Cylinder Head Replacement on 2007 LT

Posted in the Chevrolet HHR Forum

Lee

Latonia, KY

#1 Jun 5, 2013
I am a female 2007 HHR LT owner. I bought this car brand new. Over the years, it's been a great car. I've kept up on the regular oil changes and maintenance on this car. However, I'm now ticked off and disgusted that after only 6 years, I had to have a cylinder head replaced. My check engine light kept coming on. The first time I had the dealership run a diagnostic on it, they said they couldn't find any issues. The next time I brought it in when the check engine light kept coming on, I was told that valves were sticking causing a misfire. I was also told there is no fix for this and the cylinder head had to be replaced which was very expensive. It seems back in the day with older model cars, a sticking valve could be repaired but apparently not anymore. I haven't been rough on this car and have taken good care of it. Am I wrong in thinking I should have gotten more miles on this car before having to get a cylinder head replaced or did HHR manufacture a crappy product???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet HHR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clunk noise in the front end (Aug '06) Apr 27 Tom 273
Rattle/ loose noise in the steering wheel (Apr '10) Apr 22 glw0119 4
Check Engine Light Apr 16 csmjwoody 1
2006 Chevy HHR (May '11) Apr 6 Buz 5
radio speaker problems (Jul '11) Mar '15 Dominique 129
Driver's side door won't open (Nov '11) Mar '15 Preston 10
HHR Engine Problem (Jan '13) Jan '15 golfen9 6
More from around the web