2007 Sliverado Transmission Shifting ...

2007 Sliverado Transmission Shifting issues

MikeA

Franklin, TN

#1 Jan 26, 2012
I absolutely love this truck. However, it has less than 50K miles and at times the trnsmission feels like it wants to fall out of it! When I'm stopped at a red light, sometimes it shifts VERY HARD that I feel the THUD from the shift. This often happens after having been stopped a period of time. Other times, it slips when turning a corning after letting off the gas and then accelerating around the corner. Now to make matters worse, it is beginning to burn about 2 quarts of oil between changes.(NOTE: CHEVY DEALER SAID THIS WAS NORMAL!! HA HA). Any ideas about the transmission issues would be greatly appreciated!
craig

Alliston, Canada

#2 Mar 3, 2012
not sure what to say about the oil thing but the thump sounds like the slip yoke witch is a pretty big problem with this model (google it) or a bad shift solenoid.
hope this helps.
Travis

Muscatine, IA

#3 Aug 22, 2012
I have a 2007 silverado and bought it with around 50,000 miles. I didnt even get 3000 miles on it and the low engine oil light came on. They said it was common and had to track my oil consumption then they but an oil defelctor in it and decarb the engine. It still burned oil so they put new pistons and rings in it under warranty for me and fixed the oil issue. Mine also has the same transmission problems and had it in to the dealer numorous times and they will not fix it because they can't duplicate it when its in.
BIG AL

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Oct 31, 2012
I ALSO HAVE A 2001 1500, I HAD THE TRANS. REBUILT AT 58,000mi. AND NOW I HAVE 115,000 AND THE TRANS. IS ON IT'S WAY OUT AGAIN. IT DOES THE SAME THING WHEN I STOP IT SHIFTS WHEN I AM SITTING STILL AND MAKES A LOUD BANG, SOUNDS LIKE IT IS GOING TO FALL OUT OF THE TRUCK. ANYHOW IT IS A PILE OF CRAP TRANSMISSION AND I THINK CHEVROLET NEEDS TO GET THEIR S--T TOGETHER AND FIX THESE TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS.I HAD THE TRANS IN MY WIFES 2001 ASTRO REBUILT AT 62,000mi. AND TRADED IT IN ON A FORD EDGE, I MAY BE LOOKING AT FORD TRUCKS IF THIS CONTINUES.
eric

San Pedro, CA

#5 Nov 12, 2013
I had the same problem on my 2007 Silverado 1500 LT
i bought it with 0 miles now its has 55,000 miles and my first gear shifts really hard all the time I stop, I made a tune-up and put lucas oil for hard shifts and it stop the problem cause i took it to the dealer alot of time and they told me that it was fine alot.
machinist mike

United States

#6 Feb 18, 2014
I had the same problem on my 07 silverado. There is a recall for a defective slip yoke on transmission tail end. Had mine replaced and no more clunks at red lights.
Ron

Castro Valley, CA

#7 Feb 25, 2014
Where is the
recall for a defective slip yoke on transmission tail end. Had mine replaced and no more clunks at red lights.
edward-b

Milledgeville, GA

#8 Apr 20, 2014
I have a 2013 chevy silverado with 8,000 plus miles when it parked and i turn the ignition thr truck lunges like it wants to take off ...but it in park.
david

United States

#9 May 17, 2014
my 2007 Chevy Silverado doesn't shift into drive immediatelythen there's a vibration just before shifting into a higher gear as I'm going up through the gears
richard

Richardson, TX

#10 Jul 30, 2014
My 2007 Silverado Z71 won't shift to second until you reach 3000 rpm and won't shift to third after that. any ideas?
Eric

Lowell, MA

#11 Aug 24, 2014
richard wrote:
My 2007 Silverado Z71 won't shift to second until you reach 3000 rpm and won't shift to third after that. any ideas?
Mine is doing same thing right now where u able to fix it
Slim

United States

#13 Dec 28, 2014
My 07 Silverado want drive in the "D" but will drive gear 123 what is this problem coming from? I checked the tramission fluid it was low but I fill it back up. Any ideal what I need to do?
Gar 0U812

Phoenix, AZ

#14 Feb 5, 2015
My 07 silverado wont drive in drive or third, it suddenly quit while on fast lane on freeway , i heard a clunk and that was it , all most caused a accident, Dont know why these chevy dealer dont tell u the truth about the defective product whick is their chevy trucks before u purchased them, I read about a recall, yet not found one. Need help finding a cheap trans for a bad product. Devil Dog
Preston

United States

#15 Mar 29, 2015
My 07 crew cab 1500 Silverado 4.8 just lost 2 and overdrive. 98,000 miles. I put 70,000 of that on the truck. Never once had a problem with the truck at all. All of the sudden lost gears? Any information would be appreciated
Jaikicker

Pasadena, MD

#16 May 24, 2015
Gar 0U812 wrote:
My 07 silverado wont drive in drive or third, it suddenly quit while on fast lane on freeway , i heard a clunk and that was it , all most caused a accident, Dont know why these chevy dealer dont tell u the truth about the defective product whick is their chevy trucks before u purchased them, I read about a recall, yet not found one. Need help finding a cheap trans for a bad product. Devil Dog
I have an 07 Silverado 1500 with just 33,000 miles on it. I was driving up I-95 and heard a loud bang from beneath me. I lost drive gear and began pulling to exit ramp. I downshifted to 3rd and heard another loud bang and then 3rd was gone. I coasted off and to a gas station where I waited for a tow truck to take me to a dealership. They are quoting me $3,500 to replace with a new transmission. What was the outcome of your experience?
Bagger Butch

Plainfield, IL

#17 Sunday Jun 7
i have a 2007 chevy pu and atabout 40 t0 70 it feels like its keeps shfting back and forth HELP PLS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Backup Camera Install (May '07) Jun 28 Chevyking22 30
2010 Rough idle, no engine light or codes (Aug '10) Jun 21 kevlinzhill 28
Heater AC electrical problem 1995 1500 Chevy (Nov '07) Jun 20 Brian 45
turn ac on it blows hot air Jun 20 chris 1
2003 Chevrolet Silverado - Reduced Engine Power (Nov '07) Jun 12 Dewayne 462
Silverado 5.3 hard starting when hot. (Mar '12) Jun 11 Flip 9
Shift arm problems Jun 8 2000chev 1
More from around the web