GM will restart the now-shuttered vehicle assembly line at Spring...

Jan 1, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Tennessean

GM will restart the now-shuttered vehicle assembly line at Spring Hill to begin producing the Chevrolet Equinox.

Comments
21 - 24 of 24 Comments Last updated Feb 13, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Smoke em if you got em.”

Since: Dec 11

Drink coffee, not Kool-Aid.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2012

Agreed wrote:
To all the naysayer, sour grapes, jealous people out there, take a pill.
Don't disparage those who will get a job. Don't dispargae or berate those who are in the industry.
The majority of people working in the industry are hard working individuals, give back to their comminities, and depend on their job to provide for their families.
Don't believe that the few the media picks out as bad workers, represents all.
About the LOAN the gov't had with GM? Paid back 100% so GM owes the taxpayer nothing. If the taxp[aer still owned part of GM, then it would be in your best interest to promote the product.
Let me say that if YOU were working at GM you would understand. YOU would be spending money in your community, helping small businesses, giving to local charities, etc.
Be glad that GM is still in the area, hiring the local people. Be glad that there are jobs coming.. When jobs leave some of you whine about it. Now you have jobs coming, and you whine just the same.
Dang Yankee and Taxed Payer, if you knew what was up, you'd know the 2 vehicles slated for Spring Hill were brought back from planned production in Mexico. They aren't going to bring all production back to the US, but this is a start.
GM did not pay back it's loan, it just moved taxpayer funds around, it's just smoke and mirrors (see my previous posts with links).

As far as bringing vehicles back to the US, they should have never left in the first place. As long as GM owes the American taxpayer money, they shouldn't even consider sending work overseas or across the borders of the US.

It isn't my job (as you stated)to promote General Motors product, it's General Motors job. They have to design affordable vehicles people want and it's the assemblers job to build it right the first time. If neither one of you (GM or union) are up to the job don't expect me or the public at large to bail out your jobs again.

If "your team" can't get it right this time, you deserve to go out of business.
southerngirl

Spring Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2012

I was a temp for GM. I was called back three times I loved working there and yes the work is hard. I heard that some temps came in and didn't last the day. one in which walked in and turned around and left saying he couldn't do it. Don't know if i will be called back again or not. I hope so. If you get on don't think its easy or you will be one of them that walks back out. Pray it all works out cause Spring Hill, Columbia and all areas need the jobs GM will bring in.
TaxedPayer

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

Agreed wrote:

Dang Yankee and Taxed Payer, if you knew what was up, you'd know the 2 vehicles slated for Spring Hill were brought back from planned production in Mexico. They aren't going to bring all production back to the US, but this is a start.
Eh?
If I knew what was up?
I never said anything close to what you are trying to imply.
Care to explain?
TaxedPayer

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

SouthernGirl,

Where abouts did you start in Saturn as a Temp?
Anywhere near Team 2 in General Assembly?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Chevrolet Equinox Forum right now

Search the Chevrolet Equinox Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
2007 Equinox ignition key not releasing like it... (Aug '10) Tue Angie 93
2005 Equinox squeaking/creaking when turning (Mar '10) Jul 20 hazeyfla 42
Equinox having trouble starting (Aug '07) Jul 18 Larna swope 196
A/C Issues Jul 16 Annette 1
Equinox air conditioner (Apr '08) Jul 15 m-cali 265
interested- class-action for key ignition issue... Jul 14 trixiestixxx 1
Equinox Central.com --- Owners have posted lot... (Oct '06) Jul 14 trixiestixxx 496
•••

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••