First Prev
of 3
Next Last
SabreBolt

Tampa, FL

#1 Aug 13, 2008
I live in Florida and just purchased a 2008 HHR LT. I am having serious electrical problems with interior lights, radio and dashboard gauges. It has 2,000 miles on it. Can anyone describe the Lemon Law process for Florida? I believe I bought lemonade instead of a car.
breadmaker

Oklahoma City, OK

#3 Dec 29, 2008
I have an 08 HHR SS that has been having problems when i go to get on the highway it decides it does not want to go i lose all guages and it spits and sputters so i have to pull over and kill the car and restart it it has been in the shop more than i have had it. My car has 5700 miles on it
stalled chevy

United States

#6 Jan 8, 2009
2007 chevy stalls on train tracks in front of trucks and gm don't care let put a class action lawsuit
Charlie

AOL

#7 Feb 4, 2009
stalled chevy wrote:
2007 chevy stalls on train tracks in front of trucks and gm don't care let put a class action lawsuit
Looks like I'm not the only one with a car that plays Russian Roulette. The 5th time my 08 HHR LT stopped while driving, I was only about a mile from home with baby in the car, it went about 2 miles per hour next to the curb when the lil' darlin' engaged and my TAC was at 5.In a split second went from about 2 miles an hour to about 160. Had to turn hard into the lane..blessed there wasn't a car there. Like others, car has been at dealers more than at home. Loved the car until it bacame possesed. Wonder how many deaths/injuries the HHR has caused?
Lisa

New Castle, PA

#8 Feb 16, 2009
I have a 2006 HHR. My husband bought it without me seeing it first. One of the worst cars I have ever owned. The rear windshield wiper works only sporadically and only if u do not need it too. I had to replace the front headlight and found that u have to take the front tire off first to replace the bulb, what drunken monkey designed that one. Also the interior door handle snapped off, and I was told my warrentee does not cover that. It is a cheap plastic(painted to look like metal) handle that is so thin that a child could snap it off. The best part it is a one piece interior door panel and the whole panel needs replaced at the cost of $369.00. No wonder no one has any faith in American made cars anymore. They are more expensive and they use cheaper and cheaper materials and workmanship. It is definately the last GM car I will by. For years we had to buy GM because our in-laws worked at the assembly plant. They are retired now and I am no longer going to buy GM cars.
Lisa

New Castle, PA

#9 Feb 16, 2009
Charlie wrote:
<quoted text> Looks like I'm not the only one with a car that plays Russian Roulette. The 5th time my 08 HHR LT stopped while driving, I was only about a mile from home with baby in the car, it went about 2 miles per hour next to the curb when the lil' darlin' engaged and my TAC was at 5.In a split second went from about 2 miles an hour to about 160. Had to turn hard into the lane..blessed there wasn't a car there. Like others, car has been at dealers more than at home. Loved the car until it bacame possesed. Wonder how many deaths/injuries the HHR has caused?
Same happened to me this winter I thought something froze up on it and blamed it on the snow. The engine started to race and the brakes wouldn't work as I came up to a stop sign. I had to throw it into nuetral or get smashed by cross traffic. Thank goodness it only lasted a few minutes but they were terrifying. Mechanic cannot find a problem, and it hasn't happened since but it makes me afraid to drive it.
Ben Holt

Atlanta, GA

#10 Apr 23, 2009
I had bought my wife a 2006 HHR 1LT it was nothing but trouble the entire time that I had it. Constant electrical problems shut off and wouldnt crank, radio would come on when you would turn the blinker on, seat cloth would stain worse than any I have ever saw, We had the car for about a year and a half and it went to the shop probably 10 times, anti-theft system would act up then it would start up and then die. I have been a chevy man my entire life, but i will never ever buy another of their cars!
Ben Holt

Atlanta, GA

#11 Apr 23, 2009
I know it almost cause 1 death wanted to strangle the hop manager at evry chevy dealership that we took it too:)
Charlie wrote:
<quoted text> Looks like I'm not the only one with a car that plays Russian Roulette. The 5th time my 08 HHR LT stopped while driving, I was only about a mile from home with baby in the car, it went about 2 miles per hour next to the curb when the lil' darlin' engaged and my TAC was at 5.In a split second went from about 2 miles an hour to about 160. Had to turn hard into the lane..blessed there wasn't a car there. Like others, car has been at dealers more than at home. Loved the car until it bacame possesed. Wonder how many deaths/injuries the HHR has caused?
LLP Design

Michigantown, IN

#12 May 1, 2009
We have purchased 13 or 14 new vehicles through GM, I actually lost count. Sure you will run across one that you would swear was either built on a Monday or a Friday. I would have even put money on the fact that GM precomputed for the things to fall apart at 35,000 miles....The worst was our Grand National. Constant cosmetic issues. The least amount of time I had a new car before giving it back to our dealer was 12 hours. That was a 2009 Aveo LT 5 door. The manual transmission would not downshift forcing you to try to pamper it to take off in third. The dealer was more than sympathetic, redid the paper work and I got my HHR instead. I have prior experience with HHR, I drove a rental HHR to Florida and Back, it had several thousand miles in it and it was fine. So it's not the HHR your having problems with, it's just that occasional car that has glitches...
soonersteve

Oklahoma City, OK

#13 May 27, 2009
I made the mistake of buying a 2006 HHR. It is the worst vehicle I have ever owned. Constant electrical problems. The temp gauge works when it wants to and when the temp gauge doesn't work, neither does my AC. It is tough in Oklahoma in August with no AC. Also after 20,000 miles the front struts went out, that was under warranty. but as soon as I got to warranty, the bearings went out. Now there is a problem with exhaust sytem. I will never buy a chevy or GM again.
GMDEN

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#14 Jul 21, 2009
I HAVE A 2007 LT WITH 33000 MILE AND IT HAS BEEN FLAWLESS, GREAT MILEAGE AND ONE OF THE MOST QUIET CAR I OWNED NO PROBLEM AT ALL
HHR LEMON OWNER

Gainesville, FL

#15 Jul 22, 2009
CONT....
We now have our records in our hands again, we have faxed them to the lawyer's office. If he thinks we have a case, then we will follow accordingly, whether it be with the BBB or the Lawyer.
It was explained to us that the General Manager was trying to get another sell from us instead of taking care of us and our lemon car. Also that the down payment plus GET THIS the interest rates.(They can legally set your interest rate up to 2% higher than the bank asks for), and that is all gravy for them of course so is the down payment. He was just trying to get us to give them MORE money!!! I actually told him he should be ashamed of himself.
We had to leave the car at the dealer's service department and pay for the diagnosis and a rental. We are now just playing the waitng game.
HHR LEMON OWNER

Gainesville, FL

#16 Jul 22, 2009
Cont...PART (2)
We called the dealership ahead of time, we already had a pending appointment with the General Manager for the following Tuesday (today) at 8:00 AM to discuss this case and told the G.M. what was going on. He agreed to meet us when we got there. He took all of our service records we brought for him to look over and said he would like to take care of the problem in house.He offered to give us a trade in amount of $12,000.00 which is over the KBB value. If he could trade us out that morning he would do it then and there to get us in a vehicle that works.
We picked out a Jeep Which was only 16,200.
and then they asked us if we wanted to put down a down payment on the Jeep, besides the HHR.
We told them no, that we just wanted to trade across the board. That this is not something we planned on doing, we are in the middle of moving, and we hadn't saved up to put a down payment on a car, we already put $10,000.00 on the HHR. He understood and agreed. He let us keep the Jeep for the weekend and was supposed to have things worked out for Monday, with NO down payment, just the HHR as a trade in. The General Manager said he was going to sell us the Jeep wholesale and turn around and sell the HHR wholesale. We were just supposed to sign and drive away.
When I called them Monday AM July 20th, they said they still didn't have the loan worked out and that they would call me in a little while.(I work in my car on the road all day long.) They called several hours later. It was also hours after I did an interview with one of the loaning banks. They again started to pressure me on the phone wanting $2500.00 down or we couldn't get the Jeep that I am still driving. They haven't started working on our car. They told me to keep the Jeep again, until I heard from them this morning. Tuesday July 21st. But we may not get the loan with out a good faith down payment.(I don't understand this when the bank called and interviewed me she said everything looked great. We even talked about why I wasn't giving cash down along with our HHR.)
We have contacted GM and the BBB. We are seeing who can do what for us. GM said they would exchange the car, but only for another GM car at that dealership. We are so tainted on GM cars right now we are looking to just get a refund and start over.
HHR LEMON OWNER

Gainesville, FL

#17 Jul 22, 2009
PART (1)
We purchased a brand new 2007 HHR in Sept of 2007 at Gainesville Palm Chevrolet. Ever since then, we have had the car back to the dealership several times for repairs. The steering column, had to be replaced, the electric seats have a short and have gone out (a couple of times) and they cannot find the short, the sunroof motor had to be replace and we had to take it in a couple of times to get it repaired,the radiator fan blade fell off, the paint job,(which was bad on the roof and had a few scratches that they were supposed to fix before we picked up the car, when we bought it. It wasn't done. We had to take it in 4 or 5 times for the paint job alone. It was never done correctly and they ended up putting swirl marks in the paint. The manager said he was done, that they weren't going to touch the paint again. And THEY dented and scratched the car while they had it and tried to give it back like that) Clicking noises in the car when it is put into gear, fwd or reverse and you accelerate, which they still haven't figured out what is wrong with it, now that we are out of warranty,(bumper to bumper) they want to charge us to fix it or to tear it down and diagnose the problem. This problem has been a problem for over a year and we keep taking it back and they keep telling us it is one thing or another and do not fix it or tell us they can't find what is wrong with it. They never broke the car down to find the problem when it was under warranty. Also now our HHR is losing power. Well it no longer has get up and go. They told us it was filters or the fuel injectors needed cleaning. That didn't do the trick. They have no idea why it is bogging down.
We talked to a law firm and they believe not only do we have a lemon law case they also think we may have a breach of warranty case. They asked us to send in copies of all our service records. We were on our way to the dealership at the time because our car once again started messing up. Which was last Friday, July 17th. I told them that I would scan and email the reports when we got back from the dealership. Because our HHR's cooling system and a/c went out that morning.
HHR LEMON OWNER

Gainesville, FL

#18 Jul 22, 2009
SabreBolt wrote:
I live in Florida and just purchased a 2008 HHR LT. I am having serious electrical problems with interior lights, radio and dashboard gauges. It has 2,000 miles on it. Can anyone describe the Lemon Law process for Florida? I believe I bought lemonade instead of a car.
Step 1 Contact dealership talk to GM or Owner, ask for copies of ALL YOUR SERVICE RECORDS.

Step 2 Contact GM Corp. GMCustomerAssistance@gmexpert. com
or
800-222-1020
THERE IS ANOTHER # IN THE BACK OF YOUR OWNERS MANUAL AS WELL.

Step 3
Contact BBB
They have site just google them and have all your information ready.
SERVICE RECORDS, DATE OF PURCHASE, ORIGINAL CONTRACT.

THERE ARE MANY LAW FIRMS THAT WILL HELP YOU FOR FREE IF YOU HAVE A CASE GOOGLE THEM TOO.
FAX THEM YOUR RECORDS AND THEY WILL TELL YOU IF YOU HAVE A CASE OR NOT.

(If you do expect months of frustration and do not let them wear you down until you roll over.)

Check out my post under 2007 HHR LEMON

Good Luck!!!
Jonathan Wilkinson

Fayetteville, WV

#19 Oct 13, 2009
I purchased a 2009 chevrolet hhr in February of 2009. After the first oil change I noticed the car requiring about a half quart of oil every week. I do not do much driving,just grocery stores and work. This weekend on 10/11/09 I checked my oil to find the dipstick was reading no oil after setting over an hour on flat ground. The dealership went as far as suggesting oil consumption of this nature is normal,or I did not know how to read the dipstick.One of the times that I had my car at the dealership they did'nt even document that the oil was low,instead they insisted that the second line down on the dipstick was full and not the top mark. They've really squirmed in every way to deny that the oil is low,or that the usage is normal.Now instead of documenting that the oil is high or low,they say that it is in an acceptable range.Acceptable for G.M.,BUT NOT FOR THE CONSUMER!
littlevoice

Olathe, KS

#20 Oct 20, 2009
if any one can answer i would love a response. Looking a buying 07 mazda6 2000 under list price car has 20323 miles dealer told me immediatly that it was a buy back/lemon gave me autochecker report without me asking, showed me paperwork on repair prev owner said squeaky exhaust was problem dealer told me came with ford 12/12 bumper to bumper warranty for free. should i buy this car
HhrOwner

Buffalo, NY

#21 Jan 16, 2010
I must be lucky, mine works fine. Could be worse, could buy a Toyota.
Frank P

Seattle, WA

#22 Jan 24, 2010
My hhr is great so far!

I have driven quite a few before buying (used new models etc).

I never noticed anything weird or noise about them. In fact-my very first drive I wasnt expecting the car to be so quiet! I honestly thought an inexpensive car like the HHR would have the road noise of the grand am. They sound like someone mounted a jet engine under your floorboards.

The quiet ride got me interested-damn it. The rest is history!
Stephen Atlanta GA

Arlington, TX

#23 Jan 27, 2010
Having major issues with my 2006 Chevy HHR. First, my passenger floorboard is starting to get flooded with water when it rains, the floorboard fills with literally 2 inches of water and now I'm having electrical problems where suddenly the headlights won't turn on or only one, or only the left or right side. I called on-star the first time it happened to see if they could run a test, the on star operator told me I was the 8th chevy owner to call about the same problem within her shift! Having had 2 Mazdas which always ran great with no probelms, I'm regretting ever taking a chance on a GM. If this is the state of the american car companies, they deserve to go out of business. I'll never buy another one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet HHR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clunk noise in the front end (Aug '06) Apr 27 Tom 273
Rattle/ loose noise in the steering wheel (Apr '10) Apr 22 glw0119 4
Check Engine Light Apr 16 csmjwoody 1
2006 Chevy HHR (May '11) Apr 6 Buz 5
radio speaker problems (Jul '11) Mar '15 Dominique 129
Driver's side door won't open (Nov '11) Mar '15 Preston 10
HHR Engine Problem (Jan '13) Jan '15 golfen9 6
More from around the web