Texan with roots in Tenn. takes over ...

Texan with roots in Tenn. takes over Chevrolet of Morristown

There are 19 comments on the Newport Plain Talk story from Apr 17, 2010, titled Texan with roots in Tenn. takes over Chevrolet of Morristown. In it, Newport Plain Talk reports that:

Greeneville/Newport businessman Kent Bewley made it official on Monday by completing the papers for the sale of the former Morristown Chevrolet dealership to a former Texan now living in East Tennessee.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newport Plain Talk.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#1 Apr 17, 2010
And why do we have to read about this in the Newport Plain Talk? Doesn't Morristown have its own paper, the Citizen Baboon, err I mean, Tribune???
Bluto

Morristown, TN

#2 Apr 17, 2010
The Citizen Tribune ceased to be a viable news source years ago. It is really sad to see what it has become.
dont

Morristown, TN

#3 Apr 17, 2010
Who gives a flying frick whoo took over the Government Motors store!
wheres waldo

United States

#4 Apr 20, 2010
The newspaper says that all of the great employees are still there, but I think there are quite a few of them missing....
rob

Waterloo, Canada

#5 Apr 20, 2010
dont wrote:
Who gives a flying frick whoo took over the Government Motors store!
Have that attitude and the government will take you over! Better watch it. My comment is not all too far fetched!
anyhow

Morristown, TN

#6 Apr 20, 2010
wheres waldo wrote:
The newspaper says that all of the great employees are still there, but I think there are quite a few of them missing....
He starts off on a good foot...with a LIE!!!!
Dingle Nutz

Waterloo, Canada

#7 Apr 20, 2010
Why is Kent Bewely selling off his dealerships?
didnt buy one

Morristown, TN

#8 Apr 20, 2010
The owner has his 18 year old son selling cars there...all the brat wants to do is play his crappy homemade rap music for you.

I tried to buy a car there and all this "I am the owners son" could talk about was himself.
JOHN LEFT

United States

#9 Apr 21, 2010
didnt buy one wrote:
The owner has his 18 year old son selling cars there...all the brat wants to do is play his crappy homemade rap music for you.
I tried to buy a car there and all this "I am the owners son" could talk about was himself.
PEOPLE ARE FULL OF HATE THESE DAYS.... BUT YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY.... OBVIOUSLY THEYRE DOIN SOMETHING RIGHT BECAUSE THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE TALKING ABOUT THEM.. GOD BLESS AMERICA.
GM Employee

United States

#10 Apr 21, 2010
dont wrote:
Who gives a flying frick whoo took over the Government Motors store!
GM paid off the government in full yesterday....5 years early! Have you paid anything off early?
guess

Morristown, TN

#11 Apr 21, 2010
JOHN LEFT wrote:
<quoted text>
PEOPLE ARE FULL OF HATE THESE DAYS.... BUT YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY.... OBVIOUSLY THEYRE DOIN SOMETHING RIGHT BECAUSE THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE TALKING ABOUT THEM.. GOD BLESS AMERICA.
Guess thats why you no linger work there!!!!
Freedom lost

Newport, TN

#12 Apr 22, 2010
GM Employee wrote:
<quoted text>
GM paid off the government in full yesterday....5 years early! Have you paid anything off early?

GM used our money from another TARP loan recieved from the government. So, technically they didn't pay off the loan they just shuffled the debt on the backs/wallet of us.
texas haha

Flovilla, GA

#13 Jul 20, 2011
This man's ego is the size of Texas. Terrible business.
Texas Farts

Houston, TX

#14 Aug 8, 2011
Hopefully it wasnt sold to GW, he would invade the Morristown Chevrolet dealership looking for mufflers of mass destruction
Worker

Kingston Springs, TN

#15 Aug 8, 2011
Phil and Myron still own the GM dealership and John Bernard will be working at the newer one. The new manager seems like a nice guy. They've added a few new salespeople. Anything else?
insaneclown

Johnson City, TN

#16 Aug 8, 2011
Worker wrote:
Phil and Myron still own the GM dealership and John Bernard will be working at the newer one. The new manager seems like a nice guy. They've added a few new salespeople. Anything else?
they have bought a 50 grand down draft heated paint booth and goods to go with it,all the buttons and switches and soon the bodyshop will be full bore
delilah

Livingston, TN

#17 Aug 28, 2011
G.M....STOLE ...THE...RETIREES...PENSION... BORROWED...FROM...THE...GOVERN MENT...AND...PAID...THEM...BAC K...WITH...OUR...BENEFITS...AN D...OUR...MONEY...tell this dealer I'll get my car from China where G.M. sent the AMERICAN jobs....Delilah

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#18 Mar 21, 2012
I was there Saturday test driving a new Silverado while they were servicing my old truck. Very nice guys, and helpful to me. I'll be going back when I'm ready to buy.
-Fred
cash king

Elizabethton, TN

#20 Apr 11, 2012
Myron owns nothing. he is just a chrony. Myron is a wish I was a phil Bachman wannabe. Loser!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Malibu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chevrolet Malibu Owners: Problems & Solutions (Jun '06) Apr 30 Arishin 2,951
Engine Power Reduced Feb '18 Eltonhp 1
03 tail light issue Feb '18 Thrilly 1
Dead Battery in 2009 Malibu (Dec '09) Feb '18 Jannie Miller 22
Reply Jan '18 Ihatechevys64 1
What do you think about your 2005 Malibu (Oct '06) Dec '17 Chevy number one 86
Traction control Dec '17 R8der 1