First Prev
of 20
Next Last
Susan

Jericho, NY

#1 Dec 13, 2006
Water leaks under front mats. Both sides. Brand new car, already in the shop twice. Cannot correct the leak.
Anyone else with this kind of problem?
George Ontario Canada

Barrie, Canada

#2 Dec 22, 2006
several leaks in floor and rear spare tire well. Dealer swears there is no known problem with water leaks in Equinox. HA HA Not only do they leak but also Solstics, G6 and others.
Karl - Austin TX

San Marcos, TX

#3 Dec 30, 2006
I just found my leak in the spare tire well. Sounds like a known problem now.
Karl

San Marcos, TX

#4 Dec 30, 2006
Just read on another forum that the water leaks from the taillights thru the wiring...it's not seated properly...and into the spare tire well. When you take yours into the dealer, perhaps that'll help.
Amy NE PA

Lawnside, NJ

#5 Jan 2, 2007
Rear Passanger door leak. Been back to the dealership 4 times for same issue, they've replaced the door seal, the rubber etc. Last time, they told me they can't find the leak. Leaked again yesterday. I am soooo frustrated/annoyed.

This couldn't be from the tire well could it?
Jay

United States

#6 Jan 17, 2007
Karl - Austin TX wrote:
Karl- was your leak in the taillights like you suspected?
Dee from Oklahoma

United States

#7 Jan 21, 2007
Karl - Austin TX wrote:

Karl please tell me about the leak, any smell in vehicle and what did dealer do? I have 20,000 miles of warranty left so I'm ready but I want lots of info when I go in to dealer. They are not going to make me think this is not a problem. My equinox is a beautiful vehicle, looks like new and has 15,000 miles on it. Besides lousy gas mileage and it stinks I love it. Help me if you can.
Kristee

Winterhaven, CA

#8 Jan 23, 2007
Susan wrote:
Water leaks under front mats. Both sides. Brand new car, already in the shop twice. Cannot correct the leak.
Anyone else with this kind of problem?
My new Trailblazer also leaks water under the front passenger floor mat. We have already have the dealer "repair" twice and they have not solved the problem. Now that the car is out of warranty they are trying to say repairs won't be covered, even though the first two attempts to fix the car was still under warranty. Sounds to me like Chevy has a big problem and someone needs to get a class action lawsuit started to make them fix the problem. When we bought the Trailblazer for $45k we thought we finally had bought a nice car that would last. Now, my car is starting to smell like mildew and the dealer can't figure out why. Each of three times I called to schedule appointments I was told that they were 2-3 weeks out on water repairs...that's a lot of people for just one dealership!
Ernest from Texas

United States

#9 Feb 7, 2007
My Equinox started leaking about December due to all of the rain we are getting and I have gone to the Dealer but I'm over 36,ooo miles... I am trying to work with GM Owners Assistance, Alex Garceau at 1-866-790-5660 Ext 10532.
Everybody call him and maybe we could concentrate efforts.
A Class Action suit doesn't sound bad...
Keith

Kenner, LA

#10 Feb 8, 2007
I put the breaks on in my Equinox about a month ago and water came pouring over and flooded the inside of my car. My car is at the dealer now. I just got a phone call that they have to take all of the trimming off the back at a start of $480.00. I showed him the articles about the tail light and others and wasn't interested. I'm getting ready to call Alex myself.
Kell

Castleton On Hudson, NY

#11 Mar 5, 2007
I have a 3 month old equinox and last friday in upstate nw york we had alot of freezing rain and rain. My equinox leaked water in from the front to the back. sounds like a common problem.
DEB

Midland City, AL

#12 Mar 12, 2007
I have water in my tire well also found it today. I am taking it to the dealer in about an hour. Mine is still under warranty. (sounds like I may need to invest the the extended warranty...blah..
kim

Severn, MD

#13 Mar 31, 2007
I only had the car(2007 eqinox) for 7 days and I got a flat tire any one else with this problem?Right rear tire.
Cymone

Garland, TX

#14 Apr 15, 2007
I just bought a 2007 equinox in march, with in the first week i had it back at the dealership for my spare tire area filled up with water. They had it for about 7 days, they told me that they didnt know where the water was coming from so they sent it to the body shop and the found the leak was coming form the back somewhere, i didnt get a clear answer. Oh yeah my car did smell like mildew!!!!
Edward

Waynesburg, PA

#15 Apr 17, 2007
Just found my tire well of my 2005 Equinox full of water this evening when checking spare tire pressure. Wondered why during the winter was getting mildew smell and even had windshield frosting up on the INSIDE of the windshield which I thought unusual. Bought it used 1 year ago but is still under warranty for 4000 more miles. Thank goodness.

Since: Apr 07

Garland, TX

#16 Apr 22, 2007
They didnt fix my car, i had to take it back the within a week, it rained and the wheel well filed up with water again, but i found out that the body shop has drilled some drain hole in the well wheel at the bottom so the water would drain out, so once again im with out my dream car that I saved for a yeat to get, bad dream!!!. dont know when i get my car back, but it going to run here in dFW area on tuesday, and again it will fill up with water, Dont you just love buying new cars. Oh yeah this is my first and only new car off the lot.
Fathi

Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

#17 Apr 27, 2007
Well I have the same leaking under left front floor matt.
Even we do not have lots of rain in Libya , but the water leaks when I take it to the car wash.
Jim

United States

#18 May 13, 2007
This is my first Equinox and may be my last. Car was purchased brand new March 2007 (LT II FWD) from a local Chevy Dealer.

Gas mileage is not what the sticker on the car said. The dealer keeps telling me that it will improve with age, a little over 3,000 miles now. Quality of this vehicle, interior especially is poor compared to my 98 Chevy Blazer that I bought new with Leather Interior in it.

The front windshield appears to not have any tint at all and this is not good in the Southeastern US.I was wondering if there is a tinted windshield available for this car? The Driver and Passenger side glass do not appear to have much tint as well.

I am thinking about installing a K&N Air Filter to see if this will help improve low end torque and gas mileage. I am not sure if this will void the Warranty or not if I do this?

I am 60+ so I am not looking for jack rabbit starts or speed. I had enough fast cars when I was a Teenager.

Tips for new buyers.
1. Get Leather Seats
2. Get Onstar and XM Satellite Radio as this may help the resale value when you get rid of it.
3. Check for Tinted Glass all the way around before you buy it.

Thanks to you who have posted other comments here as many of them may be helpful in the future.

PS: I will try to post later about the K&N Air Filter?
kathy

Auburn, NY

#19 Jun 3, 2007
I just bought a 2007 Equinox last week. When I went to pick it up I was told they could not release the Equinox, Chevy had sent out a fax that all deliveries were on hold. No further information. Does anyonehave any idea what is going on? I can not ger any information.
James

Tampa, FL

#20 Jun 3, 2007
We have had our 2007 Equinox since 12/06. We live in Florida and have been in a drought all year. The tropical storm this weekend was the first real rain (and there was not much wind) we have had has since got the car. I looked in the trunk this afternoon to check on the spare and there was a good 6 inches of standing water. We will be taking the car to the dealer tomorrow. Looks like this is not an un-common occurence.

I will re-post with what the dealer says.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Equinox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
05 Equinox trouble (Sep '06) 17 hr Lamar 222
Equinox Central.com --- Owners have posted lot... (Oct '06) Dec 24 Robf1988 503
oil leak after oil change at dealership (Oct '13) Dec 23 narthur1 2
2006 Chevy Equinox heater blows cool air? (May '08) Dec 21 Philly 713
Chevy Equinox - PCM Root of Problems (May '08) Dec 16 Jr E 135
Turn Signal Question (Apr '10) Dec 13 Tony 02 8
Equinox having trouble starting (Aug '07) Dec 12 esco_mlo 200
More from around the web