2007 Chevy Equinox
Tim

United States

#21 Jun 3, 2007
Coolant system has failed for the 3rd time. Last time it was in the shop, the service manager said it was due to mold buildup in the coolant. Not what I wanted to hear concidering I have a 1 year old daughter. I am contacting a lemon law attorney tomorrow.
Mike

Riverview, Canada

#22 Jun 14, 2007
I was told the same about 2 weeks ago. Still no vehicle and no further information as to why it has been held.

Mike
NF. Canada
Mike

Riverview, Canada

#23 Jun 14, 2007
kathy wrote:
I just bought a 2007 Equinox last week. When I went to pick it up I was told they could not release the Equinox, Chevy had sent out a fax that all deliveries were on hold. No further information. Does anyonehave any idea what is going on? I can not ger any information.
I was told the same about two weeks ago.

Still have not heard what is wrong, and vehicle is still being held at the dealer.

NL. Canada
jct

Egg Harbor Township, NJ

#24 Jun 20, 2007
kathy wrote:
I just bought a 2007 Equinox last week. When I went to pick it up I was told they could not release the Equinox, Chevy had sent out a fax that all deliveries were on hold. No further information. Does anyonehave any idea what is going on? I can not ger any information.
Major recall on Equinox; all fixed glass must be replaced due to wrong primer used upon installation which may cause windows to move in a bad accident; so windshield; rear glass; and both rear side glass must be replaced.
bunker

AOL

#25 Jun 21, 2007
Susan wrote:
Water leaks under front mats. Both sides. Brand new car, already in the shop twice. Cannot correct the leak.
Anyone else with this kind of problem?
mine too, 2004 Trailblazer.
bunker

AOL

#26 Jun 21, 2007
My 2004 trailblazer leaks water on passenger floorboard. Dont know where from. Rain? heater? Car wash?
trailblazer leak solve

AOL

#27 Jun 24, 2007
I had a leak (passenger front). I found a/c drain hose( black rubber, size of straw), pulled it off, cleared it, placed it back on, let drain.-good luck -Dave B
jbttiffany

AOL

#28 Jul 1, 2007
Wish I had read all these post before went off and bought me a new Equinox 3 days ago.
I just turned in a lemon of a Mailbu, that was a 2001, but did not ever have 50,000 miles on it. Maybe I should get smart and stop buying GMs. The thing with the Mailbu was passlock problems that they could not seem to fix. Towed the car 3 times in 4 days.
VANESA

United States

#29 Jul 8, 2007
kim wrote:
I only had the car(2007 eqinox) for 7 days and I got a flat tire any one else with this problem?Right rear tire.
I HAD MY EQUINOX SINCE JAN 6 2007 AND I GOT A FLAT 3 MONTHS LATER ON THE EXPRESSWAY WHICH WAS ALSO MY RIGHT REAR TIRE..
Robert

Algodones, NM

#30 Jul 17, 2007
Stay on the dealer...we've had our '05 for three years and every trip to the dealer they said, "give it another 1000 miles and you should get better mileage. We now have 35k on it and it's out of warranty and still get crappy (12~13mpg) mileage! I started a case with Chevrolet today to see what they'll do with us.
Jim wrote:
This is my first Equinox and may be my last. Car was purchased brand new March 2007 (LT II FWD) from a local Chevy Dealer.
Gas mileage is not what the sticker on the car said. The dealer keeps telling me that it will improve with age, a little over 3,000 miles now. Quality of this vehicle, interior especially is poor compared to my 98 Chevy Blazer that I bought new with Leather Interior in it.
The front windshield appears to not have any tint at all and this is not good in the Southeastern US.I was wondering if there is a tinted windshield available for this car? The Driver and Passenger side glass do not appear to have much tint as well.
I am thinking about installing a K&N Air Filter to see if this will help improve low end torque and gas mileage. I am not sure if this will void the Warranty or not if I do this?
I am 60+ so I am not looking for jack rabbit starts or speed. I had enough fast cars when I was a Teenager.
Tips for new buyers.
1. Get Leather Seats
2. Get Onstar and XM Satellite Radio as this may help the resale value when you get rid of it.
3. Check for Tinted Glass all the way around before you buy it.
Thanks to you who have posted other comments here as many of them may be helpful in the future.
PS: I will try to post later about the K&N Air Filter?
Brenda

Saint Petersburg, FL

#31 Jul 18, 2007
8500 miles on my Equinox and now replacing right rear and front tire due to bulging on the sidewalls. Not covered under warranty of course.
Pat

Twinsburg, OH

#32 Aug 3, 2007
I've been reading all these posts as I just left the Chevy dealer after brokering a deal for a 2007 Equinox LT for $14,000 with the rebate of $3,000 and what they wlll give me for my Dodge truck but now after reading these posts I am definitely thinking twice about returning to the Jeep dealer and buying the Jeep Compass.
Hazel

Federal Way, WA

#33 Aug 12, 2007
My equinox also has a leak in the trunk area. I checked the spare tire after a week or two, and found a decent amount of water in the well. Went to my dealer and asked them to fix it and they said that they couldn't because mine had 35k miles and it wasn't it warranty anymore...but i bought the extra warranty package..is this right?? that they can't fix it with my extra warranty miles??
KRIS

Burnaby, Canada

#34 Aug 15, 2007
have been looking at buying a new vehicle... and just did a side by side comparison of the equinox and the torrent... hmmmmm can u see the difference??? i have been doing home work on both ( thank u for ur comments!) and frankly i have scratched them off my to test drive list... we have always owned chev or ford .. but their quality and after care has just seemingly gotten worse over the last 7 years...sad!
Catherine

Nepean, Canada

#35 Aug 29, 2007
My 2007 Equinox has had problems with the speedometer sticking ( I could be stopped and it would say I was doing 80km/hr ). My dealer replaced something called a 'cluster' but now it says 'Service All Wheel Drive' all the time. The ironic thing is, I don't have All Wheel Drive !
My dealer has told me that the technicians and the engineers at GM are trying to solve the problem but they have never seen this before.
Has anyone else experienced this ?
JOHN CACCIOLA

Neptune, NJ

#36 Sep 25, 2007
Susan wrote:
Water leaks under front mats. Both sides. Brand new car, already in the shop twice. Cannot correct the leak.
Anyone else with this kind of problem?
2007 EQUINOX JUST BACK FROM THE DEALER BECAUSE THE DRIVERS DOOR LEAKS RAIN ON THE DASH. 2000 MILES AVERAGE 9.3 MPH. ANYONE WITH BAD MILEAGE?
JOHN CACCIOLA

Neptune, NJ

#37 Sep 25, 2007
MY NEW EQUINOX HAS BACK TO THE DEALER FOR 5 DAYS TO GET A LEAK IN THE DRIVERS DOOR FIX AND THE MILAGE CHECKED. OVER THE LAST 2000 MILE I AVERAGED 9.3MPH. ANYONE WITH A SIMILAR PROBLEM WITH MILAGE.
Jessicca

Moorhead, MN

#38 Sep 28, 2007
Has anyone had any problems with their condenser for the air conditioner? The dealer won't fix mine under warranty from a rock putting a hole through it. They want $800 to fix it. Everyone who has looked at my car has been in astonishment from the lack of protection for my engine from road debree. There's no brush guard or anything there. Not to mention the bumper that was manufactured with 2 holes in the bottom and no protection for the radiator through it. This is a brand new car and i'm having to pump out almost a grand to fix it. Why did I buy new?
Mike

Highland, NY

#39 Nov 8, 2007
I want to advise everyone that I bought a 2007 chevy equinox and Ive had it for 9 months and I noticed after 3 months that I was getting water coming into the rear tire well every time it rained. I took it to the dealer 4 times and they could not find the problem. Upset about the matter I took my equinox to Billys Detailing and some how he found the problem because I dont get no more water in the tire well compartment. Why is it that the dealer can not find this problem or is it because since it is in warrenty they dont care... just a concern costomer..
harld

Highland, NY

#40 Nov 8, 2007
call billy detailing 3 cleveland st if you have a water lea in your chevy equinox

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Equinox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Peeling Paint on 05 Equinox (Apr '11) Fri MJT 61
Engine Misfire/Sputter (Jan '11) Nov 16 LaPorte 120
2007 Equinox ignition key not releasing like it... (Aug '10) Nov 12 Wendy 138
Equinox air conditioner (Apr '08) Nov 7 G Hudson 300
Chevy Equinox - PCM Root of Problems (May '08) Oct 31 pISSED 162
no power (Mar '11) Oct 31 ross 2
shuts off wwhen driving (Mar '11) Oct 27 Angieh 12
More from around the web