izxzy

Harrisburg, PA

#1 Mar 17, 2011
the man said code UO107 came up i have a 06equinox 3.4 moter
Equi-NOT

Newark, NJ

#2 May 29, 2011
I have a 2005 Chevy Equinox which I got in September of 2004. Currently, i'm at about 108,000 miles. At first...I was going to complain, but after reading the countless posts submitted by other equinox ownwers...my situation clearly could have been worse. The bulk of my major problems mostly started in the high 90k miles and 100k miles -right after the warranty expired -with the exception of having to get my cd player/changer replaced a record 14 times....that happened within the first year. Not a major function....but a huge inconvenience. On the "major" side and all within a matter of months, I had to get the complete steering shaft column and rack and pinion replaced (as something was loose and rolling around in the shaft) the steering wheel let out a loud continuous sqeaking sound.
Now, the engine has an issue with just shutting off! This truly bothers me, because I am very particular about maintaining the vehicle. I could be stopped at a light or driving along the highway and the engine justshuts right off...causing all lights on dash to come on. I find myself driving near the shoulder lane in case i need to make a quick exit off the road...this is really unsafe!
I have taken the vehicle to a major chain car care facility, which resulted in me paying $600 for cleaning the bore plate and throttle body of the engine, plus replacing the thermostat and gasket, which DID NOT resolve the stalling/ engine shut off as they had advised. my local mechanic thinks it may be the computer going bad and suggests i take ot to the dealership! Warranty has expired..I dont feel like going to the dealership and being ripped off while they play "guess a quick fix" when it may not even fix the problem!
I think i may just cut my losses.
T JAY

Detroit, MI

#3 Feb 8, 2014
I dOn'T THINK ITS RITE THAT U SPEND MONEY FOR USED CARS AN U CANT HOLD CAR DEALER FOR THE THINGS LIKE ENGINES ON A 2005 EQUINOX.I DID EVERY THING RITE OIL CHANGES.I THINK IF U SPEND OVER 5,000 THEY SHOULD HELP .FIX IT OR GET A NEW ONE
Brandi Parker

Jacksonville, FL

#4 Apr 1, 2014
I have an 06 Equinox and 3 weeks ago it started to randomly shut off. It has happend 4 times already. while I am driving the engine just shuts off. The car is almost paid off and Im not sure what to do. We took it to our mechanic and he said there was no code and he saw nothing wrong. He even kept the car for a few days and nothing happend. I see all the comments but does anyone have an answer.
pintelon4

Kankakee, IL

#5 Aug 1, 2014
After the equinox hit between 90,000 and over it happens and a few people we know have found out that as soon as they had a complete tune up it ran fine....for some reason they do that when its time to change the plugs 😕

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chevrolet Equinox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chevy Equinox - PCM Root of Problems (May '08) Sep 19 Monolo 131
2007 Equinox ignition key not releasing like it... (Aug '10) Sep 15 rick 101
Water Noise In Dash/Heater Core (2006 Equinox) (Apr '12) Sep 15 daughtryfan114 17
2005 chevy equinox problems (Feb '10) Sep 9 James 44
interested- class-action for key ignition issue... Sep 8 Lkelly 3
2010 equinox Sep 8 dave 1
Engine Misfire/Sputter (Jan '11) Sep 5 Mrsplachta 87

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••

Chevrolet Equinox People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••