Equinox Central.com --- Owners have ...
warden

Houston, TX

#441 Sep 24, 2013
Cheryll wrote:
I have a 2006 Equinox which I bought new in 2006. I only have had one problem and wonder if anyone has had the same trouble. The battery goes dead if left parked for about 5 - 7 days. When I was working full time I never had trouble because it never sat that long !! Now that I am retired it is a real problem. I have had it to the dealer three times and paid a lot of money for them to tell me that my radio is drawing on the battery even when the ignition is off. Their solution -- replace the radio for $800.00 +. I cannot afford that so I took to fuse out and that has solved the draw BUT now I have no interior lights when the door is opened and some of the warning beeps do not work and of course I have no radio or CD player so this is not a good solution. Has anyone else had this problem?
you probably have same problem I do. it turns its lights on draining the battery. trying to find out how to fix this myself.
Countee

Europe

#442 Oct 6, 2013
2006 chevy equinox the ignition locked after two hours of trying to get it started the key became briitle and broke off in the ignition. leaving me standled with my wife and one yard old baby to fend for ourselves in a parking garage for six hours until we could find a tow company that would agree to pick us up allowing all three of us to ride in the front we have recently relocated to Phoenix Az so we have no family or friends to depend on. Reading all the the consumers reports it's hard for me to understand why this problem hasn't been reacalled so that it could have been fixed I am now without a car to get to work and a
added expense of getting it fixed.
Thanks for nothing Elijah
bryan283

Mckeesport, PA

#443 Oct 15, 2013
My daughter has a 2005 equinox and I am the extended warranty. We have had problems with the electrical system as in no power steering, gauges not working etc. The first time this happened, had it put on computer. Results were battery. Replaced that 3 months ago. Well today it had to be towed home with same problems. Any ideas?
Heidi

Lynnwood, WA

#444 Oct 15, 2013
I have a 2010 equinox and have had to bring it back to the dealership several times. The first was that when I would turn right it would tell me the airbags needed service. I had to bring it in twice for this issue. The other was that the engine pings so the dealership changed the timing chain. Now air will not blow out the windshield vents for defrosting so I can't see very well. Apparently my vin number is not included in the recall for this problem and I have read of other people having this problem as well and having to pay $1000 to $1200 to repair the air blend door. The part is on $55 but the labor is high because they have to remove the entire dash to fix it only to put the same defective part in to break again.
This car is a pile of ****
Gerry

Brooklyn, NY

#445 Oct 18, 2013
My Nox is overheating, dont know why, changed thermo, water pump, no smoke from engine, but coolant keeps boiling back, HELP
Stephanie

Noblesville, IN

#446 Nov 3, 2013
AaronsCreeker wrote:
Ok... My belt tensioner broke and cause my Nox to overheat, blow a head gasket... we tore it down changed the front(left) head and changed head gaskets ... put all back together.. now we have a very loud ticking noise, when you give it the gas the sound gets louder... tore it back down again..cant find anything wrong.... Whats up with that... Have any clue????
The same ticking is occurring with my 05 Equinox after we just replaced the head gaskets. Also heavy white smoke from exhaust. What did you find out about yours?
dgminer

Gettysburg, PA

#447 Nov 10, 2013
My 2011 Equinox liftgate pops open even when locked. If I don't have it turned off it will open all the way. I'm wondering if it is a sensor but think that would be more likely to cause problems opening and closing, not responding. Cannot thing of anything that would cause it to unlock and open on its own. Any ideas?
Brooks

Montross, VA

#448 Nov 11, 2013
JMP wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever found out where this is located??
.... I dont think thats the problem MY CAR WAS DOING THE SAME THING BEFORE IT STARTED RUNNING HOT THEN THE CRACKED HEAD !
Brooks

Montross, VA

#449 Nov 11, 2013
IT'S A PIECE OF JUNK ! WITH ALL THESE PROBLEMS YOU WOULD THINK SOMEONE WOULD STEP UP AND MAKE THIS CRAP RIGHT !!! I'VE HAD LOUD RATTLING NOISE IN MINE SINCE I BOUGHT IT, IT'S ONE PROBLEM AFTER THE OTHER. I JUST HAD THE FRONT AND BACK END ALINGED AND PUT NEW TIRES ON THREE MONTHS AGO NOW THE FRONT TIRES ARE WORN AND THE BACK TIRE ARE SHOT !WATER IN THE HEAD LIGHTS SO THEY KEEP BLOWING ,PRAISE GOD I DONT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY SUNROOF, BUT ONE OF MY CO WORKERS DO .THING IS A TIME BOMB !!! JUST WAITING TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.
Brooks

Montross, VA

#450 Nov 11, 2013
Gerry wrote:
My Nox is overheating, dont know why, changed thermo, water pump, no smoke from engine, but coolant keeps boiling back, HELP
THATS HOW MINE STARTED, YOU HAVE A CRACKED HEAD !!!SOON YOU WILL HEAR WHAT SOUNDS LIKE WATER RUNNING UNDER THE DASH.
Lisa Mounkes

Nashville, TN

#451 Nov 12, 2013
Have a 2006 Nox, had to replace the cracked head last October. Now in for brake issues. Caliphers are locking up and this has caused problems with the hydralics and now have to have that replaced. The repair shop said the brake issues have been common to the Nox so why haven't I heard of it before?
Amy

Mount Vernon, OH

#452 Nov 16, 2013
beck wrote:
I have a 2006 equinox that has started acting up when starting. It spits and sputters then after going down the road it's fine. I have a tune up down and put all kind of gas treatments in. Nothing seems to work. Anyone else have this problem. Also, there's a knocking noise coming from the right rear end. Any suggestions.
Wow! Sounds like the same thing I've been dealing with. The occasional knocking sound, the engine light flashing. I've had diagnostics run on it twice and they told me it was a #5 misfire so I had all wires and plugs changed, air filter changed, fuel treatments and the engine light is still flashing. Did you ever find out what was wrong with it?
Darin

Canada

#453 Nov 18, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
I have the same problem. Did you ever find out how?
I just did mine. Had a bit of trouble with it also. After the screws are removed slide a knife or flat head under the cover and just lightly pry up on it the seal should let go. when I replaced it I just put a little bead of gasket compound around it to keep water out. Best of luck
Becky

Westborough, MA

#454 Nov 27, 2013
Has anyone had problems like this? I just replaced my battery ... This morning (it's pouring) the radio was flashing on and off and then really loud knocking sounds which sounded like the speakers... Radio kept coming on the the loud knocking... Ten shut off completely. And still heard the loud knocking sound from the speaker. It sounded like I was going to blow up !!! Never happened before ... Only when I needed a new battery ... Car was still running fine ...
2006 nox .. 128k mikes
Foolish Buyer

Meadville, PA

#455 Dec 4, 2013
I just bought a 2005 Chevy Equinox AWD LS a month ago and the drive shaft broke and fell down and I almost wrecked .I wish I would of bought a foreign vehicle I would feel much safer...
brooks

United States

#456 Dec 5, 2013
Wow ! foolish buyer . Thank God no one was hurt !
Stevie

United States

#457 Jan 2, 2014
I have had issues with my heater not getting hot unless I was driving -the air will not get hot while idling. I had the radiator blown out and new coolant put in, and had a new blower relay put in because the air wouldnt blow very high. Three days later I was driving to work and noticed the air was blowing cold, noticed that the water light was on then noticed that the thermostat needle was at the red line. I immediately pulled over and turned the car off. Both the water and coolant were full. When roadside assistance came the car had full power but was dead and wouldnt turn over.

I'm waiting for feedback on what the issue is, but preparing for the worst !! Any thoughts on what might be the issue ???
loni

Vancouver, Canada

#458 Jan 5, 2014
Sarah from GA wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have your heater on when you first start it up? All my friends who have cracked wind shields have said they had the heat on and something about the sudden temp change cracking the window cause of the defrost or something. I make sure my air and heat are off before I start mine and never have gotten a cracked window yet but I don't know. I know the only problems we have had from our Noxy has been the AC Delco battery died on me one day at the gas station but we put in an ever start and that fixed it and one of the O2 sensors was going out but a $40 part and less than an hour of hubby's time fixed that. As for the smell alot of people are experiancing it could very well be that unless you bought the car NEW it might be a flood car. That happens alot since Katrina and that would be why the places your taking it can't figure out why it smells since they themselves might be unaware of that too.

I have a 2008 equinox. My windshield cracks within a week (with no rock chips)everytime I replace it. Its been a month and a half since my last replacment and I have 3 hairline cracks coming from the top, the bottom and the driver side... this was the same isseue I had the last times. Wondering anyone else has the same problems.
wv area

Ravenswood, WV

#459 Jan 5, 2014
mine just went to the shop today replaced thermostat still no heat took it to the dealership they said the blend door is broke and now I have to pay 1000 dollars to get it fixed cant drive it without no heat I should of never bought this car biggest piece of junk I ever owned and its a money pit im buying something else when I get my taxes and this will become my new yard ornament to look at it I wont even sell it because I don't want no one else to have the same problems junk junk junk
not a equinox buyer now

Junction City, KS

#460 Jan 25, 2014
holy @#%& im glad i didnt just go buy this 08 me and my wife were looking at had the trc service light and stability trc service probably a few others also sounds like a waste of 8 grand

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Equinox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
radio won't turn off! (Mar '14) 10 hr Radio 2
sound goes off when receiving and calling, usin... 18 hr 77truck 1
2016 equinox using coolant on the v6 @80.000 mi... Jun 22 mario57 1
EQuinox Jun 21 Dean Gammon Sr 2
Chevy Equinox - PCM Root of Problems (May '08) Jun 18 tinygemini85 153
2010 equinox bad ecm & recent recall item (Feb '10) Jun 18 nomorechevy 10
Engine Misfire/Sputter (Jan '11) Jun 18 EmBal25 118
More from around the web