2007 Equinox key fob
Fox

Englewood, CO

#1 Sep 9, 2012
07 Equinox Key fob works when parking and locking the doors. Twenty seconds later the fob does nothing unless you manually unlock the door and then silence the alarm with the unlock button on the fob. New battery on fob and relearned fob through car's menu.
Matt

Durham, NC

#2 Sep 10, 2012
Your concerns are being noted regarding your Equinox.If you continue to have issues, I would suggest having looked by a GM Certified Tech. They are the ones who handle key fob programming and matching to vehicles. Please contact me at [email protected] if decide to have this looked at by a GM tech. If you send the email, please include the VIN#, your name, and situation. I hope your week is going well ins in spite of the car issues.
Matt
GM Customer Assistance
doc

Yuma, AZ

#3 Jan 24, 2013
My 80 year old mother in law has the same problem, but the GM Certified Tech said it was the key fobs (both). Seems to me if you have two key fobs that go out at the same time then it would be a problem with the computer on the car. She was charged 170 dollars for a new (single) key fob and their "work" on the car. After picking up the vehicle she went to the hospital to check on a sick friend and upon leaving, the vehicle did not respond to the new key fob. When she manually opened with the vehicle the alarm sounds until she pushes the red alarm button on the key fob twice.(this does not appear to be a key fob issue). The problem was not fixed by the GM Certified Tech. What controls the key fob locking and unlocking as this is probably the root to the issue?
Matt wrote:
Your concerns are being noted regarding your Equinox.If you continue to have issues, I would suggest having looked by a GM Certified Tech. They are the ones who handle key fob programming and matching to vehicles. Please contact me at [email protected] if decide to have this looked at by a GM tech. If you send the email, please include the VIN#, your name, and situation. I hope your week is going well ins in spite of the car issues.
Matt
GM Customer Assistance
Matt

Durham, NC

#4 Jan 24, 2013
Sorry to hear about the issue with the key FOB. The remote keyless system operates on a radio frequency between the FOB and vehicle. There is a re-learn process outlined in the Owner's Manual on page 197. If these steps don't work, please take it back to the dealer where the FOB was purchased and advise them of the situation. If the vehicle is returned to the dealer, the phone# for GM Customer Service is 800-222-1020 with hours of: Mon to Sat, 8am to 9pm ET. You can send an e-mail to [email protected] with the VIN#, customer name, contact information, situation, name of dealer, and current mileage. Please address it to me. Thank you and I hope this situation is resolved quickly.

Steps from Owner Manual on page 197, located under the DIC guide starting on page 193.

RELEARN REMOTE KEY
This display allows you to match the Remote
Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter to your vehicle.
To match a RKE transmitter to your vehicle,
do the following:
1. Make sure the vehicle is in PARK (P).
2. Press the vehicle information button until
PRESS V TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY
displays.
3. Press the set/reset button.
The message REMOTE KEY LEARNING
ACTIVE will display.
4. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons
on the first transmitter at the same time for
about 15 seconds.
A chime will sound indicating that the
transmitter is matched.
5. To match additional transmitters at this time,
repeat Step 3.
Each vehicle can have a maximum of
four transmitters matched to it.
6. To exit the programming mode, you must
cycle the key to LOCK.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Equinox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chevy Equinox - PCM Root of Problems (May '08) May 24 johnny 151
Engine Misfire/Sputter (Jan '11) May 22 Patrmt 117
Equinox air conditioner (Apr '08) May 12 Ben 287
Head lights May 10 Justin 42 1
2011 chevy equinox odor (Sep '11) May 5 Mud 20
Equinox Central.com --- Owners have posted lot... (Oct '06) May 4 Harvey 550
08 Equinox illumination issue Apr 30 sjbadwi 3
More from around the web