Mice getting in 2008 Equinox
Lanny Paul

Arvilla, ND

#1 Oct 7, 2010
How has mice gotten into my car? I have caught 5 in 2 days. They didn't come from anything that I put in my car. They have to be getting in from somewhere. Ugh!!
ron in ohio

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Oct 7, 2010
You must have lost one of the plastic plugs they put in at factory. These things can be as large as 2 inches in diameter to fill the holes in floor pans of vehicle. If I remember correctly, there will be one ne each side up under the floorboard of front seats. These are 2 of the largest, but there are others large enough for mice to get in. If you have plug(s) missing and drive on a dusty road, the dust would come into vehicle, especially when you stop. Hope this helps.
Harvey

Powell River, Canada

#3 Nov 13, 2016
I have had this problem with my 2011 Equinox since it was new and talking to the dealer or direct to GM solved nothing. My mice are building nests on top of the cabin filter and using handfulls of insulation from somewhere in the car. My theory is that they are crawling up the rain water passages into the cowling and then into the air vent to the cabin filter. I suggested to GM that during the assembly of the car it would cost peanuts to install a screen there. No reply. I've set traps around the car but have never caught one in five years. Next move will be to remove a section of the cowling and install a screen over the inlet vent to the cabin filter. They'll still get into the engine compartment as usual but that is easily dealt with and cleaned off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Equinox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2006 Equinox AC Problem (Jan '10) Jun 21 NormH3 33
Equinox air conditioner (Apr '08) Jun 20 Mark 296
Equinox Central.com --- Owners have posted lot... (Oct '06) Jun 15 EDs 574
2007 Equinox ignition key not releasing like it... (Aug '10) May 26 John Campbell 131
Engine Misfire/Sputter (Jan '11) May '17 helpinghand 119
P0301 cylinder misfire May '17 MARIE612 1
2011 chevy equinox odor (Sep '11) May '17 Snev 25
More from around the web