Shunzet

Birmingham, AL

#402 Nov 5, 2012
2005 Chevy equinox makes taping noise when given gas
Wonderl00p

Oklahoma City, OK

#403 Nov 27, 2012
elaine wrote:
i have a 2006 equinox lt-anyone hearing strange noise when turning steerin wheel, especially to the right?????
I'm having this same issue with my 2010 equinox right now....
Darrell

Marysville, OH

#404 Dec 9, 2012
Principal wrote:
I have a 2006 equinox and my check engine light comes on along with the traction control light. When this occurs, the car slips out of gear and does not accelerate. The only fix is to turn it off and start it again. Yesterday I had to re-start 6 times to travel 3 miles. I've bee to the dealer 3 times and they haven't a clue what is wrong.
our 2006 is doing the same thing ..
Tony

Franklin, LA

#405 Dec 10, 2012
I own a 2007 Chevrolt Equinox and my radio wont go off after I stop and open the door like it use too. can can anyone tell me what kind of sensor or where its located to correct this problem.
AaronsCreeker

Oakvale, WV

#406 Jan 4, 2013
Ok... My belt tensioner broke and cause my Nox to overheat, blow a head gasket... we tore it down changed the front(left) head and changed head gaskets ... put all back together.. now we have a very loud ticking noise, when you give it the gas the sound gets louder... tore it back down again..cant find anything wrong.... Whats up with that... Have any clue????
Danny

St. John's, Canada

#407 Jan 11, 2013
Brenna wrote:
<quoted text>
YES, my 2007 equinox does that, when we have a large down pour and/or go thru puddles...
Yes! Mine is exactly the same, going through water puddles on pouring rain days.....still don't know why, dealer doesn't know.
james w

Chaska, MN

#408 Jan 17, 2013
ANGELA MANSFIELD TEXAS wrote:
My friend has a 2005 Nox that she wants to sell me with 100,000 miles. Not sure of problems but I know she had to have the AC worked on. She wants 5500.00 for it. is this a good inveatment?
save your money> do NOT buy that POS!!!
Robin W

Los Angeles, CA

#409 Jan 18, 2013
My 2006 Chevy Equinox caught fire last week while I was driving on the freeway. By the time i got to the shoulder it was engulfed in flames. Total loss. Prior to the fire nothing was wrong with it at all!! Anyone out there have similar problem??
Robin W

Los Angeles, CA

#410 Jan 18, 2013
Tony wrote:
I own a 2007 Chevrolt Equinox and my radio wont go off after I stop and open the door like it use too. can can anyone tell me what kind of sensor or where its located to correct this problem.
its a sensor in the door- i took my 2006 in and they repaired it
Nightdens

El Cajon, CA

#411 Jan 26, 2013
beck wrote:
I have a 2006 equinox that has started acting up when starting. It spits and sputters then after going down the road it's fine. I have a tune up down and put all kind of gas treatments in. Nothing seems to work. Anyone else have this problem. Also, there's a knocking noise coming from the right rear end. Any suggestions.
Check your EGR a little cleaning that's easy to do might do the trick. It cycles air back in to the intake I noticed loss of power at 30-40mph after a little cleaning ran fine.
annie

Bethel Park, PA

#412 Feb 6, 2013
Meg wrote:
This morning it was -2 degrees when I started my 2010 Equinox. First, the remote start would not work. The lights blinked but that was it. I manually started the vehicle with no problem - battery turned over immediatley. However, my radio is not working. I can listen to my satellite service but not AM/FM radio. Is anyone else having this problem?
yes mine does the same now was driving to work headlights went out
annie

Bethel Park, PA

#413 Feb 6, 2013
yes meg my radio does the same and now was driving to work and headlights went out
annie

Bethel Park, PA

#414 Feb 6, 2013
Meg wrote:
This morning it was -2 degrees when I started my 2010 Equinox. First, the remote start would not work. The lights blinked but that was it. I manually started the vehicle with no problem - battery turned over immediatley. However, my radio is not working. I can listen to my satellite service but not AM/FM radio. Is anyone else having this problem?
hello did you every get this fixed???? can i email you
Brandon

Oklahoma City, OK

#415 Feb 10, 2013
Your question: "I was washing my 2006 Chevrolet equinox' engine and afterwards the warning lights started flashing, it tried to start itself without a key in it, and the radio was on. What's wrong with my car?"
leeb

League City, TX

#416 Mar 15, 2013
Mike wrote:
I have an '05 Equinox that i purchesed used. The only problem that i have had is starting. Once in a while, it just won't turn over. Pleanty of cranking power, but no fuel it seems. At first i thought the problem had something to do with the passive anti theft system, because i would lock and arm the system, then disarm it and it would start. Then my mechanic said maybe the ignition wasn't recognizing the chip in the key and the next time i should try the spare key. That didn't work either. He also checked for any codes in the system, nothing there either. We are now thinking it has something to do with the fuel pump perhaps not holding preasure in the line. I turned to the forum to see if anyone has had or is having the same problem.
My wife's had the same problem sometimes at start up. There was lot of build up in the throttle body. Cleaned it out with some carb cleaner. Now it starts fine everytime.
Tina--orwell ny

Central Square, NY

#417 Mar 24, 2013
wait to you feel you are building a car lots of parts wiring carrring bearing rear end -4, head gasket, etc. so sick of this car,
Joe

United States

#418 Mar 28, 2013
Have a 2005 equinox which I purchased in 2007 with 36,000 miles on it 50,000 miles later I had to replace the head gasket was cost me over thousand dollars 10,000 miles later I had to replace the fuel pump was also cost over thousand dollars Always had trouble with start ups 100,000 miles started jerking and slowing down as I drive I'm at 150,000 miles now scared to take it to the shop because I'm afraid it might cost me more than $1000 i thought i was getting a really reliable chevy should give every their money back but we no thats not gonna happen
sandra

Zwolle, LA

#419 Apr 25, 2013
could anyone please tell me where the a/c evaporator is on my 2005 chevy equinox. I can hear water sloshing under my dash and I was told it might me my a/c drain is stopped up
Kelly

AOL

#420 May 2, 2013
nathan pearce wrote:
battery location
battery under hood hiden under a cover on the pass. side

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Equinox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Equinox air conditioner (Apr '08) Aug 21 marcie holden 272
2007 Equinox ignition key not releasing like it... (Aug '10) Aug 17 Maggie 96
Putting 08 equinox 3.4 engine into 05 equinox w... Aug 8 DMoore 1
Engine Misfire/Sputter (Jan '11) Aug 8 Ryan 86
Equinox 2006 Battery Issues Aug 6 Sura 1
2006 Chevy Equinox heater blows cool air? (May '08) Aug 4 Rachel 703
2007 Chevrolet Equinox Aug 4 2007 Equinox 3

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••