BOBBY

Lake City, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

For wheel well water leaks go to goggle and punch in "general motors bulletin #08-08-57-001A--this will tell you all you need to know and will give you the info you need to present to your dealer.
Mike D

Rapidan, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2010

Has anyone fixed this and had it work? If so please let me know so I can correct the problem in my equinox. Winter is coming and im worried....
Patti

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2010

I am having the same problem with my 07 Equinox What is up with water in the tire well and no explaination as to where it is coming from?
Kevin

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Well, you can add me to the leaky Equinox crew. I have an '07. As I was leaving San Diego to return to the Bay Area, I noticed the interior windows were wet. When I arrived home, I found the carpet soaked. Checking online for leaks, I found this topic. I then went out to the car, lifted the wheel well hatch, and there it was... LAKE EQUINOX. I so f***ing disgusted right now. Anyway, I spoke to the dealer and I'm heading down there on Wed, 12/29. Time for a mo-fk'ing battle.

Since: Sep 08

Rapidan, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
I took my 2007 to the dealership and was told there were pine needles clogging the drainage hole on the back side of the drivers side tailight housing??? I don't know if I buy it, because I've seen many similar comments out there. What are the odds that everyone's vehicle is clogged??? I am also having serious problems with excessive fogging of all windows, in addition to a musty smell eminating from the vents when a/c or defroster used.
I am in Abingdon Maryland and I took it back to the dealership, they called the water doctor and fixed the problem. If it had not been under warranty, it would have cost about $75, which isnt bad.
Indy Nox

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

Mad at dealerships wrote:
the dealership that we bought the car from is aying that our warranty doesnt cover the leak. I told the service dude to look online to see how many other equinoxes have this SAME problem, but he didnt care. He said that since there isnt a Government recall, they cant do anything. He thought that $1000.00 was a good price to pay to seal the rubber part up. Are you freaking kidding me... um no thanks. So if any of you got your warranty to cover this... I just want to know how.
Just wondering if you ever found a fix...just discovered three inches of frozen water in the wheel well.
Kevin

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2010

Just following up on my post.
I took the car to the dealer on Wed, 12/29. Initially, he was reluctant to admit any knowledge of the issue, but I stepped him through finding the windows wet on the inside, then finding wet carpet, then searching the internet on the problem and discovering a fairly systemic problem of leaks. Later he explained how they had difficulty in locating the source of the Equinox leak(s) but that they now had a good understand of where to look and how to resolve the issues.

The repair made on my car was to replace the weatherstipping. It arrived at the dealer today, they made the repair, and performed a water test. He also told me that if I ever have any problems with my Equinox in the future to call him directly. I was very satisfied in how the dealer handled the issue, and they stood behind their product.

I paid nothing for the repair, even though I was beyond the warranty period (3 years). In my opinion, if the leak is NOT the result of poor maintenance, GM/Chevy should cover the repair. It is a known issue that may not expose itself or be noticed for years, which is exactly what happened to me.

My biggest fear on this was the possibility of mold & mildew damage to the interior. The interior was dried and there wasn't extensive water penetration.
Jackie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2011

I am currently ALSO having a water leaking issue with my 2007 equinox. I've learned it's also not covered under warranty.
<---- NOT HAPPY
Michael D

Hanover, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2011

I had mine leaking when I first bought it. I called a place called the water doctors. I have not had a problem since. Water leaked into the spare tire area. I put on the brakes and water came flowing up out into the floor of the back seat. But since I have had the truck there I never had another problem. I would google water doctors.
Micah

Vincent, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2011

My parents bought a used 2007 Chevy equinox LT last December right before we went to mass for Christmas it was fine there and back but it has started to leak, like a lot. Water leaks into the wheel well and it leaks into the back seats all the way up to the front of the car. The dealership will have nothing to do with it and want to charge them 60 dollars an hour to "find the problem." Well that's not happening and the dealership is acting like they new NOTHING about the problem. we have to put it in our neighbors garage before it rains. What the hell is this world coming to? 3:5 people i have talked to say they have the same kind of problem.
Pittsburgh Walt

Carnegie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2011

Another 2007 Equinox water leak problem in the rear wheel well. Called Chevy Customer Service and they told me it was my problem because it is out of Warranty. After all of the years that customers have reported this problem one would think that the GM Design Engineers would be able to identify and correct the problem. I asked if they could give me some advise as to how to fix the problem so they got a 3 way with North Star Chevy my dealer who advised that they do not fix leaks. It would cost me $150 to $200 to find the leak Plus the cost to repair. The dealer uses an outside service to do this and they do not get any feedback from them on this problem. So much for GM resolving the leaking Equinox problem. If I ever resolve this problem before I buy a Ford I will post the solution.
buddy

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2011

bought a 07 nox used, we love it. just found the water in the tire well and all the carpet is soaked. we smelled it first. with full rubber mats we did not see the wet carpet.i've read all the stories above and can relate to the bad part. i have not found the perfect vehicle yet. still, it weould be nice if gm would acknowledge the problem and help out thier customers. i decided not to buy a kia because of all the bad press about customer relations. just keepon believeing in american product. we are still a godly nation.
CFIA

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2011

I have a 2007 equinox with water leaking in the spare tire well since i got it. i do not think that replacing the gasket around the tail gate would do anygood. Based on what i have read over the net, the solution can only addressed via Chevy as their vehicle has a structual problem. I went to the garage today and their solution was $310 cdn later to change the tailgate gasket which i can buy on the market for $50. funny another consumer was at the counter complaing about the same thing, the cleark was simply speechless and emotionless. Chevrolet knows about the problem because it is in their computer system everytime a customer shows up at the dealer and file a complaint. yet no one in Chevrolet wants to tackle the issue. Perhaps the cost of not fixing our problem is cheaper than a recall even if Chevrolet has localised class action suits.
Tn Cat

Strawberry Plains, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2012

We have a 2007 chev equinox and have just found water in the tire well. I was told by the dealer the seals are only covered for 3 years or 36 months. They will not do anything to help us with fixing the issue. Will never buy another GM product!
Patti

Eldridge, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Just looked in my spare tire well and Oh My!!! WATER!! I have a 2008 Equinox. My husband kept saying he smelled something funny whenever he rode in my Equinox. I smelled something once in awhile but not like him. I'm going to talk to a guy who also fixed our Oldsmobile when we got water in our trunk. He then replaced the tail lights but knew right away what the problem was. He worked for a place I believe was called Water Doctors.
ALP

Buford, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Been having trouble with my 07 equinox flooding as well... but not just the rear spare tire well, the entire backseat floor gets soaked. I usually keep a few sports bags inside, and they've all been damaged, not to mention any books I have placed in the car. My car just smells like pure mold all the time, and I can't get rid of it. My floor mats have bright red color stains from books I had on the floor before I realized it was flooding and damaging everything. My neighbor had the same vehicle and same problem as well. It is interesting that the hatch part doesn't get too wet,but the backseat floor does. I'm already having enough trouble getting them to refund my money for the recall on the gas pump leaks. It's been a year now, and we're still struggling to get them to pay us the money they admit they owe us. This is the first and last Chevy vehicle I will buy. This is ridiculous. My new job requires me to be in the car for 3-5 hours a day, minimum, plus my own private driving. I've started to get constant headaches when I'm in the car, but completely fine when I am at home or in the office. It obviously has to be the mold. Does anyone have any suggestions on good mold cleaner for the car? Though I'm sure it is too deep in the carpet and under the floorboard to actually get it all.
Mike C Canton GA

Woodstock, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Just purchased a used 2009 Equinox and I noticed the carpet was damp under he drivers floor mat, nothing major, and I spent the better part of a day cleaning the interior. It has not rained in a few days, so I will keep an eye out for leaks.. I noticed there was water in the Drivers Side Headlight, did anyone find a fix for the headlight leak? Hope I did not buy a problem no one wanted to deal with.
Thanks to all for the post - especially he GM Service Bulletin - If I do have a leak at least I will know where to look.
Carolyn

Portage, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

I have the same problem with water in the tire well (05 Equinox) along with the moldy smell. Our local body shop found a crack in the plate holding the spare tire and the support brace was bent. They welded and sealed it and put a new brace on it. He thinks the tire bouncing caused it. Hopefully it will work! He charged me $320. If it doesn't work, believe me I will take it back to him.
Danyelle C

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

redsalasa05 wrote:
I CANT STOP CRYING!! i have about ten gallons of standing water in my tire well and the dealer ship just sent me to a "water work place" it will cost me 1,000 dollars.. insurance will not cover it will take 4days to fix it. It will cost 180.00 to rent a car. I have no radio the water damage blew my amp located under back seats so i have to that fixed!! no one can just empty out the water till i come up with this lump sum of money
hi we're in Chesapeake VA as well and having the same problems with our Chevy Equinox that we just purchased used about 5 months ago from Priority Honda.What were you able to do for your truck?Water is coming through the overhead map lights,not sure where it's coming from may even be coming through the passenger and driver side doors.There is also some standing water in the wheel compartment and signs of rust under the seats and dash
RustySkyPA

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

IN OCT 13 WE HAD 7-10 INCHES OF RAIN OVER A 36 HR PERIOD..MY DAUGHTER WHO DRIVES OUR 08 EQUINOX LS HEARD WATER SPLASHING IN THE BACK SEAT AREA...SHE FOUND THE REAR CARPETING WET AND WHEN SHE PULLED UP THE COVER OVER THE SPARE TIRE WELL...FOUND IT WAS FULL OF WATER..I HAD NEVER HAD A PROB WITH THIS VEHICLE AS IT WAS GARAGED THE FIRST 4 YRS WE HAD IT..WHEN WE ADDED A 3RD CAR..IT NOW PARKED IN THE DRIVEWAY AND WAS EXPOSED TO THE ELEMENTS..MY DAUGHTER WENT TO THE CHEV DEALERSHIP WHERE WE BOUGHT THIS VEH NEW..AND THEY WOULD NOT TOUCH IT...THEY SAID IT WAS NOT THEIR PROB AND IT WAS NOT COVERED IN THE WARANTY..THEY REFERRED HER TO WATER DOCTOR...I ADDRESSED THE PROB MYSELF...I CLEANED THE CARPET AND LET THE INSIDES DRY OUT COMPLETELY..THEN..I BOUGHT A CAN OF THAT FLEX SEAL...THE STUFF AS SEEN ON TV..WHERE THEY PUT A SCREEN DOOR IN THE BOTTOM OF A ROW BOAT AND IT DONT LEAK..WELL IT COMES IN WHITE BLACK AND CLEAR..I USED THE CLEAR...I GOT IN THERE AND SEALED THAT TIRE WELL...AND ALL AROUND THE INSIDE OF THE BACK DOOR HATCH..UNDER THE SEALS..AT THE BOTTOM OF THE DOOR..BEING CLEAR IT DONT SHOW OVER THE DARK BLUE PAINT OF MY VEH..WE HAVE HAD SEVERAL RAINS SINCE I DID THIS..SO FAR SO GOOD..HIGH AND DRY...SO I SOLVED THE PROB FOR A $12 CAN OF FLEX SEAL..HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU AS WELL AS ME...SIGN ME DRY IN PA

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of63
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Chevrolet Equinox Forum right now

Search the Chevrolet Equinox Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
2011 Equinox door chime will not shut off after... (Dec '13) Jul 9 Donna 5
Equinox air conditioner (Apr '08) Jul 3 krugger 264
Engine Misfire/Sputter (Jan '11) Jul 2 david 83
2007 Equinox ignition key not releasing like it... (Aug '10) Jul 2 Connie 89
2005 chevy equinox problems (Feb '10) Jul 2 michael Morgan 43
'05 wont start a flash flood. Jul 1 Melissa 1
Equinox having trouble starting (Aug '07) Jul 1 Araceli 194
•••

Buy a New Car