driveshaft 2006 eequinox AWD
sherry152

Hamilton, Canada

#1 May 4, 2011
Does any one now where you can get The drive shaft balanced on the 2006 AWD equinox I hae had it to two garages and even spoken with a chevy dealer they all say they can't do it and my only ohter option is to replace it at a cost between $2500 - $3500 which is not in my budget if anyone has some advice that would be great
sherry152

Hamilton, Canada

#2 Aug 14, 2012
sherry152 wrote:
Does any one now where you can get The drive shaft balanced on the 2006 AWD equinox I hae had it to two garages and even spoken with a chevy dealer they all say they can't do it and my only ohter option is to replace it at a cost between $2500 -$3500 which is not in my budget if anyone has some advice that would be great
Got my answer have to replace it got used one for $1100.00
Gerry

Pinawa, Canada

#3 Aug 15, 2012
sherry152 wrote:
<quoted text>
Got my answer have to replace it got used one for $1100.00
I have a 2005 equinoux and mine broke at the center where the front and rear join up. There is no other manufacturer that makes repair kits available. I was lucky enough to be able to use the front drive shaft as if it where a front drive only. I did a lot of searching for this because of the cost to replace it. The end result was a 4 month wait from general motors for a complete drive shaft at the cost of$2300.00 plus labor. Wait till you find out the cost of fixing the loss of engine coolent. Its over $4000.00 I am now researching the new problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Equinox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Equinox having trouble starting (Aug '07) 3 hr therin 218
News GM reveals all-new 2018 Chevy Equinox with turb... Sep 23 Solarman 1
Chevy Equinox - PCM Root of Problems (May '08) Sep 22 Chris 156
2006 Equinox soaked floor Sep 20 hpf526 1
Mi vehĂ­culo se apaga durante el encendido Sep 18 Agustin Diaz 1
Equinox Central.com --- Owners have posted lot... (Oct '06) Sep 14 steve 1945 557
Battery draining and check power steering light... Sep 14 suzen001 1
More from around the web