HJB

Christiana, PA

#483 May 6, 2014
leona carloni wrote:
I have a 2005 equinox truck by Chevy and it smells awlful, brought it back to Dan Perkins Chevy for the smell and they changed the oil, then I refused to take it home it stil smelled so they detailed it, now it still smells but worse because of the chemicals they used to overpower the original smell, they refuse to say there is a problem, not until I looked up all the complaints on the internet did I see there is a BIG BIG PROBLEM WITH THE SMELL ON THESE TRUCKS, Dan PERKINS AND Steven Perkins have admitted, making it seem like it was me, I am getting sick with headaches and my stomach and now my nerves from all they put me through, even Cheverolet Headquarters where I logged a complaint with Theresa Hall, shame on them!!!!!!!!!!
The problem I just found that's causing my 2006 equinox to stink is that the spare tire compartment has wetness in it & the padding under the spare tire is soaked & stinks. This smell has permeate through out the whole car especially when the windows are up. It's an awful smell. I have no clue how water would've even got in there. But I've taken everything out & I'm letting everything air out. I've got to figure out how the water is getting in there.
Markbeth2003

Crestwood, KY

#484 May 7, 2014
Soooo, my 2010 equinox with only 52k miles on it has been a COMPLETE pain. It started with the engine light coming on. Told it was an emissions issue, to make sure that I 'click' the gas cap properly when finished fueling (like im some dumb*#+)....back in January it was extremely cold where I live, I noticed when I was driving (just four miles up the road) my temp/fuel gauges weren't working, when I,pulled into my destination, the car dash said "AC shut off due to overheating" or something of that nature. When I shut the car off, the fan ran for several minutes, it was -9 degrees at the time. NOW....the car feels like it wants to stall every time I'm at a stop light, ticks, has lost power during ecceleration, sucks gas like a damn V8 (it's a 4 banger) and feels,like it's studdering ever so slightly when I'm driving. I HATE THIS CAR. Engine light goes on and off like a boss, it has an extended warranty, has anyone else experienced these things? Is it worth going to a Chevy dealership? Are they going to give me the "this isn't covered under your warranty" crap? I'll never buy another domestic car again.....ever.
Marie B

United States

#485 May 7, 2014
The only thing you're missing is the color YELLOW !
VtMom

Montpelier, VT

#487 May 16, 2014
2013 equinox caught on fire today. No warning light, check engine light at all. Was just inspected by the dealership that I bought it at one month a go. Three kids in the car as I frantically unbuckled them to get out. Burned our shed too. Any advice on what to do?
Timh

Hyattsville, MD

#488 May 16, 2014
Equinox 2006 will not turn over. Lights come on and flicker then pop and everything goes dead. Now absolutely nothing. Can hear relay buzzing. Last week noticed when I started the car that the clock was reset to 12 am....weird. I reset the time and no issues. It won't jump start either. Tried different battery and still no jump so it's not the battery. Another strane thing, when I gave it gas I could hear a water sound moving behind the dash. Checked for leaks but couldn't find anything. Any suggestions
sherri crum

Newark, OH

#489 May 18, 2014
i have a 2005 equnoxhas any one had any problems with the steering.my car shakes real bad when i get up to 60 miles an hour.we ha the tires balanced and are thinking about the rack n pinion.help please
jde

Cabot, AR

#490 May 28, 2014
i have a 2008 equinox and the problems keep adding up. the ABS light comes on, the door locks work half the time,the power steering went out while i was driving, the driver window falls so every time u drive it u have to roll it back up, and now last week there is a loud roaring noise coming from the front pass. side and it starts when u get to 40mph. i was told its the tires, well i went that route. its not the tires the noise is still there. I'm tired of dealing with the problems, its a endless money pit. this SUV needs to be on the recall list. does anyone know where to contact gm without having to go threw the dealership
JET

Nashville, TN

#491 May 29, 2014
I have a 2011 Equinox LTZ and it's becoming a money pit! I bought it for the gas mileage - I easily travel 100 miles each day. I have over a 100,000 miles on this vehicle - so no warranty. Last October the truck went dead! It was the battery. The battery is well hidden and not where you think it would be. It was corroded and connections eaten up! This was a $250 charge. Back in February, after I would stop and then give the vehicle gas to take off, it wouldn't catch gear. The first of March, the dealer did a diagnostic test- it was the valve body! The transmission had to be dropped to replace the valve body! This was estimated at $1100 but GM foot half the bill. In less than 3 weeks after the transmission was dropped and the valve body replaced, the engine malfunction light comes on. ANOTHER diagnostic test is done, now it's the catalytic converter! The dealer has quoted $1500 to fix this ( but have someone else doing the work with GM parts for less) and was bluntly told not to contact GM about this issue, because GM wouldn't help! Makes me wonder if the dealership mechanic did something? I find it odd that in less than 3 weeks after having the transmission dropped and taken apart, the engine malfunction light comes on, and it's a costly repair! I knew I should have bought a Honda!
zhang

Brampton, Canada

#492 Jun 24, 2014
i have 2009 equinox, after driving for 1 year, I noticed it has sloshing sound for about 2 months then check engine light on sometimes, finally one day engine was overheated and towed to GM dealer, they checked and replaced thermostat and added more coolant, but only drove for 3 days and same problem happened again; towed to another dealer, they check coolant system, found head gasket leak, fixed that, may cost 2000 dollars( under 2 years extended warranty, only paid 100 dollars deductible), so far so good
Jhawk81

Wills Point, TX

#493 Jun 28, 2014
If you have gotten any answers please update this post we have just experienced our latest problem with our 10 Nox that began with the same symptoms and can't get it to cool properly.
Markbeth2003 wrote:
Soooo, my 2010 equinox with only 52k miles on it has been a COMPLETE pain. It started with the engine light coming on. Told it was an emissions issue, to make sure that I 'click' the gas cap properly when finished fueling (like im some dumb*#+)....back in January it was extremely cold where I live, I noticed when I was driving (just four miles up the road) my temp/fuel gauges weren't working, when I,pulled into my destination, the car dash said "AC shut off due to overheating" or something of that nature. When I shut the car off, the fan ran for several minutes, it was -9 degrees at the time. NOW....the car feels like it wants to stall every time I'm at a stop light, ticks, has lost power during ecceleration, sucks gas like a damn V8 (it's a 4 banger) and feels,like it's studdering ever so slightly when I'm driving. I HATE THIS CAR. Engine light goes on and off like a boss, it has an extended warranty, has anyone else experienced these things? Is it worth going to a Chevy dealership? Are they going to give me the "this isn't covered under your warranty" crap? I'll never buy another domestic car again.....ever.
trixiestixxx

Houston, TX

#494 Jul 13, 2014
VtMom wrote:
2013 equinox caught on fire today. No warning light, check engine light at all. Was just inspected by the dealership that I bought it at one month a go. Three kids in the car as I frantically unbuckled them to get out. Burned our shed too. Any advice on what to do?
File a complaint with NHTSA. Call GM. Be prepared to 'play the game' if you will. Do your research and hold your ground with the dealership and document everything. Just be prepared because dealership and manufacturer employees are trained to make you go a little insane, they will tell you it's your fault, or maybe even that there never really was a 'fire'(sarcasm!).
I have a 2005 Equinox paid for in cash the day I drove it off the lot and it was (is) definitely a lemon. 3 months after I got it things started going downhill fast! I had a damn good case until the dealership started pulling tricky moves like not dating my repair invoice, improper documentation, distracting me so I wouldn't notice these things, claiming that I stole the loaner car, reporting they had to tow it from a mall parking lot (NEVER HAPPENED), filing a repair lien for $3,000 for 'repairs' that were under warranty, wouldn't give me car back until I signed some document (which I didn't), telling me they were going to "trade-out" my vehicle (sales tactic maneuver). I could go on. GM SHOULD BE ASHAMED! I will never buy a claimed to be American made car again.
trixiestixxx

Houston, TX

#495 Jul 13, 2014
JET wrote:
I have a 2011 Equinox LTZ and it's becoming a money pit! I bought it for the gas mileage - I easily travel 100 miles each day. I have over a 100,000 miles on this vehicle - so no warranty. Last October the truck went dead! It was the battery. The battery is well hidden and not where you think it would be. It was corroded and connections eaten up! This was a $250 charge. Back in February, after I would stop and then give the vehicle gas to take off, it wouldn't catch gear. The first of March, the dealer did a diagnostic test- it was the valve body! The transmission had to be dropped to replace the valve body! This was estimated at $1100 but GM foot half the bill. In less than 3 weeks after the transmission was dropped and the valve body replaced, the engine malfunction light comes on. ANOTHER diagnostic test is done, now it's the catalytic converter! The dealer has quoted $1500 to fix this ( but have someone else doing the work with GM parts for less) and was bluntly told not to contact GM about this issue, because GM wouldn't help! Makes me wonder if the dealership mechanic did something? I find it odd that in less than 3 weeks after having the transmission dropped and taken apart, the engine malfunction light comes on, and it's a costly repair! I knew I should have bought a Honda!
Nope, the dealership most likely isn't the scandalous one. It's the Equinox. The floodgates are now opened. I had the same issues. Your A/C, brakes, and wheel hub repairs should not be too far along. Ditch it now. I paid cash for my 2005 Equinox brand new and have spent probably $8,000 on it in the last 4-5 years after warranty ran out.
trixiestixxx

Houston, TX

#496 Jul 13, 2014
Jhawk81 wrote:
If you have gotten any answers please update this post we have just experienced our latest problem with our 10 Nox that began with the same symptoms and can't get it to cool properly. <quoted text>
Go to the NHTSA Technical Services website and look at all the service bulletins, safety issues, complaints, investigations. etc... It sounds like you might be having an issue with the EGR Valve (but I am not a mechanic). After your read up on these important things, then you take your car to the dealership.
trixiestixxx

Houston, TX

#497 Jul 13, 2014
Markbeth2003 wrote:
https://www.ownersite.com/tsb/tsbs.cfm/2010/C...
trixiestixxx

Houston, TX

#498 Jul 14, 2014
NEWS: GM recalling nearly 41,000 cars for potential fuel leaks, fire risks
http://www.lemonauto.com/complaints/gm/chevro...
trixiestixxx wrote:
<quoted text>
File a complaint with NHTSA. Call GM. Be prepared to 'play the game' if you will. Do your research and hold your ground with the dealership and document everything. Just be prepared because dealership and manufacturer employees are trained to make you go a little insane, they will tell you it's your fault, or maybe even that there never really was a 'fire'(sarcasm!).
I have a 2005 Equinox paid for in cash the day I drove it off the lot and it was (is) definitely a lemon. 3 months after I got it things started going downhill fast! I had a damn good case until the dealership started pulling tricky moves like not dating my repair invoice, improper documentation, distracting me so I wouldn't notice these things, claiming that I stole the loaner car, reporting they had to tow it from a mall parking lot (NEVER HAPPENED), filing a repair lien for $3,000 for 'repairs' that were under warranty, wouldn't give me car back until I signed some document (which I didn't), telling me they were going to "trade-out" my vehicle (sales tactic maneuver). I could go on. GM SHOULD BE ASHAMED! I will never buy a claimed to be American made car again.
trixiestixxx

Houston, TX

#499 Jul 14, 2014
I'm really concerned about all the Equinox complaints I'm reading about the key coming out of the ignition when driving. I am having the same issue and all the complaints I'm reading about this sounds very much like the issue with the key ignition recalls going on right now. I guess the "pre-GM Bailout" Equinoxes with this problem aren't really much of a concern as is the "Post-GM Bailout" Equinoxes.
Carrie C

Turlock, CA

#500 Aug 25, 2014
equinox toronto wrote:
<quoted text>I had the same problem the dealer replaced the sunroof module and now it works fine
Was it super expensive to fix? My is sunroof is stuck open!! Ugh I can't close it! I checked all of the fuses and nothing! I was going to take it to get it fixed, but just want to get a general idea!
mike

Yakima, WA

#501 Thursday Nov 27
Artie wrote:
You have to push down slightly on the gas pedal when you start it.
I have a '05 too and if you don't press on the pedal, it won't start.
Same problem here,then it revs up and comes back to idle
Henry4u

Toronto, Canada

#502 Monday Dec 1
2010 equinox heater doesn't work properly
Jenny

Norfolk, VA

#503 Thursday Dec 11
My center console inputs and outlets do not work...is this a fuse problem?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Equinox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chevy Equinox - PCM Root of Problems (May '08) Tue Jr E 135
2007 Chevy Equinox (Dec '06) Tue PaulJ 400
Turn Signal Question (Apr '10) Dec 13 Tony 02 8
Equinox having trouble starting (Aug '07) Dec 12 esco_mlo 200
2005 chevy equinox problems (Feb '10) Dec 12 GMAN 45
05 Equinox trouble (Sep '06) Dec 10 dissatisfied 220
Water Noise In Dash/Heater Core (2006 Equinox) (Apr '12) Dec 5 dds hamilton ohio 23
More from around the web