GM Adding 60,000 Vehicles To Production

There are 626 comments on the www.kypost.com story from Aug 19, 2009, titled GM Adding 60,000 Vehicles To Production. In it, www.kypost.com reports that:

By TOM KRISHER DETROIT - Higher sales, in part from the government's Cash for Clunkers program, are spurring General Motors Co.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.kypost.com.

First Prev
of 32
Next Last

Since: Apr 07

ridgefarm Il

#1 Aug 19, 2009
A good sign. Hopefully GM sales will continue.
Mr Staples

Canton, MS

#2 Aug 19, 2009
Indeed

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#3 Aug 19, 2009


GM Adding 60,000 Vehicles To Production

Way to GO GM!!!
May 2010 be your year!!!!
truk

Sudbury, Canada

#4 Aug 20, 2009
could work up here if they bring it up
from a measly 300 buks.
r gov is always draggin feet on
major important issues.
Need 2 shifts on Camaro,
380 a day is dik when convertible commin
online as well.
Capt Concernicus

Lincolnshire, IL

#5 Aug 20, 2009
I hope sales for GM improve also. They need it.
george stener

Detroit, MI

#6 Aug 20, 2009
GM is building junk! I don't blame the workers but wherever it is that GM gets their parts, sucks. GM cars look cheap and their electric windows and braking systems wear out too quickly. I had a power window completely fail on a '06 Equinox with less than 50,000 miles on it. The brakes wore out at 22,000 miles (warped rotors).
Mr Staples

Canton, MS

#7 Aug 20, 2009
george stener wrote:
GM is building junk! I don't blame the workers but wherever it is that GM gets their parts, sucks. GM cars look cheap and their electric windows and braking systems wear out too quickly. I had a power window completely fail on a '06 Equinox with less than 50,000 miles on it. The brakes wore out at 22,000 miles (warped rotors).
GM and Toyota get many of the same parts from the same suppliers, especially the ones you just mentioned.

Since: Apr 07

ridgefarm Il

#8 Aug 20, 2009
Mr Staples wrote:
<quoted text>GM and Toyota get many of the same parts from the same suppliers, especially the ones you just mentioned.
Yes. So how can one be better than the other?
Mr Staples

Canton, MS

#9 Aug 20, 2009
Tom Loy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. So how can one be better than the other?
Looks like George is just another nobody.

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#10 Aug 20, 2009
Tom Loy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. So how can one be better than the other?
Engineering, style, and comfort

Since: Apr 07

ridgefarm Il

#11 Aug 21, 2009
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>
Engineering, style, and comfort
true, but I was refering to reliablity. and a lot of it has to do with what people's perception of a vehicle's reliability is. The reality is with a lot of the same parts, both vehicles should be very reliable.
Stop It

Windsor, Canada

#12 Aug 21, 2009
Tom Loy wrote:
<quoted text>
true, but I was refering to reliablity. and a lot of it has to do with what people's perception of a vehicle's reliability is. The reality is with a lot of the same parts, both vehicles should be very reliable.
Makes sense.
Capt Concernicus

Lincolnshire, IL

#13 Aug 21, 2009
Tom Loy wrote:
<quoted text>
true, but I was refering to reliablity. and a lot of it has to do with what people's perception of a vehicle's reliability is. The reality is with a lot of the same parts, both vehicles should be very reliable.
Yeah, but there's obviously a difference. I think if the parts come from the same supplier then it's a quality control (lack of) issue at the automakers.
Eddie Cabbage

United States

#14 Aug 21, 2009
Mr Staples wrote:
<quoted text>GM and Toyota get many of the same parts from the same suppliers, especially the ones you just mentioned.
You are completely wrong. GM has long shopped its parts on the auction block and sourced with the cheapest supplier, not the lowest total cost supplier. GM's designs and material specifications are inferior to Toyota, Nissan, and Honda. That explains why window motors burn out in 50K, waterpumps fail, and brake rotors warp in an instant within the warranty period.

You won't find Toyota's keiretsu suppliers in bed with GM. GM can't afford them.
Eddie Cabbage

United States

#15 Aug 21, 2009
Capt Concernicus wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but there's obviously a difference. I think if the parts come from the same supplier then it's a quality control (lack of) issue at the automakers.
See my post above. Toyota has better designs. GM has poor designs. The supplier builds to the specifications. GM designs their parts cheap and they plan the obsolescence and wear components (i.e. the notorious brake rotors that warp within 10K with one hard stop).

For commodity grade products they may share some suppliers, but generally Toyota has their keiretsu suppliers whom refuse to do business with GM. GM has Delphi supplying most of their parts, and Delphi has been in bankruptcy for years, so they keep cutting costs by producing cheaper quality.
IH8TGM

Boston, MA

#16 Aug 21, 2009
Please No!! GM Just Die
I dont need more tax money stolen from me on their Junk cars nobody wants.
IH8TGM

Boston, MA

#17 Aug 21, 2009
Stop It wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes sense.
GM AND RELIABLE DONT BELONG IN THE SAME SENTENCE.
loal

Canada

#18 Aug 21, 2009
have 99 grand am 340,000km on it,just replaced the starter and water pump two weeks ago.new starter (from mexico)didn't last 10 days.so it's not gm original parts it's just the ones made in Mexico

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#19 Aug 21, 2009
Eddie Cabbage wrote:
<quoted text>You are completely wrong. GM has long shopped its parts on the auction block and sourced with the cheapest supplier, not the lowest total cost supplier. GM's designs and material specifications are inferior to Toyota, Nissan, and Honda. That explains why window motors burn out in 50K, waterpumps fail, and brake rotors warp in an instant within the warranty period.
You won't find Toyota's keiretsu suppliers in bed with GM. GM can't afford them.
Come on now, donít you think thatís a little extreme? What explanation do you give for the decrease in quality regarding Toyota, and Nissan within the last five to eight years, and what comment do you have on the increasing quality at GM and Ford?

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#20 Aug 21, 2009
IH8TGM wrote:
Please No!! GM Just Die
I dont need more tax money stolen from me on their Junk cars nobody wants.
You need to do more homework.

Out of curiosity, if CR came out and said Ford makes the best car available, would you buy it?


troll

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 32
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Equinox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2005 chevy equinox problems (Feb '10) Wed Tina 60
Equinox Central.com --- Owners have posted lot... (Oct '06) Tue ziggy 517
Equinox air conditioner (Apr '08) May 18 jake 280
Equinox having trouble starting (Aug '07) May 18 jeff 205
Engine Misfire/Sputter (Jan '11) May 15 crystal 103
Water Noise In Dash/Heater Core (2006 Equinox) (Apr '12) May 14 ali 37
Peeling Paint on 05 Equinox (Apr '11) May 12 Viper 55
More from around the web