Cliff

Jacksonville, FL

#364 Dec 27, 2011
James wrote:
We have had our 2007 Equinox since 12/06. We live in Florida and have been in a drought all year. The tropical storm this weekend was the first real rain (and there was not much wind) we have had has since got the car. I looked in the trunk this afternoon to check on the spare and there was a good 6 inches of standing water. We will be taking the car to the dealer tomorrow. Looks like this is not an un-common occurence.
I will re-post with what the dealer says.
James, I have a 06 Equinox. We live in North East Florida. We've had it not quite a year and we are getting rain leaking inside on the right side floor board coming from under the dash.I'm dyeing to know what the dealer said? Please reply, Anyone.
joy

Clemmons, NC

#365 Jan 3, 2012
Hopefully somebody can help me w/ this one before I go to the dealer ship.my recirculation is not working so i was driving back home at 1 in the morning in a freezing temperature w/ air coming in from the outside...so what could be the main problem y my recirculation is not working?pls. Help ,I just need some advice.
Mtibodo

Houston, TX

#366 Jan 4, 2012
Stabilitrak? Anyone having issues with the stabilitrak or traction control warning lights? i have a 2007 Equinox that i bought used from a dealer about a year ago and these lights keep coming and going but no difference in driving and brakes are good. any suggestions??
chris

Winchester, KY

#367 Feb 17, 2012
i have a 2007 equinox with the same water leak problem call chevy and put in a conplanted. guy6 say only way everybody problem would be fix in a recall was if they got a lot of calls about issue. so call your dealership or this # 1-800-222-1020.this problem need to be fix. so please call and let them know your problem
Donna from Mississauga ON

Mississauga, Canada

#368 Feb 17, 2012
Mtibodo wrote:
Stabilitrak? Anyone having issues with the stabilitrak or traction control warning lights? i have a 2007 Equinox that i bought used from a dealer about a year ago and these lights keep coming and going but no difference in driving and brakes are good. any suggestions??
I had a similar problem about 2 weeks ago. The "Service Stabilitrak" light kept coming on; after a while, it would go off; then next time I started the car, it would come on again. I had also noticed prior to that that if I were on a hwy for example going at a good clip and had to suddenly hit the brake the car "shimmied" a bit, so I took it in to the dealer. They said there was nothing wrong (of course) when they tested it- I asked them to take the car on the hwy for a test drive- as soon as they started accelerating the Service Stabilitrak light came back on....it was $400 + to fix it, but I have the GM Protection Plan so only paid $100 deductible. They also noticed the shimmying I had told them about (not sure if the two were related?) and found that I needed new rotors on the front brakes. Hope this helps a bit. Good luck
Barrow

Kemah, TX

#369 Mar 23, 2012
Just fixed interior leak..........there are 2 drain holes in sunroof....blew air threw and ran water threw them........end of drains can be seen between the fender and firewall..hope this helps save you $$$$$$$ Will never buy another one miserable car poor quality!!!!!!!!!!
SuburbiaMom

Surrey, Canada

#370 Jun 19, 2012
I've been really loving my 2007 Equinox (46,000 miles) until the other day. We just bought it used two months ago - gorgeous condition in and out, low miles, no leaks, no dampness, no smells (and we live in one of the rainiest cities in the world, Vancouver). It's the perfect little SUV to get me and my small kids around the burbs safely (or so I thought).

Then the other day I was cruising uphill till at about 2000rpm the car lurched back, I lost all ability to accelerate, the fastest it would crawl was about 15mph, all the while the engine revved furiously on it's own trying to figure things out. Engine light came on as well as the Stabilitrak light and service message.

Took it down the the dealership and we're being quoted $868 + labor for a range switch module.

Oh, and shocker! Our warranty has expired (by time, not miles) three weeks ago. Bummer. Thanks a lot, Eagle Ridge GM. Won't be buying from them or another Chevy/GM vehicle ever again, nor will I recommend them to anyone. Actually, I will be slamming this dealership and Chevy to anyone I come across looking for a new car.

I drove a used Honda for 5 years without a single major issue other than an alternator and basic maintenance. Back to Honda the next time around. Till then I see this relationship with Chevy being a long, expensive and brutal.
Karen

Rochester, NY

#371 Jun 23, 2012
I just purchased a 2007 Equinox 4 days ago and while going thru the car wash i noticed my engine light came on. I went to the dealership to let them know. I heard sometimes if you do not seal tight your lid after putting gas in the vehicle you will see the engine light come on. The nice man says to try and drive my vehicle for 40 miles it should turn off. It hasn't and i'm going to check any recalls on this vehicle. Love the car hope this is not the begingin of a night mare....
bventi

Waterford, MI

#372 Jun 24, 2012
Here we are, back again, after fixing the leak and my daughter's constant illness, now we have a 400 dollar bill for engine light and stabilitrak lights being on and off. Some emissions switch issue....seriously????? I have a Lexus with 100,000 miles on it and nothing's ever been wrong, same year as this vehicle....NEVER again. Would not recommend this Suv to anyone, very disappointed.
JACK

Yucaipa, CA

#373 Jul 30, 2012
Dana wrote:
My ignition key is giving me problems as well. I am about to trade my 2007 Equinox. I'm sure I will be "upside down" on the payment since it has almost 100,000 miles. The EGR valve needs replacing now too. That seems to be a common problem with Equinox too. Stabilitrak Service light came on a couple of weeks ago but I have not seen it again and don't want to. Dealership told me that the EGR valve is not covered under GM warranty nor the extented warranty I purchased, which by the way, was a waste of money. It has not covered anything. Strangely, the leaking into the tire well has stopped. Not sure if it is because we haven't had torrential rains or what. I just hope it will stay away until I get this thing traded off.

i have read your comments about the equinox and believe it or not, im surprised. i got one for my daughter in 07 and the only things ive had to do until this week was, replace a set of tires at 81,000 and now the egr valve and a set of plugs. other than that its been a great car with no issues what so ever. now its near 100k and this is all i've had to deal with. i hope the next car she picks does as well.(her new 04 mercedes benz was a huge P.O.S.) IM LOOKING FORWARD TO ANOTHER CHEVY FOR HER SINCE THIS ONE HAS DONE HER PROUD. im sorry it was not as good to you as it was to her.
Carolyn Roberts

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#374 Oct 21, 2012
Suzanne wrote:
My 2007 Chevy Equinox has water behing the headlight. How do I resolve this? The passenger side headlight is now burned out.
Having the same problem as Suzanne on 2007 chevy equinox. And then no ordinary service knows how to change the bulb.
Carolyn Roberts

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#375 Oct 21, 2012
Water in the headlight on both side and now the passenger side burnd out. The expess lube does not know how to change the bulb. Flustrated. Also just had both motor fans replace at the dealership for just under $1000.00 and differant controll modules replaced mumerous times the vehicle has 54,000 miles.
Carolyn Roberts

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#376 Oct 21, 2012
Mtibodo wrote:
Same problem and dealership said they replaced the controll modules and this happened on 4 differant occasions.
Jerry

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#377 Oct 26, 2012
Dana wrote:
My ignition key is giving me problems as well. I am about to trade my 2007 Equinox. I'm sure I will be "upside down" on the payment since it has almost 100,000 miles. The EGR valve needs replacing now too. That seems to be a common problem with Equinox too. Stabilitrak Service light came on a couple of weeks ago but I have not seen it again and don't want to. Dealership told me that the EGR valve is not covered under GM warranty nor the extented warranty I purchased, which by the way, was a waste of money. It has not covered anything. Strangely, the leaking into the tire well has stopped. Not sure if it is because we haven't had torrential rains or what. I just hope it will stay away until I get this thing traded off.
I also had a water leak in the hatch area, I took the rear hatch area all apart it was the antenna. I resealed it and it never leak again. Looks like maybe taking the car though a car wash may have loosen/bent it.
Jerry

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#378 Oct 26, 2012
My leak was the anntenna in the rear hatch area it also filled my spare tire area with water, I resealed it and it never leak again. A car wash may have loosen it, very cheap designed
Jerry

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#379 Oct 26, 2012
Carolyn Roberts wrote:
<quoted text> Same problem and dealership said they replaced the controll modules and this happened on 4 differant occasions.
I had the same issue rear wheel bearings going bad 45,000 miles, Dealer replaced left and right side.
JoJo

Toronto, Canada

#380 Nov 12, 2012
Mike wrote:
I want to advise everyone that I bought a 2007 chevy equinox and Ive had it for 9 months and I noticed after 3 months that I was getting water coming into the rear tire well every time it rained. I took it to the dealer 4 times and they could not find the problem. Upset about the matter I took my equinox to Billys Detailing and some how he found the problem because I dont get no more water in the tire well compartment. Why is it that the dealer can not find this problem or is it because since it is in warrenty they dont care... just a concern costomer..
Where did Billy's Detailing find the problem & how did he fix it?
Glen D Ontario 2007 Equin

Niagara Falls, Canada

#381 Dec 12, 2012
Water leak spare tire compartment. Drilled 1/4 incn hole in drain plugs. Also had water passenger compartment. Went to glass installer and he found rubber boot under windshield wipers was leaking water onto shift leaver cable coming into the compartment.
Glen D 2007 Equin

Niagara Falls, Canada

#382 Dec 12, 2012
Spare tire compartment water. I drilled a 1/4 inch hole in the drain plugs bottom of compartment. Water in front passengers compartment. Took it to glass shop. The rubber under windsheild wipers was allowing the water to get into the car via the shift leaver cable. They resealed it.
sgd

Aliquippa, PA

#383 Feb 28, 2013
Amy NE PA wrote:
Rear Passanger door leak. Been back to the dealership 4 times for same issue, they've replaced the door seal, the rubber etc. Last time, they told me they can't find the leak. Leaked again yesterday. I am soooo frustrated/annoyed.
This couldn't be from the tire well could it?
We found water on the floor carpet along the rear doors. When we took it to the dealer, they immediately went to the spare tire well. We had water (gallons) in our spare tire well. Service guys said it apparently splashed up onto the carpet on both sides of the rear seats when we made a sudden stop. Spoke with Chevy customer service rep. Said there was no problem with my vehicle but would not give any info about other complaints. Wonder how the service rep knew exactly where to look first?!?!?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Equinox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Equinox Central.com --- Owners have posted lot... (Oct '06) Wed Robf1988 503
oil leak after oil change at dealership (Oct '13) Dec 23 narthur1 2
05 Equinox trouble (Sep '06) Dec 23 narthur1 221
2006 Chevy Equinox heater blows cool air? (May '08) Dec 21 Philly 713
Chevy Equinox - PCM Root of Problems (May '08) Dec 16 Jr E 135
Turn Signal Question (Apr '10) Dec 13 Tony 02 8
Equinox having trouble starting (Aug '07) Dec 12 esco_mlo 200
More from around the web