2007 Chevy Equinox
Barb

Bethlehem, PA

#384 Mar 30, 2013
Does anyone have any problems with the door making a loud snapping noise when you open it? I thing something is broken in the door, but I am scared to take it to a dealer to have the door taken apart. Might not be put together properly when I get it back. This is on a 2007 Pontiac Torrent.
Latosha

Kingsport, TN

#385 Apr 20, 2013
My front and passenger doors make a snapping noise and the the bar jumps. I also have a engine light on and the dealer said its the EGR Valve that needs replaced. Does anyone know if its costly to fix the doors and if replacing the valve will fix the engine light?? This is on my 2007 Equinox.
Mary Beth

Bronx, NY

#386 May 28, 2013
I have an 07 equinox as well. Experienced all the pain, time, & aggravation that everyone else is experiencing! Took it to dealership - had to have the spare tire area emptied out, all areas sealed, & all carpet replaced!!!
Now I'm hearing water in what seems to be the roof! When my car is parked on a slant & then I back up to be level out of my driveway, it sounds as if there is water running above or beside my head. WHAT NOW?? Has anyone had this problem? Is there a fix? MY husband & myself have owned nothing but Chevrolet our entire lives-but believe u me.....THIS IS THE LAST. It's pretty bad that a company as large as Toyota can admit their automobiles shortcomings & issue a recall, but we ALL WANT TO BUY AMERICAN, & look where it gets u........Nice job General Motors :/
Sheila Denise

Fayetteville, NC

#387 May 28, 2013
This is really sad. Everything I see posted about the 2007 Chevy Equinox are ALL the problems I'm having. I purchased mine brand new. From day one, I had problems. There was a bad smell in the car. It took me two trips to the dealership in order for them to find the problem which was water leaking in the tire well. The inside handles on driver and passenger side BROKE, stained seats that want come clean, sunroof stop working, stable tracking not working, shocks went bad after a year, wont crank when you need it to, AIR CONDITIONING WONT WORK, AND NOW, the powered windows wont go down. Oh!! Let's not forget the cracked gas tank! Right after I had mine replaced, there was a recall on cracked gas tanks. I thought well, ain't that some BS for you. I'm VERY PISSED about all the problems and expecting more! You best believe that I WILL NOT buy another Chevrolet, ESPECIALLY an Equinox!!
TEM

Atlanta, GA

#388 Jul 5, 2013
I will repeat if you have the problem with water in the spare tire wheel well, get a drill, 1/8" bit and drill 2 or 3 holes in the bottom of the well. I know a lot of people have had the problem and are trying to get GM to fix it but they wont and this will take care of it and you will not have the ordor in the car
Sharon Scott

Taylors, SC

#389 Jul 14, 2013
2007 Torrent. LOoks like the same area for leaks. I think it is a stopped up plug to the outside diverting to the boot.
Amy

Noble, OK

#390 Jul 18, 2013
Has anyone had problems with their traction control? I turned mine on and I was working fine I got home and it started beeping and saying it needed maintence.
Katrina

Atlanta, GA

#392 Dec 17, 2013
Lots of the same problems with my 2007 Equinox - 95k miles. Stabilitrak service and traction control service lights keep coming on, front passenger side carpet soaked every time it rains (this can be a problem with the cowl being clogged, which helped mine for awhile but today took it back in because it started leaking again and its not the cowl line this time).
Rosella

Summit, MS

#393 Feb 6, 2014
http://www.interestingfunfacts.com/cant-stop-...
Cymone wrote:
I just bought a 2007 equinox in march, with in the first week i had it back at the dealership for my spare tire area filled up with water. They had it for about 7 days, they told me that they didnt know where the water was coming from so they sent it to the body shop and the found the leak was coming form the back somewhere, i didnt get a clear answer. Oh yeah my car did smell like mildew!!!!
Rosella

Summit, MS

#394 Feb 6, 2014
I bought my 07 equinox new. I have had nothing but problems with this car. So far, leak in the spare tire well supposedly coming from the luggage rack.(repaired), screws falling out of various places, steering shaft replaced, broken axle replaced, headlights keep going out. Dealership wants $1300.00 to fix that. I have a lemon law attorney working on this. For the money I paid for this car($27,000.00), and being a widow on social security the dealership or GM shoulda me this right. The only positive thing about this car is the good gas mileage.
Rosella

Summit, MS

#395 Feb 6, 2014
My door pops loudly too. Couple hundred bucks to repair.
Rosella

Summit, MS

#396 Feb 6, 2014
Austin wrote:
<quoted text>
I had this same issue with my 2007 equinox and it turned out to be nothing more then a faulty wire giving a faulty signal... although it took two trips to the dealership for them to figure this out
. I had to have mine replaced also
Rosella

Summit, MS

#397 Feb 6, 2014
Suzanne wrote:
My 2007 Chevy Equinox has water behing the headlight. How do I resolve this? The passenger side headlight is now burned out.
. The dealership told me water inside the headlights was a result of going through the car wash. Ridiculous!
07 equinox

United States

#398 Feb 11, 2014
Michelle Fort Wayne IN wrote:
My 2007 Chevy Equinox has also stated leaking water under the front floor mats. My carpet is soaking wet and I cannot tell where the water is coming my. It smells moldy inside. This just recently started happening after the warrantly expired. It has 14,000+ miles on it.
I had the same problem with my 07. Check the sun roof drainage tube. Mine came disconnected some how. You need to remove the plastic above the front side of the door. You can then see the tube if you pull the roof liner down. Connect the hose and your problem should be fixed. I think there is one on both sides of the car. My problem was only on the passsanger side. I also had the problem with the water in the spare tire area. I just poked some larger holes in the caulking for the water to drain. Seems to be working great. I have own the car from new.
Zoan

Horicon, WI

#399 Mar 26, 2014
I own a 2006 equinox, not a lick of trouble in 300,000 miles...no leaks, sunroof or otherwise.
vera

Opelika, AL

#400 Oct 29, 2014
Jiggs wrote:
I have a 2007 Equinox and I have a problem in that the idnition key is not released when i placce the gear lever in Park. I contacted GM Customer service in Oshawa, Ontario and my dealer iin Toronto and they have NOT been able to solve this problem. Wonder if anyone else has experienced this problem.

yes
vera

Opelika, AL

#401 Oct 29, 2014
yes I had that problem and chev dealer fix mind they put in a shift gear and it being working so far
cryssyg

New Baltimore, MI

#402 Nov 15, 2014
kim wrote:
I only had the car(2007 eqinox) for 7 days and I got a flat tire any one else with this problem?Right rear tire.
Mine does the same thing I have t put air in it at least once a week, and the idiot dealer put a smaller tire on the front pass. Side, had to get a new one
Cas

Dallas, TX

#403 Nov 20, 2014
anyone else have strong coolant smell when ever you start it up...it goes away after awhile but is really strong as soon as you crank her up. It doesn't over heat or anything just the strong coolant smell. Thoughts?
PaulJ

Sterling Heights, MI

#404 Dec 16, 2014
cryssyg wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine does the same thing I have t put air in it at least once a week, and the idiot dealer put a smaller tire on the front pass. Side, had to get a new one
All aloy wheels leak after a few years, tires need removed and the rim cleaned to fix. This will return as an issue after a couple of years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Equinox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Equinox Central.com --- Owners have posted lot... (Oct '06) 3 hr Bill 527
Equinox air conditioner (Apr '08) 11 hr sdarnell 285
Engine Misfire/Sputter (Jan '11) Mon smaz 107
2006 Equinox AC Problem (Jan '10) Jul 20 Lois wade 24
Peeling Paint on 05 Equinox (Apr '11) Jul 14 Brian 57
Chevy Equinox - PCM Root of Problems (May '08) Jul 12 Tye 143
2007 Equinox ignition key not releasing like it... (Aug '10) Jul 10 hillrp 115
More from around the web