Kevin

North Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2010

I have a check engine light on. It reads "car running too lean, Bank 1." The car is running fine and it doesnt appear to affect my gas mileage. The light goes on and off as it pleases. Does anyone know what this means?
Bill

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2010

I have the same problem! My mechanic spent endless hours trying to diagnose and fix. He thought it was bad gas or sediment so he replaced the gas tank. He told me to use Gum-out. He told me to use high-octane fuel. He replaced gaskets, a mass airflow sensor, and an air intake vent. It was fine for several months and now the light is back.
Chris

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2010

Kevin wrote:
I have a check engine light on. It reads "car running too lean, Bank 1." The car is running fine and it doesnt appear to affect my gas mileage. The light goes on and off as it pleases. Does anyone know what this means?
Had the same code. Found the back valve cover vent tube to the air intake was disconnected (very hard ro see). once properly connected I haven't seen the error code again.
tater

Follansbee, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2011

I read the reply about finding a loose or leaking hose for the running lean bank 1 code and found a hose WAS Disconnected reattatched the hose and ran car for a few minutes light has went out thanks for info..............
Judy

Vancouver, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

I've had this problem also along with many other major problems. Nox is a nothing but crap. If this is what I'm thinking this is... I'm sorry I don't know the technical terms of it. When I went to have my air filter changed the idiots didn't connect the part/hose back correctly which causes it to come off when you start it up. I spent a year taking it to Chevrolet dealerships and other mech's and they kept trying to super glue it together. Wasn't till I took it to a backyard mechanic that it was fixed. I now change my own air filter to make sure the hose/parts are put back correctly. Sorry if I'm way off on this. But this hose being disconnected cause the vehicle to run like crap.... had to have my top engine injectors cleaned and check engine light constantly on. Sad part is that was nothing compared to all the other problems the equinox has.
ryan c crest

Findlay, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

just to let you know the vent tube fixed my 06 chevy thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Chevrolet Equinox Forum right now

Search the Chevrolet Equinox Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
2007 Equinox ignition key not releasing like it... (Aug '10) Tue Angie 93
2005 Equinox squeaking/creaking when turning (Mar '10) Jul 20 hazeyfla 42
Equinox having trouble starting (Aug '07) Jul 18 Larna swope 196
A/C Issues Jul 16 Annette 1
Equinox air conditioner (Apr '08) Jul 15 m-cali 265
interested- class-action for key ignition issue... Jul 14 trixiestixxx 1
Equinox Central.com --- Owners have posted lot... (Oct '06) Jul 14 trixiestixxx 496
•••

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••