. It was obviously bad because of the burned components on the resistors. You have to remove a plastic pan under the blower unit to get to it. 2or 3 small bolts aimed straight up secure that pan to the underside of the blower. It extends to above the hump over the transmission. After you remove the plastic pan, just folow the 4 or 5 wire harness to the unit and remove the 2 screws that hold it in the blower cowl. The replacement part is different than the OE replacement (hopefully it's a better design) and you kinda have to twist the wiring harness to reconnect it to the new one because the pin orientation is different. It costs about $50 or $60, but it worked fine. Reinstalling that bolt above the hump is a booger for a fat boy.
JMB

Ottawa, Canada

#6 Dec 4, 2007
2002 Silverado - Heater Fan - No High Speed (#5)

Fan Dial left on High overnight - Freezing Cold - On start-up in am, drove half a block & then smelled 'burnt toast'- noticed no fan sound - fan works on settings 1-4 but not on high.

Is there a fuse to check or have I blown the Relay?

Many thanks!

..John
Jeffro

Kennewick, WA

#7 Jan 11, 2008
Jimbo wrote:
Fan Resistor bolck needs to be replaced. The high speed will continue to work because it does not pass thru the resistor.
I replaced the resistor on my 1995 chevy k1500 and the first 3 fans work but my high speed blower fan setting quite working. The high speed worked only when I had the bad resistor in. I then replaced the blower relay and it didnt help. I can hear a click in the relay box when I put it on high but the fan doesnt run. I checked all fuses and they are ok. Can somebody help me. I am lost!!
Jeffro

Kennewick, WA

#8 Jan 11, 2008
The blower sensor they sold me was defective. I spent a day trying to figure it out and almost gave up. "NEVER ASSUME THAT THE NEW PART WILL WORK PERFECT" I learned this lesson today the hard way. Also, why is Chevy knowingly putting a poorly designed product on the market? The guy that sold me the part told me that his store is making a fortune off these sensors. He can barely keep them stocked he said. He said Chevrelet is keeping his store in business and laughed at me. Anyway, problem fixed for now! I am going import next time. Sorry guys but I just dont have time for this anymre!
Steve Houston

Baytown, TX

#9 Jan 13, 2008
The 7-8 pin connector at the sensor is a piece of junk... I need to remove it, wired directly to the sensor...
Big Daddy MO

Lees Summit, MO

#10 May 23, 2010
I have a 2003 Silverado 1500 ext cab 5.3L truck. I went to replace the resistor in my truck and no one seemed to carry a replacement for the 2 screw mounting bracket one that i had. I did find out after about 3 hours of trying to find the part that the 4-hole not the 2 will fit without the factory holder put back on. Just an FYI.
Len

Windsor, Canada

#11 Oct 10, 2010
on the heater box is a switch with a five or six wire plug in. It is held in place by two small screws.It has two wires going to the fan motor.Go to the dealer and get a replacement.The switch has what looks like a printed circuit on it.It is planned obselecence the new one won t last too long either too much moisture in the heater box!! You can jump the switch(one speed) or replace it with universal external resistance switch.
Don - Hawaii

Makawao, HI

#12 Jul 19, 2011
i recently replaced my resistor switch in my silverado. i noticed the 7-8 pin connector (female part)looked as if the previous switch melted part of the (receptor?). Not all holes but a couple.reluctantly i installed the new switch, all seemed fine on all speeds 1-5. Then within a week the number 5 speed failed. could this be due to the semi-melted harness? i have not checked fuses yet but will do next. Mahalos
Dan

Hudson, NY

#13 Jul 31, 2012
Jeffro wrote:
The blower sensor they sold me was defective. I spent a day trying to figure it out and almost gave up. "NEVER ASSUME THAT THE NEW PART WILL WORK PERFECT" I learned this lesson today the hard way. Also, why is Chevy knowingly putting a poorly designed product on the market? The guy that sold me the part told me that his store is making a fortune off these sensors. He can barely keep them stocked he said. He said Chevrelet is keeping his store in business and laughed at me. Anyway, problem fixed for now! I am going import next time. Sorry guys but I just dont have time for this anymre!
Does anyone know where the resister block is located on a Chevy 1998 1500 van ?
matt

Canada

#15 Nov 14, 2013
my fan only works on high speed and my heat only works when it wants to. it does work more often then it doesnt though. could this be a wiring problem or something to do with the fuses. 1995 silverado z71
mike

Findlay, OH

#16 Jun 6, 2014
I have a 99 Sierra and I just replaced the resistor for the blower motor, but the fan still won't work on high!! Can anyone tell me what else it might be???
wayne archer

Baltimore, MD

#17 Mar 13, 2015
I have a 2003silverado i replace the resister and climate control system and i still can't get the fan to blow need help
Carl

Mount Pleasant, SC

#18 Aug 2, 2015
I have a 2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD. The ac/heater fan works on positions 1-4, but 5 does not work. I have checked fuses, and they seem to be fine. I can't seem to find anyone that has had this problem. Any help would be appreciated.
RPorter

Wayland, MA

#19 Aug 24, 2015
Fan blows strong then quits after 30 minutes.
Robert

Benson, NC

#20 Nov 20, 2015
I have a 2001 chevy silverado my fan only works on 3,4,5, 1&2 does not work, could there be a short in the fan motor, or in the wiring ,also getting a service engine light, and how can a person check out if the motor has a short in it ? any help on this would be greatly appreciated
Steve

Mountain View, CA

#21 Feb 20, 2016
I have a 1997 Chevy Silverado anyone know where the fuse for the ac blower is?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2007 Sliverado Transmission Shifting issues (Jan '12) Sep 17 Danny 30
2001 Chevy 4-4 Auto Sep 14 MikieC 1
2001 Chevy Silverado Transmission (Oct '07) Sep 13 Talk to me 151
2003 Chevrolet Silverado - Reduced Engine Power (Nov '07) Sep 13 Swaglikmine72 504
2007 Chev Silverado Air Bag Module (Mar '09) Sep 9 Melbechevy 14
trailer tails do not work Sep 6 Rattrizity 1
Heater AC electrical problem 1995 1500 Chevy (Nov '07) Sep 4 Joyknott 68
More from around the web