Equinox Central.com --- Owners have posted lots of problems

Posted in the Chevrolet Equinox Forum

First Prev
of 26
Next Last
Jim Bencher

Cherry Hill, NJ

#1 Oct 19, 2006
Has anyone seen the postings on EquinoxCentral.com ? That looks like the main board for the Equinox and there are many problems posted there about this truck. I have not had any problems at all but I have gotten concerned when I see all the complaints. Look at these:

http://www.EquinoxCentral.com

Not sure if I should be concerned as my warranty expires.
leona carloni

United States

#2 Nov 10, 2006
I have a 2005 equinox truck by Chevy and it smells awlful, brought it back to Dan Perkins Chevy for the smell and they changed the oil, then I refused to take it home it stil smelled so they detailed it, now it still smells but worse because of the chemicals they used to overpower the original smell, they refuse to say there is a problem, not until I looked up all the complaints on the internet did I see there is a BIG BIG PROBLEM WITH THE SMELL ON THESE TRUCKS, Dan PERKINS AND Steven Perkins have admitted, making it seem like it was me, I am getting sick with headaches and my stomach and now my nerves from all they put me through, even Cheverolet Headquarters where I logged a complaint with Theresa Hall, shame on them!!!!!!!!!!
craig

AOL

#3 Dec 19, 2006
we bought a 2005 stinkquinox also same thing replaced coolant hose flush said bad fluid not so did lots of research found many complaints on this but no one knows whats wrong,my wife had headaches and burning eyes all i get is lies and a run around
leona carloni wrote:
I have a 2005 equinox truck by Chevy and it smells awlful, brought it back to Dan Perkins Chevy for the smell and they changed the oil, then I refused to take it home it stil smelled so they detailed it, now it still smells but worse because of the chemicals they used to overpower the original smell, they refuse to say there is a problem, not until I looked up all the complaints on the internet did I see there is a BIG BIG PROBLEM WITH THE SMELL ON THESE TRUCKS, Dan PERKINS AND Steven Perkins have admitted, making it seem like it was me, I am getting sick with headaches and my stomach and now my nerves from all they put me through, even Cheverolet Headquarters where I logged a complaint with Theresa Hall, shame on them!!!!!!!!!!
Kim

United States

#4 Dec 20, 2006
leona carloni wrote:
I am having the same problem. My car was returned to the dealer 3 times and it still had a terrible order. It makes me so sick. They said it had a leak and they fixed it. But the smell has been absorbed by the entire interior. So After the third time they said there was nothing they could do for me. I contacted my Sales person and he referred me to GM. I called GM, after 4 days they told me to take the car back to the dealer and a rep would look at it. After 3 more days, the rep called and said the smell is not that bad and there is nothing they can do for me. This happened about an hour ago. So, I just contacted the Lemon law lawyers. What a shame I have to go through all of this, what ever happened to good customer service?
Kim From Michigan

United States

#5 Dec 20, 2006
I am having the same problem. My car was returned to the dealer 3 times and it still had a terrible order. It makes me so sick. They said it had a leak and they fixed it. But the smell has been absorbed by the entire interior. So After the third time they said there was nothing they could do for me. I contacted my Sales person and he referred me to GM. I called GM, after 4 days they told me to take the car back to the dealer and a rep would look at it. After 3 more days, the rep called and said the smell is not that bad and there is nothing they can do for me. This happened about an hour ago. So, I just contacted the Lemon law lawyers. What a shame I have to go through all of this, what ever happened to good customer service?
Ben

Jackson, MS

#6 Dec 20, 2006
We have an '05 Equinox purchased new in Nov '04 and have had zero problems with it at over 30,000 miles. No leaks, noises, smells that other posters have mentioned.
jeff morgan calif

Buena Park, CA

#7 Jan 4, 2007
Nightmare car for Me so far..I got this car used..2005 Equinox...The gas tank will not fill up all the way..they replaced it..now the car dies on the freey way and some times will not start..its under warrenty but this car has been back to the dealer 4 times in 2 weeks...
Nevadanox

Fernley, NV

#8 Jan 26, 2007
I like my Nox with three exceptions. I had to replace the Bridgestones at 35,000. Put some Michellins on and love em. The second complaint is a raddle in the back. I can't tell if it's my muffler or rear window wiper. Very annoying. The last is when I first start it up in the morning. Seems the Nox is not a morning "car." Sounds like the idle is not fully set but it never stalls or anything like that.

Othe than these items- the Nox is not a problem. Average 19-22 MPG.
bball coach

United States

#9 Jan 31, 2007
I have been having many problems with my 05. It has spent most of the month of January in the shop and had both computers replaced and now the battery. It is going on 3 days for a battery replacement and now they say that they can't "reprogram" the car because I gave them the wrong key. Has anyone ever heard of this before?

Since: Jan 07

United States

#10 Feb 2, 2007
Nope, sorry.
bball coach wrote:
I have been having many problems with my 05. It has spent most of the month of January in the shop and had both computers replaced and now the battery. It is going on 3 days for a battery replacement and now they say that they can't "reprogram" the car because I gave them the wrong key. Has anyone ever heard of this before?
Slow Starter

AOL

#11 Feb 4, 2007
Anyone had any problems with the starter in their Equinox. I'm on my third one and still having problems.
Anitra

United States

#12 Feb 5, 2007
I have a 2005 equinox, I have not exsperienced problems with odor, I have had problems with the winshield cracking repeatedly. Has any one had this same problem.
Denky

Louisville, KY

#13 Feb 14, 2007
Don't know if this helps, but my brother-in-law was
having the same odor problems with a Jeep Wrangler.
Turned out to be the rear-end lubricant. Aparentally there is a differant type that is used in a vented and non vented rear-end housing and the wrong type was but in at the factory.
usefulidiot

Birmingham, AL

#14 Feb 15, 2007
Thanks for the heads up. I was considering one of these to replace the current hole that I pour money into. (Volvo XC70)
mike

Summerside, Canada

#15 Feb 20, 2007
Slow Starter wrote:
Anyone had any problems with the starter in their Equinox. I'm on my third one and still having problems.
Is it sticking? I had a nox along with my buddy and both of ours did that, mine unfortunately had the smell and many other probs but his is fine other then the sticking started?
Hating the Nox

Port Chester, NY

#16 Feb 20, 2007
I had that clunky noise too, They say its on "on board system check" thing... I think its weird but other poster's told me not to worry. I have 25,000 miles on the bridgestones and need replacing!!
Nevadanox wrote:
I like my Nox with three exceptions. I had to replace the Bridgestones at 35,000. Put some Michellins on and love em. The second complaint is a raddle in the back. I can't tell if it's my muffler or rear window wiper. Very annoying. The last is when I first start it up in the morning. Seems the Nox is not a morning "car." Sounds like the idle is not fully set but it never stalls or anything like that.
Othe than these items- the Nox is not a problem. Average 19-22 MPG.
Hating the Nox

Port Chester, NY

#17 Feb 20, 2007
WORST CAR EVER!!
Cant even go into every detail about the problems i have had in the last two years with the stearing column, tires, starter, window motor, locks, seat fabric just to name a few!! My latest problem is that my windshield wiper fluid keeps draining out!!
Once again have to be inconvienenced on behalf of the NOX!
MediaMan

Bristol, PA

#18 Feb 20, 2007
Taking Chevy to court. I have had so many problems with the Suquinox. Engine, electrical, body, you name it. I just feel bad for those who are past the Lemon statutes. I drove all Hondas before this, it's no wonder American car companies are hurting so bad. If the CRV had this reputation, Honda would pull it.
Hating the Nox

Ozone Park, NY

#19 Feb 21, 2007
Funny just got back from dropping it off at the dealer for service..again! I would love to take them to court.. How are you planning on doing that? And where do you go to do thar?? I want to get rid of my nox so bad that i am willing to stick with GM (maybe pontiac or something) so get out of the lease early!!!
I had Hondas too!! I miss my Honda!!
MediaMan wrote:
Taking Chevy to court. I have had so many problems with the Suquinox. Engine, electrical, body, you name it. I just feel bad for those who are past the Lemon statutes. I drove all Hondas before this, it's no wonder American car companies are hurting so bad. If the CRV had this reputation, Honda would pull it.
Hating the Nox

Ozone Park, NY

#20 Feb 21, 2007
My warrenty expires at 36000 miles (I have 3yr 15,000/yr) so i can use 45,000 Right now i have 25000 and 10 month left.. I have so much less miles because i dont drive the car when i dont have to. I do not feel safe in the Nox! Funny i have a trailblazer as well that i pay less a month for (that even has more options) that is a great car, no problems!!
Jim Bencher wrote:
Has anyone seen the postings on EquinoxCentral.com ? That looks like the main board for the Equinox and there are many problems posted there about this truck. I have not had any problems at all but I have gotten concerned when I see all the complaints. Look at these:
http://www.EquinoxCentral.com
Not sure if I should be concerned as my warranty expires.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 26
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Equinox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chevy Equinox - PCM Root of Problems (May '08) Tue Jr E 135
2007 Chevy Equinox (Dec '06) Tue PaulJ 400
Turn Signal Question (Apr '10) Dec 13 Tony 02 8
Equinox having trouble starting (Aug '07) Dec 12 esco_mlo 200
2005 chevy equinox problems (Feb '10) Dec 12 GMAN 45
05 Equinox trouble (Sep '06) Dec 10 dissatisfied 220
Water Noise In Dash/Heater Core (2006 Equinox) (Apr '12) Dec 5 dds hamilton ohio 23
More from around the web