Byers Downtown Chevrolet will remain ...

Byers Downtown Chevrolet will remain open | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 11 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jun 16, 2010, titled Byers Downtown Chevrolet will remain open | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Byers Downtown Chevrolet will remain open, following a year of uncertainty about the dealership's status.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Lfod

Defiance, OH

#1 Jun 16, 2010
Goverment Motors, the Oil spill , health care,international relations , the economy, the WAR on terror are proof that bozo can only FOUL UP!
pikkil47

Hilliard, OH

#2 Jun 16, 2010
Smart move. They fool around too much they're liable to pizzz Buddy Byers off enough that he'll buy GM (and he CAN do it) and fire the fools running the circus.
kids mom

Columbus, OH

#3 Jun 16, 2010
byers downtown chevrolet ripped me off on a used car after having spent thousand of dollars on vehicles at Byers. This coupled with the unending problems that I have had with my GM car purchased brand new from Byers, I no longer deal with Byers or with GM and never will again
Speechless

Columbus, OH

#4 Jun 16, 2010
Why on earth would Buddy Byers want to buy GM and lose everything he's got inside of a year?
isenhowrwasright

Somerset, KY

#5 Jun 16, 2010
buddy should go back to speed boat racing. behind every great fortune is a great crime.
Columbus Lover

Columbus, OH

#6 Jun 16, 2010
Way to stick with it and congratulations on the tenacity to have hung in there and to have prevailed.
LoJack

Hilliard, OH

#7 Jun 16, 2010
The buyers group has earned this. They have been around forever and earned everything they have.

Good for them.
Lfod

Defiance, OH

#8 Jun 16, 2010
Remember, the list of dropped dealers had the LEAST amount of contributions to liberal office holders. chicago coruption at bozo's best!
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#10 Jun 16, 2010
Lfod wrote:
Remember, the list of dropped dealers had the LEAST amount of contributions to liberal office holders. chicago coruption at bozo's best!
Nice conspiracy theory, but not true.

GM has the same dealer network in place that it had with 50% market share, even though it now only has 18% market share. That means these dealerships don't have the volume to invest in their facilities, which means customers get a "second rate" feeling at a GM dealership compared to a Honda, Toyota or Cadillac dealership. The dealers here mostly looked okay, but they were still not up to snuff appearance-wise to the local Honda or Toyota dealers.

Imagine if Wendy's or McDonalds couldn't tell its franchises how their restaurants had to look. Dealers always had too much power over GM so GM couldn't force them to upgrade facilities because of franchise laws. Look how junky Spitzer Dodge or Byers Chrysler is. I would have cut both of them.

GM had every right to get rid of these dealerships, but political pressure is forcing reinstatement. This is a real setback for GM. And don't bother buying shares during their IPO. You don't want shares in a company run by the government, unions and lobbyists.
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#11 Jun 16, 2010
I ment Lexus, not Cadillac above.
Lfod

Defiance, OH

#12 Jun 17, 2010
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice conspiracy theory, but not true.
GM has the same dealer network in place that it had with 50% market share, even though it now only has 18% market share. That means these dealerships don't have the volume to invest in their facilities, which means customers get a "second rate" feeling at a GM dealership compared to a Honda, Toyota or Cadillac dealership. The dealers here mostly looked okay, but they were still not up to snuff appearance-wise to the local Honda or Toyota dealers.
Imagine if Wendy's or McDonalds couldn't tell its franchises how their restaurants had to look. Dealers always had too much power over GM so GM couldn't force them to upgrade facilities because of franchise laws. Look how junky Spitzer Dodge or Byers Chrysler is. I would have cut both of them.
GM had every right to get rid of these dealerships, but political pressure is forcing reinstatement. This is a real setback for GM. And don't bother buying shares during their IPO. You don't want shares in a company run by the government, unions and lobbyists.
It is fact those who gave the most to bozo were least likley to be closed. Its the chicago way for the communist clown

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Equinox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Equinox Central.com --- Owners have posted lot... (Oct '06) 14 hr Joanna 565
Water Noise In Dash/Heater Core (2006 Equinox) (Apr '12) Jan 17 Anonymous 52
Equinox having trouble starting (Aug '07) Jan 17 beto3531 230
2006 Chevy Equinox heater blows cool air? (May '08) Jan 9 cory 749
Equinox (Jun '06) Jan 9 Shanta1982 154
2012 equinox wont start Jan 8 KYRA 1
2007 Equinox ignition key not releasing like it... (Aug '10) Jan 1 Betty 127
More from around the web