First Prev
of 2
Next Last
kim

Maitland, FL

#1 Jun 15, 2006
my HHR has been lemon lawed. due to the in ability to fix continuing electrical issues, GM was forced to buy back the vehicle. our problems ranged from continually blown headlights, radio volume problems, also the thing sometimes didn't work at all, security issues, hatch lock problems, our gauges stopped working, lights that blinked uncontrollably, and so on. after months of waiting for someone to fix it, we took things into out own hands and went to the Better Business Bureau website and started the lemon law process. within 2 weeks we will be HHR-free. Thank you BBB!!
Heather Henning

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Jul 10, 2007
I've had nothing but problem after problems with my 2006 HHR. Electrical problems with my radio and dome light. But what is worst is my steering colum was making this rattling noise so I brought it in and they couldnt figure it out it took them two months to fix it. They replaced a steering shaft and a intermedet shaft then finaly the steering coulm I'm fighting them right knoe for them to buy it back from me. I write them letters and talk to them on the phone They already denid me the GMC BUY BACK. now I went to the BBB auto line. They wont even respond to my letters. If they dont buy my HHR back from me I'll take them to court.
Randy Deaton

AOL

#4 Apr 10, 2008
I have a 2006 HHR that I loved in the beginning, but now hate due to electrical problems. Mine spent over 2 months in the shop last summer, the last visit was 30 days. The outside temp would stick on one number & not change all day then the coolant temp would go blank & the gauge quit. When the coolant temp would quit so would the a/c. There have been other problems with door locks & lights. The dealership has fumbled around with multiple sensors, bcm's, 2 new computers, new interior fuse box, & finally a new wiring harness. Things seemed to be alright for a while, but now the outside temp is locking on a number again & the ignition is freaking out. Mine is a stick shift so there is no remote start. It does what I call dry starting: you barely turn the key & it starts cranking over & continues even when you release the key. It normally does not start when this happens & you have to rotate the switch all the way back & start over. It also fails to fire up many times, but turns over fine. I have also had to put up with inept service work & incomplete work from the dealership way too many times. It goes back in the shop next week for the safety recall & they are supposed to check on the electrical problems again. Wish me luck. I've been waiting since September 07 for GM to extend my warranty on these issues, but no luck so far.
jailhouse

Liberty, MO

#5 Apr 11, 2008
I bought a 2006 HHR. Recently I went to leave work and it wouldn't start. I had plenty of power in the battery. I came back an hour later and it started. I recently had it towed to the shop because it wouldn't even try to start. It's now been in the shop for 4 days the battery was replaced due to a dead cell. I went to get it and the mechanic said the new battery was dead now. They have been using every computer and test they have for 5 hours and cannot figure out what is draining the battery. Any Ideas or has anyone else experienced this please let me know.
IvaReeze

Broomfield, CO

#6 May 13, 2008
What an awful car. Mine's also a 2006. I've had it 19 months. Electrical problems, radio comes on whenever it wants, messed up rotors, brakes, alignment, solonoid replaced, keys stuck in ignition, battery completely quit leaving me stranded with no one around in 12 degree weather, tire rod replaced, some "harness" thing replaced, I could go on. GM denied repurchase, going to BBB now.
vinni

United States

#7 May 24, 2008
Ive purchaced three now and love them.A Started buying them when they first came out and now have a 2007 wagon and a 2008 LT 2 panel. cant complain at 32 mpg hwy at 6000 ft above sea level. good power and not a single problem I didnt cause( left hatch open for two days and battery went dead).
Cjones

Saint George, UT

#8 Jun 4, 2008
My husband's HHR has refused to start on two different occasions - both timeas towed to the dealer, because of course, the keys get stuck in the ignition then. The dealer checks it for bad battery, drain on the electrical system, with no luck. Hmmmm. If the dealership can't figure it out, who can?
Denny

Cleveland, OH

#9 Jun 25, 2008
I have a 2006 HHR LS, I also have the clunk noise, the radio makes pop noises even when off, the check engine light keeps coming on, ang the cigarette lighter keeps blowing fuses! PS the car came with no ashtray, just the lighter!
The engine will act like it is dying from time to time the dealer has yet to experience that problem, what can I say the thing was made in Mexico!
Bob

Bangor, ME

#10 Sep 6, 2008
I have had a problem with my 2006. Can't remove the key from the ignition. They replaced the battery (not producing the proper voltage) so they replaced it , and damn, it happened again today. Going back to the shop tomorrow!!!
loretta north carolina

Sag Harbor, NY

#11 Sep 6, 2008
chevy shuts off while drving for no apparent reason, and still going strong it has cut off over 28 times. change gear shift corroded plugs, brakes on 4mm.
Laci-North Carolina

Laurinburg, NC

#12 Sep 17, 2008
Cjones wrote:
My husband's HHR has refused to start on two different occasions - both timeas towed to the dealer, because of course, the keys get stuck in the ignition then. The dealer checks it for bad battery, drain on the electrical system, with no luck. Hmmmm. If the dealership can't figure it out, who can?
I've had the same problem 4 times and each time my vehicle was towed to the dealership. I purchased my 2007 hhr in July of 2007. The first time they replaced my battery. The2nd and 3rd time they couldn't tell me anything and the last time I was told it was the alternator. If this happens again, i'm getting rid of it!

Since: Oct 08

AOL

#13 Oct 30, 2008
I have a 2006 hhr with 33000 miles on it now I can not keep anti freeze in it in the last 6000 have added 2 gallon one dealer says it is evaporating. another says they can not find know leak detroit says since they can not find no leak there is nothing wrong an warrenty is out at 36000. am at witts end.
Kristi

Burlington, CO

#14 Nov 1, 2008
I have a 2007 HHR that I have had nothing but problems with. The day I bought the car, the headlight bulbs were blown and needed replacement. Then winter set in and the problems began. Went out one morning when the temperatures were well under 32 degrees and the car would not start and would not even crank. Had my husband jump start the car and made it to work. Took it to the dealership and they found rear dome light was causing a draw. Sweet car fixed. WRONG. Two or three weeks after that it gets cold again and the car won't start or crank. Husband jump starts the car and to town I go. Drop the car off for a month and a half to find a bad cell in the battery. So dealer replaces battery. Go out to the car and try to auto start and the key fobs won't work to save my butt. Turns out there is something wrong with one of the modules. Replaced that and head home. Another nice cold day couple weeks later and guess what? No start. Back to the dealer. When your on a first name basis with the dealership, it can't be a good sign. Turns out this time it is the dimmer switch! Hopefully fixed this time?! Summer comes and the car runs like a champ. No problems and a sweet ride. Here in the last two weeks it has been cold with snow. Go out and my little car doesn't start. Back to the dealer. They have the darn thing hooked up to the machine and it is being a perfect little angel. Starts with no problem and no draws. I checked the Lemon Laws in Colorado and the mileage has to be under 12K. I am way over but I live out in farming country. Trying to get rid of it but so upside down on the loan it isn't even funny. Anybody have any suggestions on what to do with this car cause I can't find a ditch deep enough to bury this thing in!!
Jenn

Branchton, PA

#15 Dec 5, 2008
2006 HHR. Bought it November 17th with 30 or 1000 mile warrenty. I hit the 1,000 mile mark at 2 1/2 weeks and then started having problems with the gear shift. It is automatic and it takes 9 or 10 tries pushing on the brakes to get it out of park. Dealership says all was fine when I bought it, and it is not their problem. Mechanic says he believes transmission is going. The radio has started doing its own thing. And the heat either you are freezing or suffocating there is no happy medium
igotthelemon

Kiev, Ukraine

#17 Dec 31, 2008
http://freelemonaid is another lemon law help website
Carolyn

Cleveland, OH

#18 Jan 6, 2009
I had the same problems with my shifter. The dealership had to replace it, they said some of them were defective. I have also had a wheel bearing replaced, the new headliners airbags put in due to recall, I had a problem in the left front with a clunking, it was something with the shocks, and now I am waiting for a part for my right windshield wiper. It just quit in the middle of a rain storm. I love my car, but I starting to be afraid of the repairs. Most of it was warrantied, but now, at 55000, i am out of warranty. Wish us all luck:)
angie

Toronto, Canada

#19 Feb 5, 2009
i have had my HHR LT for about a year and a half it started when the car was six months old with a clucking noice in the front end they have change many parts now 3 shafts 1 colum front struts and now they have had in for another two weeks i am getting very upset
Jim

Cincinnati, OH

#20 Apr 19, 2009
I have an 07 HHR..Been experiencng shifter problems...Have to put it in park 2 or 3 to get the key to lock and remove...Now it will go into park after working with it for a while, but you cant get the key out. Also radio light stays on with key still in ignition...Go's to shop tomorrow...Guess I better bend over and grab my ankle's...Shaft is next...
Zadious

San Diego, CA

#21 May 11, 2009
Well I think I will NOT buy an HHR now that I see this... Thanks for all the info.
Jim Eriksen

Cincinnati, OH

#22 Mar 13, 2010
Cjones wrote:
This is the 3rd time my battery has gone dead. One time the dealer replaced the battery. At this moment I have not contacted the dealer. There seems to be no reason for it to go dead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet HHR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
radio speaker problems (Jul '11) Tue jenniferb 116
Driver's side door won't open (Nov '11) Oct 5 Jessica Rappazini 8
Clunk noise in the front end (Aug '06) Sep 23 Garf 269
Noise in Engine compartment Jul '14 jeff 1
2006 Chevy HHR (May '11) Jul '14 Sam 4
hhr dual mirror lights stuck on Jun '14 joan ryder 1
Recalls becoming 'background noise' that owners... Jun '14 shawn 2

Chevrolet HHR People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE