Chevrolet Malibu Owners: Problems & S...

Chevrolet Malibu Owners: Problems & Solutions

There are 2943 comments on the Edmunds.com story from Feb 20, 2006, titled Chevrolet Malibu Owners: Problems & Solutions. In it, Edmunds.com reports that:

Created by KarenS in the Maintenance & Repair Message Board. Your Host is mr_shiftright What is this discussion about? Chevrolet Malibu, Chevrolet Malibu Maxx, Sedan, Electric, Engine # 2962 of 2971 Visor and ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Edmunds.com.

jasper

Thornton, IL

#1402 Aug 3, 2008
my 2005 chvey malibu the air condisher work but dont blow out i checked the reg fuse but they were good what esle can i do because i dont have alot of money right now to fix it
DMar

Valley Stream, NY

#1403 Aug 3, 2008
I have a 2006 malibu LS. At approx. 40 mph I get a rattling noise from inside of the headliner between the visors. Any help would be appreciated.

DMar
Hauling a trailer

Calgary, Canada

#1404 Aug 3, 2008
jasper wrote:
my 2005 chvey malibu the air condisher work but dont blow out i checked the reg fuse but they were good what esle can i do because i dont have alot of money right now to fix it
Check Mikes answer on page 66---June 16 2008. It may help you solve the problem.
Hauling a trailer

Calgary, Canada

#1405 Aug 3, 2008
DMar wrote:
I have a 2006 malibu LS. At approx. 40 mph I get a rattling noise from inside of the headliner between the visors. Any help would be appreciated.
DMar
Do you have a sun roof that may contribute to the noise----What sort of a rattle?---is it a vibration or just a metal rattling sound
DMar

Valley Stream, NY

#1406 Aug 3, 2008
No, I do not have a sunroof. It sounds like there is something loose in the headliner and somehow air is getting in there and making whatever it is vibrate. I have looked over the front top part of the windshield to see if there is anywhere air could get in, nothing there. I am stumped.
DMar
dave

Canada

#1407 Aug 3, 2008
when the theft light lights up i can never get the car to start again until a bit later. i got it checked out and a mechanic said it was the fuel pump however 500$ later the problem is still there. i heard that it might be the fuel pressure regulator or it could simply a matter of cutting the yellow wire and leaving the theft light on as this has worked for others. how do i know which to do ?
Hauling a trailer

Calgary, Canada

#1408 Aug 3, 2008
DMar wrote:
No, I do not have a sunroof. It sounds like there is something loose in the headliner and somehow air is getting in there and making whatever it is vibrate. I have looked over the front top part of the windshield to see if there is anywhere air could get in, nothing there. I am stumped.
DMar
Next time you hear the rattle try isolating it by pressing your hand around the head liner. Probably something simple to fix.
GUNJAL PRATAP P

India

#1409 Aug 5, 2008
Please anyone tell me that the pulsating sound comes even after engine stop,of any motorcycle
Hauling a trailer

Calgary, Canada

#1410 Aug 6, 2008
GUNJAL PRATAP P wrote:
Please anyone tell me that the pulsating sound comes even after engine stop,of any motorcycle
Where is the pulsating sound----is in your head or your rear end. "HARLEYS" usually give you this sensation.
Kris

Amesbury, MA

#1411 Aug 6, 2008
I am having a problem with the speedo it only works in 1st gear. It works fine in 2nd 3rd and 4th. Also the car shifts weird between 1st and 2nd. 3.5l malibu Maxx
Kris

Amesbury, MA

#1412 Aug 6, 2008
Sorry It does not work in 1st Gear.
Louis

Bowling Green, MO

#1413 Aug 7, 2008
I have a 2006 Malibu Maxx and my CD player stop working. I placed a cd in one day the entire radio just went out and came back on but now the CD players is not recognizing that there is a CD in it. Does anyone have a solution as to what this could be I got this car in March of Last year.
Matt

San Francisco, CA

#1414 Aug 7, 2008
don wrote:
When I fill the gas tank the gas pump will click off after a short time (30 sec.) and if you try it right away again it will click off like it is full. If you wait a while it will fill again for a short time(30 sec). I was told to check the vent tube. It will idle high and low going back and forth trying to stay running. In order to start it I have to hold down on the gas pedal. Any help is much appreciated. thanks
Don,

Did you find the solution to this? My Malibu does the same thing.

Thanks,

Matt
Kris

Amesbury, MA

#1415 Aug 7, 2008
Oh yeah I forgot about the power steering code on the radio.
hidesert steve

Panorama City, CA

#1416 Aug 7, 2008
granleli wrote:
Can someone tell me what my miles to the gal should be in town for my 2000 malibu LS?...I have had it 2 years but just now checked my mileage....I get 19 miles in town. Is that normal?
19 is not out of line in my experience. Have a 2000 Malibu with 124,000 miles. Have owned it since new. Just returned from a 1200 mile trip and got 26 to 32.7 MPG on the highway. 26 was against a headwind. Have consistantly gotten aroung 30 on the road. We have recorded up to 25 mgp in town, but that was years ago when it was newer. Now more like 17 to 20.
mike m

Houston, TX

#1417 Aug 8, 2008
A lot of people are mentioning that their A/C cuts in and out. I do not see a clear answer to this. Has anyone resolved this problem? I live in Houston and it gets very hot when the A/C is not on...
Shawnna

Grove City, OH

#1418 Aug 8, 2008
My brake light is on, like it does when the emergency brake is on, and won't go off. When I press the gas it beeps several times as if someone left the door open or the way it beeps when the keys are left in the car when you open the door. Any ideas? The dashboard lights are also out.
GMR

Barrie, Canada

#1419 Aug 9, 2008
Shawnna wrote:
My brake light is on, like it does when the emergency brake is on, and won't go off. When I press the gas it beeps several times as if someone left the door open or the way it beeps when the keys are left in the car when you open the door. Any ideas? The dashboard lights are also out.
If brake light is on the first check is fluid level ! THIS IS URGENT !
If fluid level is OK then make sure the emergency brake pedal is full up; even a fraction down will trigger warning light.
Hauling a trailer

Calgary, Canada

#1420 Aug 9, 2008
mike m wrote:
A lot of people are mentioning that their A/C cuts in and out. I do not see a clear answer to this. Has anyone resolved this problem? I live in Houston and it gets very hot when the A/C is not on...
One of several things could cause the A/C to cut out namely. Low level of fluid in the A/C lines. If you noticed it wasn't blowing cold air before it quit then I would suspect that it is low in Freon which will stop the compressor so that the seals or bearings don't get damaged. Only an A/C shop can check the pressures for you. The other possibilities might be a sensor not sending a proper signal to the BCM.(Body Control Module) or a loose connection in the wiring harness. I had these problems (A/C shutting off, power windows and sun roof not operating a few times over the past 3 years.) They would reset themselves automaticaly after a few days. What I did notice was that the ABS was acting up and the light coming on. This seemed to trigger the above problems ---a loose connection at the left front wheel sensor.
Brian

Montevideo, MN

#1421 Aug 10, 2008
Marja wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine does the same thing. When the turn signal turns off(which is does constantly while driving) I just the hazards on quickly then turn them off and the signal works again.
I had the same problem. In this case go to your local GM dealer and buy a new hazard switch for about $20-25. Install the new switch and voila problem solved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Malibu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Reply Jan 9 Ihatechevys64 1
What do you think about your 2005 Malibu (Oct '06) Dec '17 Chevy number one 86
Traction control Dec '17 R8der 1
Dead Battery in 2009 Malibu (Dec '09) Nov '17 smeg 21
2004 Malibu/Classic Rear Seat Removal (Apr '09) Nov '17 Kam Dani 8
Be Careful Replacing Wiper Blades on Chevy Malibu (May '10) Oct '17 Sfuprof 3
2001 a/c light blinks no cold air and i don't h... Sep '17 Linda 1
More from around the web