Equinox Central.com --- Owners have ...
Anitra

Watertown, NY

#21 Feb 26, 2007
Has anyone had problems with stains on the seats from just rain ir snow hitting it?
motrent

Aurora, IN

#22 Mar 2, 2007
Slow Starter wrote:
Anyone had any problems with the starter in their Equinox. I'm on my third one and still having problems.
I have had mine in the shop 4 times for starting problems, the put in a new fuel pump, and reprogrammed the computer. Still not fixed.
Jim from IN

Fort Wayne, IN

#23 Mar 8, 2007
Anitra wrote:
Has anyone had problems with stains on the seats from just rain ir snow hitting it?
Yes! I've told my wife the exact same thing! Water staining on the fabric (gray) seats from rain,snow, etc. Horrible fabric! Also check your spare tire well in the trunk, we found 2 gallons of water sloshing aroung from a trim leak somewhere on roof.

Since: Jan 07

Reno, NV

#24 Mar 8, 2007
Anitra wrote:
Yes, real bad. How about a rattle from the back door or window area?
Ro Cieri

Buffalo, NY

#25 Mar 26, 2007
Slow Starter wrote:
Anyone had any problems with the starter in their Equinox. I'm on my third one and still having problems.
What do you mean slow starter? Does your car click several times when turning the key; kind of like the engine not engaging??
Windshield

Wilmington, DE

#26 Mar 27, 2007
Anitra wrote:
I have a 2005 equinox, I have not exsperienced problems with odor, I have had problems with the winshield cracking repeatedly. Has any one had this same problem.
My winshield is crack too with no sign of impact. I'm having a hard time getting them to replace it on warranty. They say that the body of this car is not too rigid and a bump on the road may have cause it.
Principal

Monroeville, PA

#27 Apr 3, 2007
I have a 2006 equinox and my check engine light comes on along with the traction control light. When this occurs, the car slips out of gear and does not accelerate. The only fix is to turn it off and start it again. Yesterday I had to re-start 6 times to travel 3 miles. I've bee to the dealer 3 times and they haven't a clue what is wrong.
Mike in LA

Des Moines, IA

#28 Apr 3, 2007
motrent wrote:
<quoted text>I have had mine in the shop 4 times for starting problems, the put in a new fuel pump, and reprogrammed the computer. Still not fixed.
Yes, I have a 2005 and one out of every 10 times I try to start it, the engine turns over but doesn't start. then I crank it up again and it works.

also I have the problem where my radiator fluid is turning brown, trying to get someone to replace the radiator hose (anyone have a part #?)

Bummer...
nathan pearce

Canada

#29 Apr 7, 2007
where is the battery located ???????
nathan pearce

Canada

#30 Apr 7, 2007
any body know where the battery is located
nathan pearce

Canada

#31 Apr 7, 2007
battery location
mastermind

Pompano Beach, FL

#32 Apr 13, 2007
07 nox, Well I just bought one have 13k on it already and honestly its the worst vehicle ive owned in a long time, From the crappy handeling because of the cheap tires the put on it to the clunk in the rear. Its been to the dealer 5 times and each time its another story. Extended warrante,, Ya right I got 100k platinum B2B and they still want to charge me for stuff thats supposed to be covered. Never again will I trust the nox..

Since: Apr 07

Garland, TX

#33 May 3, 2007
They didnt fix my car, i had to take it back the within a week, it rained and the wheel well filed up with water again, but i found out that the body shop has drilled some drain hole in the well wheel at the bottom so the water would drain out, so once again im with out my dream car that I saved for a yeat to get, bad dream!!!. dont know when i get my car back, but it going to run here in dFW area on tuesday, and again it will fill up with water, Dont you just love buying new cars. Oh yeah this is my first and only new car off the lot. Now I having problems with my remote working all the time. My doors will lock but the horn dosent chrip with it dont know, but i guess it back to the dealership.!!!!
becky_o_neal

United States

#34 May 5, 2007
I own a 2005 Chevy Equinox. I bought it new in May 2005. It is going on 2 yrs old now and I have to drive around in a car that has a sunroof however, as of right now and even probably into the near future, I can not use my sunroof. Last week I had my sunroof open. I closed it when I went into a store and then came back out and it wouldnt open up. Made an appt with the dealership and they tore the thing apart and had it for 8 hrs. I got a call to come pick it up b/c they were unable to fix the problem. Evidentally, GM has built this sunroof in Chevy Equinox's, Pontiac Torrents and Saturn Vues that the timing adjustment gets out of wack and GM has NO IDEA how to fix it. The dealership I took it too said that 2 1/2 months prior they had another 2005 Equinox with the same problem and it is still not fixed. I called GM when I got home and basically was told well sorry our engineers are working to find a solution....so anyways, I now get to drive around in my $30,0000.00 SUV that I cant open and enjoy my sunroof. I can honestly say that I pretty much done with GM cars. My dad worked for GM and retired after 42 yrs and is embarrassed that he represents this company who basically told a customer too bad....I know I may only be one in a million of their customers, but it is coming down to losing the rest of my families business too.
equinox toronto

Innisfil, Canada

#35 May 10, 2007
becky_o_neal wrote:
I own a 2005 Chevy Equinox. I bought it new in May 2005. It is going on 2 yrs old now and I have to drive around in a car that has a sunroof however, as of right now and even probably into the near future, I can not use my sunroof. Last week I had my sunroof open. I closed it when I went into a store and then came back out and it wouldnt open up. Made an appt with the dealership and they tore the thing apart and had it for 8 hrs. I got a call to come pick it up b/c they were unable to fix the problem. Evidentally, GM has built this sunroof in Chevy Equinox's, Pontiac Torrents and Saturn Vues that the timing adjustment gets out of wack and GM has NO IDEA how to fix it. The dealership I took it too said that 2 1/2 months prior they had another 2005 Equinox with the same problem and it is still not fixed. I called GM when I got home and basically was told well sorry our engineers are working to find a solution....so anyways, I now get to drive around in my $30,0000.00 SUV that I cant open and enjoy my sunroof. I can honestly say that I pretty much done with GM cars. My dad worked for GM and retired after 42 yrs and is embarrassed that he represents this company who basically told a customer too bad....I know I may only be one in a million of their customers, but it is coming down to losing the rest of my families business too.
I had the same problem the dealer replaced the sunroof module and now it works fine
Death Rattle

New York, NY

#36 May 11, 2007
We just took our 2005 equinox in to the dealership. They had to take the whole back apart and discovered it is (pardon my inability to remember the names of any of these part) some kind of loose nob; which was tearing up some important part of the interior of the body. They have to order this whole new part and we have to wait a week. If we hadn't had the warranty it would have cost thousands of dollars. So if you have the death rattle TAKE IT IN and make them fix it before your warranty runs out!!!!!!
angie

Charlotte, NC

#37 May 11, 2007
I have been having the exact same problem. Taking mine back for the nineth time next week. My traction control actually comes on when it happens.
equinox toronto

Barrie, Canada

#38 May 16, 2007
I have 2005 equinox, when my windows are closed and my sunroof is open. I get a vibrating noise in the vehicle that hurts your ears the dealer says that is normal does anyone have the same problem.
rusty mullins

AOL

#39 May 17, 2007
I have a 2005 Equinox (50K miles) and I am having problems with antifreeze smell and fumes coming inside. There seems to a be a "secret" warrenty on this. If you complain of the smell then they will flush the anitfreeze and install all new hoses. This they tell me is because when the engine was made, they used acid to etch the engine and did not flush it out afterwords. The antifreeze mixes with the acid and turns black and smells pretty bad. I have also had to pay to replace the heater core twice within 15K miles because of the acid eating it up. This is not covered in the warrenty. I am not happy about this either and am ready to take some sort of legal action.
Weird_Start

AOL

#40 May 21, 2007
Hello,

I just got a 2005 Chevy Equinox. When I started it at first, it was fine. Started right up. Now, sometimes, not all the time, it sounds like it is having a hard time starting up. So, when it sounds like it is having a hard time starting (eight seconds at the most) I hit the gas and it starts right up. Is this the starter? Is a starter and a starter motor the same thing? My warranty stays a "starter motor" is covered. I'll take anyone's help! THANKS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Equinox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Equinox having trouble starting (Aug '07) Sat no1nana 206
Chevy Equinox - PCM Root of Problems (May '08) May 28 stacey 142
2008 Ac button keeps flashing May 28 Mo_jimenez1 1
News GM's Exec. Chief Engineer For Electric Vehicles... May 23 Solarman 1
2005 chevy equinox problems (Feb '10) May 20 Tina 60
Equinox air conditioner (Apr '08) May 18 jake 280
Engine Misfire/Sputter (Jan '11) May 15 crystal 103
More from around the web