2011 Equinox engine ticking

Posted in the Chevrolet Equinox Forum

Abbey gal

Abbotsford, Canada

#1 May 29, 2012
Just bought this car last week. Ran fine for three days then heard a continuous ticking somewhere in the engine. I think closer to the front of the motor. I've heard about noises at start up but this ticking is all the time when the car is idling. Kind of annoying when the thing has only 300 miles on it.
Matt

United States

#2 May 30, 2012
I certainly understand your concern with this issue. Aside from the dealer where you purchased the vehicle, GM Customer Car may be able to assist you. Their phone is 800-263-3777. I hope this is resolved quickly for you.

Matt of GM Customer Service
Dale

Buffalo, NY

#3 Jun 6, 2012
Abbey gal wrote:
Just bought this car last week. Ran fine for three days then heard a continuous ticking somewhere in the engine. I think closer to the front of the motor. I've heard about noises at start up but this ticking is all the time when the car is idling. Kind of annoying when the thing has only 300 miles on it.
I just got my 2011 Equinox out of the shop for the reason you posted!
I took it in for a oil change at 27,000 miles. Have heard a ticking since new but was getting louder. They replaced 2 chains, tensioners and water pump under warranty. Service adviser said it was a known problem. BUT unless you don't complain they don't fix! THAT SUCKS!
ANYWAY GO BACK TO YOUR DEALER AND RAISE CAIN!!!
GOOD LUCK!!
Beth

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Apr 15, 2014
I to have had the same problem. I have had it in the shop 4 times now. Had gaskets changed pistons changed all kinds of stuff done. Called gm they wont even switch you into a safer vehicle. They called the dealer nothing was done. almost a week after the engine is repaired its jerking again. I would highly advise against buying a gm vehicle. To many issues and noone seems to help. I wish you the best of luck but all they care is putting bandaids over big problems. I hope noone gets in accidents over this. My 2011 equinox even lost power only going 10 mph on a busy road I almost got rearended. Gm said we understand your concern but unfortunately the dealer isnt willing to work with us. Um hellooooo isn't the name sake and customer service supposed to be what GM stood for? Unfortunately I guess not. Go with a Ford they run better and Ford and Toyota will trade you out if the problem cant be fixed. Now that's safety and customer service!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Equinox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2006 Chevy Equinox heater blows cool air? (May '08) 6 hr Nancy -Colorado 720
Chevy Equinox - PCM Root of Problems (May '08) Jan 20 tony 138
Water Noise In Dash/Heater Core (2006 Equinox) (Apr '12) Jan 19 Ann 29
GM predicts pretax earnings, profit margin rise... Jan 15 John Jeffery 1
Equinox air conditioner (Apr '08) Jan 14 sdarnell 274
2006 Chcvy Equinox no heat (Jan '13) Jan 14 Brandi 3
2005 chevy equinox problems (Feb '10) Jan 12 James 46
More from around the web