Sarah from GA

United States

#301 Jan 5, 2011
Anitra wrote:
I have a 2005 equinox, I have not exsperienced problems with odor, I have had problems with the winshield cracking repeatedly. Has any one had this same problem.
Do you have your heater on when you first start it up? All my friends who have cracked wind shields have said they had the heat on and something about the sudden temp change cracking the window cause of the defrost or something. I make sure my air and heat are off before I start mine and never have gotten a cracked window yet but I don't know. I know the only problems we have had from our Noxy has been the AC Delco battery died on me one day at the gas station but we put in an ever start and that fixed it and one of the O2 sensors was going out but a $40 part and less than an hour of hubby's time fixed that. As for the smell alot of people are experiancing it could very well be that unless you bought the car NEW it might be a flood car. That happens alot since Katrina and that would be why the places your taking it can't figure out why it smells since they themselves might be unaware of that too.
2006 Equinox owner

Broken Arrow, OK

#302 Jan 9, 2011
equinox toronto wrote:
I have 2005 equinox, when my windows are closed and my sunroof is open. I get a vibrating noise in the vehicle that hurts your ears the dealer says that is normal does anyone have the same problem.
Yes I do but found if I slightly open all four of the door windows, while driving with the sunroof open, it reduces or eliminates the wind buffeting that is hurting your ears.

I do not recomend driving highway speeds with the sunroof open.
joyce of little rock ar

North Little Rock, AR

#303 Jan 11, 2011
vicki wrote:
Has anyone lost power while driving, the engine gets real loud like the muffler just fell off and there is not umpf - no warning lights come on at all. dealer cannot duplicate this - only does it in the rain..
i have had problems with car going dead while driving and it takes a while for it to start back up
joyk

Saint Paul, MN

#304 Jan 13, 2011
I have had this problem, the dealership has replaced an ignition switch...that didnt work, then a relay board that didnt work, then the fuse box...I got it back from them again last night and it failed on the freeway today. I nearly was rear ended. I am afraid to put my children in the car.
Meg

Connellsville, PA

#305 Jan 22, 2011
This morning it was -2 degrees when I started my 2010 Equinox. First, the remote start would not work. The lights blinked but that was it. I manually started the vehicle with no problem - battery turned over immediatley. However, my radio is not working. I can listen to my satellite service but not AM/FM radio. Is anyone else having this problem?
Amie

North Vancouver, Canada

#306 Jan 25, 2011
Anitra wrote:
I have a 2005 equinox, I have not exsperienced problems with odor, I have had problems with the winshield cracking repeatedly. Has any one had this same problem.
YES!!! It was the dealership. The crack was not there before I dropped it off! In the end I complained enough to get it fixed.
Andrew

Stamford, CT

#307 Jan 31, 2011
I have a 2005 chevy equinox. My tranission recently developed a problem. When putting the car into reverse it takes a few seconds before the engine goes into reverse. Then once in drive the engine will accelerate normally for a second or two but after that it stops accelerating and the rpm raises rapidly as if the car has shifted into neutral. Becuase of this problem i can't drive the car anymore. Has anyone had this problem or know what may be wrong? Or have any suggestions about this? Thanks.
another bad equinox

Nazareth, PA

#308 Feb 5, 2011
wow so many problems with this suv wow its like a never ending comedy show,,,,,,,,,,,,gm and the dealers who sell them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, thank you for another great american car........... wait this just in another equinox problem lol
Danny

Buffalo, NY

#309 Feb 11, 2011
My 5 week old 2011 Equinox had a dead battery after sitting for only 6 days without being used(nothing was left on!)
Carla Elwell

Philadelphia, PA

#310 Feb 17, 2011
My 2006 Chevy Equinox that I purchased new caught on fire today! The car was off and parked. It looks like the fire originated in the center console area. Has anyone heard of a similar problem? I am baffled and in shock.
dave

Pulaski, WI

#311 Feb 26, 2011
We purchased a 2010 Chevy Equinox and it's been in the shop for 2 months , they replaced the transmission {had metal shaven in it}. they replaced other part with used parts!{lol] not so funny ! And it still does not shift right when cold.
Becky Jurgerson

Des Plaines, IL

#312 Mar 6, 2011
Bought a 2007 Equinox in July. Two weeks ago water in the spare tire well and stabilitrak light came on. Had both fixed for over $500. Now the stabilitrac light is back on, in just two friggin weeks. Think this is just a cash cow for Gm
MadPlace

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#313 Mar 14, 2011
joyce of little rock ar wrote:
<quoted text>
i have had problems with car going dead while driving and it takes a while for it to start back up
I have a 2005 and it just started doing this. Have had it at the auto shop for two days and they can find nothing wrong. Thought it might be a 'worn key' so I used the spare over the weekend and today. Car was fine until on my way home and it stalled again.
Danielle

South Elgin, IL

#314 Mar 25, 2011
I purchased a BRAND NEW 2011 Equinox about 5 months ago.. Its had been in the shop for the 5th time for a number of issues. The first one was that the car stearing wheel would lock up and the ingnition would shut off if you tried to make a sharp turn going left or right. They claimed that problem was an ignition problem and said they "fixed" it. The second issue is that the heat keeps failing. It will work for a day or two then for no reason it will go out and the car starts blowing out ice cold air! This is the 3rd time for the same issue ive had to bring it in. I purchased a NEW vechicle because I didnt want the hassles of having a used car in the shop all the time and I am spending more time in rentals then I have in my own car!!! I would highly discourge anyone to purchase this car unless you like to wasting your time and engery on making trips back and forth to the dealership.. The only positive thing is that the dealership is being very helpful in trying to resolve my issues its not their fault they sell crappy cars!
Danielle

South Elgin, IL

#315 Mar 25, 2011
Danny wrote:
My 5 week old 2011 Equinox had a dead battery after sitting for only 6 days without being used(nothing was left on!)
Danny are you experiancing any other issues with your 2011?? I havent had the dead battery issue but have had several other issues with mine such as the ignition cutting off while trying to make a sharp turn and the heat keeps going out. Most of the posts im seeing are for 2010's so was wondering if anyone else is having as many problems with their 2011 as I am?
OLEG

Canada

#316 Mar 29, 2011
MediaMan wrote:
Taking Chevy to court. I have had so many problems with the Suquinox. Engine, electrical, body, you name it. I just feel bad for those who are past the Lemon statutes. I drove all Hondas before this, it's no wonder American car companies are hurting so bad. If the CRV had this reputation, Honda would pull it.
LOL
my wife have 2008 CRV. less than 40000km
gear box changed,all bulbs changed,drive shaft changed, air compressor was chaged! and many more. everything under warranty! but i think the guy that will buy it will hate it like we are! a and to thous how will say that we was out of luck, my cousin had 2007 CRV nightmare!
OLEG

Canada

#317 Mar 29, 2011
Carla Elwell wrote:
My 2006 Chevy Equinox that I purchased new caught on fire today! The car was off and parked. It looks like the fire originated in the center console area. Has anyone heard of a similar problem? I am baffled and in shock.
99% of fire in cars is because off broken hands installers. some times if you have china made light sigaret charger and so on. they are overloading the wires!
Cheryl

Loysville, PA

#318 Apr 11, 2011
recently bought a 2005 equinox and have to have the rear end replaced already anybody else have AWD problems
Courtney_Ohio

Chillicothe, OH

#319 Apr 16, 2011
I have a 2005 Chevy Equinox. Its the biggest piece of junk I have ever owned. I will never buy another Chevy as long as I live. I am on my third starter. My starter sticks. I have just got it replaced and it is sticking again, no matter what brand of starter i have put on it still does it. My windshield cracked extremely easily, and the grey seats stain when it comes in contact with water. I cant find any cleaner that will not leave rings on the seat. Also my wheel wells are rusting, and right now the engine is blown, due to the oil pump going out in the engine, and the engine/oil light didnt come on until after the damage was done. I hate chevy and will get rid of this liability as soon as I can. I advise everyone to stay away from a chevy. Id love to buy American cars, but they are junk. Honda and Toyota here I come !
Dissapointed Chevy Lover

Kerman, CA

#320 Apr 25, 2011
I purchased My Nox brand new in 05. Within a couple of months I had to replace the windshield. A VERY SMALL pepple hit it and cracked it fom top to bottom! A few more months down the road, samething. Also everytime the ac was on. A mildewy odor blew out the vents. I took it to a local Chevy dealer numerous times to see if they could locate this smell. Never happened. Now 2010 rolls around. I finally pay the thing off and my bumper to bumper warranty runs out. Started having problems with my ac. At idle it blows 10-15 degrees warmer then while truck is moving. I had my ac fully serviced and it DID NOT change. I took it to another ASE certified mechanic. He said everything is working properly. He was dumbfounded. I told him, I would do some research. He said the samething. Only to find out that this is a common unknown problem with the Equinox. Through all this headache. My Nox had blown a head gasket. I just had those replaced at 92,000 miles. But still no solution to my ac. Oh, I failed to mention. I just had my 3rd windshield installed last week. This vehicle is a MONEY PIT!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Equinox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chevy Equinox - PCM Root of Problems (May '08) Tue Jr E 135
2007 Chevy Equinox (Dec '06) Dec 16 PaulJ 400
Turn Signal Question (Apr '10) Dec 13 Tony 02 8
Equinox having trouble starting (Aug '07) Dec 12 esco_mlo 200
2005 chevy equinox problems (Feb '10) Dec 12 GMAN 45
05 Equinox trouble (Sep '06) Dec 10 dissatisfied 220
Water Noise In Dash/Heater Core (2006 Equinox) (Apr '12) Dec 5 dds hamilton ohio 23
More from around the web