Equinox Central.com --- Owners have ...
Michelle

Cypress, TX

#461 Jan 28, 2014
I have a 2006 equinox and the onyl problem I had was overheating and I got it fixed but it stil smells every now and then I wanna know if theres anyway to get the smell gone. Also my headlights have water in them and are dirty how to fix this for good? Other than those minor problems that happen to any car you buy with time I love my equinox! I feel like alot of the complaints on here are normal things that go wrong with high mileage...yll all have either 2005 or 2006 so once ur at 100,000 milesyou have to start repairing and fixing things with any vehicle it seems like yall are just trying to complain...this car is wonderful!
Phantom Starter

Bluefield, WV

#462 Jan 30, 2014
Brandon wrote:
Your question: "I was washing my 2006 Chevrolet equinox' engine and afterwards the warning lights started flashing, it tried to start itself without a key in it, and the radio was on. What's wrong with my car?"
My 2006 Equinox did the same thing. I drove home, turned it off, walked to the porch with keys in my hand and it completely started on its own. My neighbor happened to be standing with me and witnessed this. Otherwise, I don't think anyone would have believed me. I got back in, put in the key and turned it back off. Now it also will not start without me tapping the gas. It does not or has not had a remoter started on it.
Effed Up

Concord, CA

#463 Feb 4, 2014
Unbelievable! My coworker has a 2005 Equinox and has had nothing but problems. The latest is that it rained over the weekend and somehow water worked its way to the inside drivers side floor. Not just a little either. So much water that it went into the back. It is sopping wet! I've never seen anything like it. I would never ever own one.
God angel

Hialeah, FL

#464 Feb 6, 2014
Gerry wrote:
My Nox is overheating, dont know why, changed thermo, water pump, no smoke from engine, but coolant keeps boiling back, HELP
God angel, check the passanger side on the floor if the carpet is wet if the answer is yes do a bypass it means your radiator heater is bad and to change that is a lo of money is better a bypass the bad thing is you not going to have heat on the car .
Elaine

Plattsburgh, NY

#466 Feb 17, 2014
Mike in LA wrote:
<quoted text>
I was having the same issue with rear floorboard being wet after rain. Checked in the spare tire well (under rear storage) and found standing water. I'm reading it may be a seal for rear taillight wiring, but I'm taking it in and will let you know.
My 2007Eqinox has same issues- water in spare tire well and saturated floor boards after rain. I took it to the dealer for repairs a few years ago but it still collects water in the spare tire well. I keep towels down inside the well to soak up water so my floor boards no longer get saturated. I have had a few other issues that may have been caused from this on-going problem. I had to replace the hatch struts because they rusted out. My rear window wiper motor has to either be replaced or there may be a problem with the ground to the rear wiper motor. I also just had the touch pad switch replaced in my hatch because it would not open. I think all of these issues could be caused by the water leakage. I think I need to contact GM with my complaints. Maybe we all should and eventually maybe this issue will be resolved so others don't have suffer the agonies we suffer.
Cocoa

Lawrenceville, GA

#467 Mar 2, 2014
Stabilitrack light on and truck loses power drops to 20 miles an hour and then stops. Why
Gary

Manassas, VA

#468 Mar 8, 2014
05 Equinox Owner wrote:
<quoted text>
Found our odor to be exhaust leaking from the EGR valve/tube. Since it was replaced, no more odor.
I found the same problem with my 2005 Equinox and tube to the EGR valve cracked and leaking exhaust fumes into the engine compartment. The dealer parts department told me the tube is no longer available and you need to purchase a Kit. Cost $360.00.
The kit contains a new EGR valve and pipe. This should be a recall item and covered under the the Emissions Warranty.
terry

United States

#469 Mar 10, 2014
chevy u got to do better these are some of the same issue of gm in the pass overheating transmission problems at 115000, cant pass emission.
hmng

United States

#470 Mar 12, 2014
Diane wrote:
Does anyone know the source of wet carpet on drivers side; it's not the heater core. I had that checked.9648
Drains from sunroof clog up and water runs down door pillars, may also have water dripping through overhead lights in headliner. Drain tubes for sunroof are too small.
Bob McLearen

Ijamsville, MD

#471 Mar 17, 2014
2014 BASE MODEL.
RIDES GREAT---GAS MILEAGE AS STATED (SO FAR)---REAR HEADRESTS BLOCK REAR VISION AND ARE NOT MADE TO REMOVE OR ADJUST. I WAS ABLE TO REMOVE MINE BY JUST USING TWO VERY SMALL SCREWDRIVERS (SUCK AS IN COMPUTER TOOL KIT) IN THE POST HOLES. THE PROBLEM IS THAT CHEVY WAS/IS TOO CHEAP TO SPEND THE $1-$4 THAT IT WOULD COST TO MAKE THEM ADJUSTABLE. THIS FIGURE IS FROM THE NATIONAL TRANSPORTATION SAFETY COMMISSION. CHEAP. ANOTHER THING IS THAT THEIR BOOKLET SAYS THE REAR SEAT RECLINES IN 3 POSITIONS, WHEREAS IT ONLY RECLINES IN 2. ADDITIONALLY, THIS VEHICLE DOES NOT HAVE REAR SEAT SEAT TENSIONERS LIKE THE FRONT SEAT HAS. AS I READ IT,THIS MEANS THAT THOSE IN THE BACK SEAT ARE NOT AS SAFE IN ACCIDENTS AS THOSE IN THE FRONT SEATS.
OTHER THAN THESE FEW PROBLEMS, IT IS A GREAT RIDE.
benson

United States

#472 Mar 28, 2014
My special lady has an equinox ( 07') and it keeps overheating..... I've replaced thermostat, flushed it out, the waterpump works the fan works. What's wrong?
lenin buitron

Toronto, Canada

#473 Mar 31, 2014
chevy car has had the power staring replaced. egr valved went on it replace it and then clean the throttle body it died after cleaning it .
my opion stay away from GM . purchase car new. took very good care. i have mechnical back ground had older cars run better then this new car.
problem with the engine light allway come up. some time just clean the power connect fix it. not happy with this car at all. the back door just went, other small problem air bag light problem.
ball bearing replacement. power stearing died and had to replace it cost 900 dollars .
SORRY I GOT A NOX

King George, VA

#474 Apr 4, 2014
I JS BOUHT A 06' NOX AND I ONLY HAD IT 30 DAYS,BAD CHOICE!I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE TANSMITTION LINE LEAKING NOW I HEREA SOUND LIKE WATER FLOWNG ON THE DRIVER SIDE ,I HERE A WISTLING NOISE DOES ANY OF THIS SOUND FAMILIAR TO ANYONE
Lisa

Bensalem, PA

#475 Apr 9, 2014
I bought a 2005 chevy equinox on 8/21/2012. As of november 20 my heads cracked with NO warning which than in turn broke my engine. I paid a couple thousand dollars to have a used engine put in (heads went at 103,000 miles). My car constanly pulls to the right and i have had it checked many times and have been told nothing is wrong. There is a ping noise that the new engine makes even though when the engine was just put in there we put new heads on that engine. My lights leak which i actually made the dealership put new headlights on the car. There is a weird smell coming from the engine which smells like burning wires and i was told there is nothing wrong. The car has trouble starting sometimes. I replaced the breaks and roaters several times and they need to be replaced again. If you hit a bump you hear this noise as if the windshield is breaking. This car is the worst. My 1998 nissan altima has beat this car out and it has almost 175,000 miles on it. I have put soo much money into this car. The new engine only has 64,000 miles on it. Wish i NEVER bought this car. Any ideas as to what the smell is and why it pulls and why it makes a ping sound??
Elsie

Scarborough, Canada

#476 Apr 14, 2014
got a 2014 equinox terrible flapping noise when i put my front windows down so much so i have to close the windows had it to the dealer this morning he said you have to crack the windows in the back so the air can circulate never had this problem with any other car i had anyone have this problem
Tom

Charleston, WV

#477 Apr 22, 2014
I bought my wife a 2013 Equinox, cause all the reviews where so good, well I think I messed up! I have a tapping sound in the engine when the oil is cold, an when car is started up, an warms up the tapping slowly goes away, well I took it to a "Certified" GM dealer, they said it's the timing chain an tensioner, so they replaced all those parts, an they call an tell me the car is ready to pick...well I get there an start the car an what do I hear, that damn tapping noise still! Just as bad as it was before they worked on it, well the service manager tells me that noise is suppose to be there after those parts are replaced, that's normal, so now I need help! What do I do? Is this grounds for a lawyer?
Sharon L Stearley

Terre Haute, IN

#479 Apr 27, 2014
I purchased a 2014 Chevrolet Equinox that was delivered to me on 2/27/14. I had no problems with the vehicle until I did not drive it from 4/17/14 until 4/25/14. This was a total of 8 days. I got in the car the morning of 4/25 and the battery was dead. I called the dealership where I purchased the vehicle and I was told that I needed to bring it to them for them to check it out. Needless to say because it would not start....I had to call AAA (glad I am a member) for them to come jump the vehicle. I went to the dealership and they checked it out...everything was fine. I was told that I need to drive it more often so that the battery will not go dead. I purchased the vehicle new because I wanted dependability. I am going to test the vehicle the next few weeks to see if this happens again. If so, the dealership and GM will be hearing from me.
ilovelucy

Corona, CA

#480 Apr 28, 2014
BFC2012 wrote:
I bought a Nox in March 2011. Ever since I have had it, it is a constant issue. From the timing chain breaking, car stalling while idling, things breaking VERY easily inside the vehicle, one recall, had to get new celenoids recently. Its rediculous!! And the bad part is, last time I took it in (car died on highway on my way to work)I spoke to the salesman that sold me the car (so nice & sweet when we were buying it) told me "its a piece of machinery, they just arent perfect" REALLY!!! its a new car idiot!! I would never reccomend this car to anyone. Way to many problems and the dealership could care less about it.
I got my Equinox in March 2011 and I have had same issues! Car has turned off several times! Now it's the transmission! I have a case number with GM motors but who knows what they will do! I am seriously thinking of trading for a honda
Shruti shrestha

The Colony, TX

#481 May 1, 2014
I bought chevy equinox 2012. Just after year it stopped starting with cranky noise. It flashes tire pressure monitor service. Tire pressure are good and checked with gauge. What a ridicule logic that engine wont start because f***** sensors. Who the idiot pass this law. Only way is to towed the car and spend $300 for it. I hate chevy and all its crapy product. learned big lesson. You cant start engine because of sensor. Dealers are making money by just setting and resetting. Sensor to warn us not to f*** in middle of journey.
Xanly

Scarborough, Canada

#482 May 5, 2014
I conquer!!!highly!!! break drum doesn't adjust automatically so front break pad/rotors goes bad easily...all the chromed moulding on the outside is falling apart (clips breaking 1 by 1 for no reason) this will be my first and last american made car ill stick with imports cheaper parts and last longer...
EQUINOXES ARE JUNK wrote:
I have owned a 2005 Equinox since May of 2004 - biggest piece of crap that I have ever owned.
I have replaced the following items in the 75K miles I have owned it: AC Compressor, head gaskets, thermostat, spark plugs and wires, both front door harnesses, 3 window motors, both rear trailing arms, both rear coil springs, both front struts, both front control arms, front sway arm end links (twice!) rear sway bar links, serpentine belt (have to unbolt the engine mounts in order to do that), headlight bulbs (5 times already!), it eats tires and front brakes & rotors like crazy (5 times for both), when the battery died, it ruined the 6 disc CD player, the rear carrier bearing seized up, the rear hatch struts failed, had to clean the throttle body 3 times so far, the coolant overflow canister was replaced twice, the front door checks were replaced twice, water pump replaced, thermostat, the coolant had to be flushed FOUR TIMES, I finally gave up on Dexcool and put the green stuff in, the ignition switch is slowly chewing up the ignition keys, the roof rack can no longer be adjusted fore and aft, water leaks into the headlights every time it rains, the steering shudders every time you have to turn it sharply, the delay on the wipers is extremely annoying & is practically in-adjustable, the rearward view is non-existent, the horn is practically inaudible to anyone outside of the vehicle, the seats had to be covered because they stain too easily and cannot possibly be cleaned, the steering column will need repaired soon, all of the coolant hoses were replaced TWICE, the $500.00 rear view mirror broke and cannot be repaired (only replaced), the transmission has five forward gears but can never seem to find the right gear to climb a steep hill, and I'm sure I've missed several other things. If I keep this car much longer, I imagine that every major part on it will be replaced.
Oh, and by the way, equinoxcentral.com appears to have been removed from the internet. It was a GM sponsored website designed to promote the vehicle, but turned into a complaint forum in the end because of the numerous problems the vehicle has had that GM isn't interested (or even capable) of addressing.
Because of this vehicle, I will never EVER purchase a GM vehicle again.
JUNK, JUNK, JUNK, JUNK !!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Equinox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Equinox having trouble starting (Aug '07) 11 hr Shanesparky 234
next to no power Apr 14 tiredofproblmz 1
2007 Equinox ignition key not releasing like it... (Aug '10) Apr 14 Cathleen 130
2006 Chevy Equinox heater blows cool air? (May '08) Apr 8 Jeff 755
Need help please... Apr 6 Shoyt69 1
2010 equinox bad ecm & recent recall item (Feb '10) Apr 6 Renee 15
Equinox air conditioner (Apr '08) Apr 6 Renee 295
More from around the web